MedHelp Social Community
Are Any Of You Going to Go to Any Tea Parties on the 15th?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

There will be lots of Tea Parties on April 15th. I know I will be going to one near me, I am excited to see how it goes. How about you? What are your thoughts?
32%
 (10) 
Yes, I can't wait
29%
 (9) 
No, really could care less
9%
 (3) 
Maybe, if it is close to home
9%
 (3) 
I am undecided
19%
 (6) 
31 Members voted
Hi there, why will there be tea parties on April 15th.
I am from the U.K. and am interested.
regards
I am wondering why, too .. but you think on the day before you'd host a virtual one for us?  

C~
Here is a link to what it stands for. TEA:"Taxed Enough Already"
http://www.teapartyday.com/

Here is a page from the site:
On April 15, be part of the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party rally in your community
On the day you pay your taxes, Wednesday, April 15, join others across the country and in your hometown who will be participating in TEA party rallies in front of their city halls.  The TEA party rally will begin at 12 noon.
Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:

vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?  

are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?
consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?
punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
want government controlled health care?
want to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections?
refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?
appoint a defender of child pornography to the Number 2 position in the Justice Department?
want to force doctors and other medical workers to perform abortions against their will?
want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home heating fuels?
want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?
take money from your family budget to pay for their federal budget?
If so, participate in the TEA party rally, the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party.

Bring your cell phone and call Congress and the president while attending the TEA party rally (Representative and Senators,                202-224-3121        ; President,                202-456-1414        ). Tell Every American about this effort by forwarding this invitation to your friends.  Together we can make a difference.

Lots of towns and cities are having them, it is really a matter of choice as to going or not. I was just curious as to who was going from this forum.
Yes definatly going.....want to see others standing up and being counted we are not a nation of cowards as was suggested by the new attorney General..
Wow surprised to see most 'couldnt care less' !! in the pole thats an eye opener,
I was surprised to, I thought there would be more going, that is a shock.
That's why there is are many problems in our country now - most people do not get involved in stuff like this.  I suppose many people are apathetic when it comes to their government.  Some people may not agree with the agenda and that's fine, but to not care one way or another is why we are in the situation we are in today.  I do believe that many will open their eyes when it's too late.  That's the scary part!  

We have to make our government more responsible and more accountable for their actions.  We need to stand up and be counted!  Make our lawmakers listen to what the "people" want and not what their special interest groups want!!!!
I see this has finally  taken off I have heard a lot about it in the news, am still waiting for an invite... we had our sales tax raised yesterday in CA  we pay more than the rest of you .
what is your percent margy MI is 6 %?   glad I dont smoke heard cigs are up a doller and some change per pack...
8.75%     hows that for a figure,, mad swartzanegger ...........
All the recent talk about "tea baggers" strikes me as unseemly.
Mike
Wow the poll says yes a lot are going to tea parties ....thats the way to protest....Yeh
If you are going to come on and give one liners like that, do yourself a favor and don't.
It was a classic double entendre Vance. You should probably research that figure of speech.
Mike
I know exactly what it was. You can write all the one liners you want but you always come up to scared to actually defend any point of view you take.
where I am in Alabama, tax is 10%.
What is there to defend Vance? It was a double entendre and if you truly understood it you wouldn't suggest a defense was appropriate. You either don't get it or you are "simply" being contrary.
Mike
As I said I get it, I was talking about previous posts that you made where I challenged you to defend it and you did and would not. You took the typical liberal responce.
Thanks Mike.  Brevity is (after all) the soul of wit.  
Where on earth did you get the idea that people need to defend their opinions?  
When people make decide to make rude and disrespectiful comments, they should have enough courage to stand up and defend their beliefs.
Mike wrote, "All the recent talk about "tea baggers" strikes me as unseemly."  How is that rude or disrespectful?  The fact that you disagree with a sentiment expressed here does not render that expression offensive.  As for standing up and defending one's beliefs, who are you to demand a defense from anyone?  Why should anybody feel that he had to justify his opinions to you?  I'm curious about this delusion of yours.
Again you throw insults into the discussion. Why do liberals always have to insult people? Is it something you are born with, or do you just hold that much anger inside of you?

If you actually read my responce you would see this, "I was talking about previous posts that you made where I challenged you to defend it and you did and would not."

I never demanded anything all I have asked for is a debate which has met with much fear, from yourself as well as Mike. Demand and challenge as two very different things.

Try reading what is actually written and not what you think is written.
Again I must ask, where is the insult?  You never did say.  All I see is that Mike and I disagree with you and decline to debate you.  
In my area of Washington, the tax is now 8.9%. A few years back, it was 7.9%, Geesh.
"I'm curious about this delusion of yours" Calling me delusional is not insulting?
That's not an insult, its an observation.  I find your remarks indicate that you harbor a delusion.  
In normal everyday usage "delusion" is often used to identify a mistaken or erroneous belief. It doesn't have quite the negative connotation that it does in a psychiatric or psychological context.
Mike
In the part of NY that I live in when someone calls another person delusional it is calling them crazy. And yes that is insulting. Personally I don't care if I am insulted because I don't harbor those issues like other who are "offended" at the drop of a dime. I just find it funny that things can not be kept civil, without insults, without name calling.

Hey you guys. This thread was not started to end like this. I was only curious about the TEA party and who was going.

Now, both of you are entitled to your own opinon, I have no problem with that, but, why not start a seperate thread regarding this difference or PM each other.

Anyway, that is all I have to say. I am not angry, I just did not plan for this thread to be like this. Oh well.
My apologizes to you Sassy.
Vance,
I think the term "delusional" is more negative because it suggests the person has several, if not, a lot of delusions. Characterizing one's belief as a delusion is not quite the same thing because it is more focused on the belief than it is on the person - it is attacking the belief rather than the person. I didn't see JD call you delusional and so I didn't think it insulting except that it suggested that you held an erroneous or mistaken belief.
Sassy,
That's the risk you run when you start a thread. You can't control where it goes. I have seen many threads intentionally hijacked and I assure you my intention was not to hijack your thread. Furthermore I didn't intend to offend you or anyone else when I posted. I had been watching TV and listening to the radio and I found one of the terms used humorous and so I made reference to that. I certainly didn't foresee the controversy that ensued.
Mike
No problem, apologies accepted. :)
You know they talk about leaving a huge debt behind for our grandchildren and great- grandchildren, but I see it this way: I would be happier if my grandchildren were able to afford taxes, rather than seeing them grow up in a Depression.

You said "Try reading what is actually written and not what you think is written. "

Try taking your own advice.  I did not call you delusional, I said I was curious about a delusion that you had expressed.  
I've been wanting to go to a tea party tomorrow, but all the ones in my area start around 3 p.m. and I have to be at one of our offices helping with their accounts receivable tomorrow!  I wish they had some later than that!  Another friend here has the same problem.  You'll have to tell me all about yours!  :)

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Janet
LOL this turned out to be an interesting game ...well I havent heard of a tea party near me if I find one on google I will go,  in CA the tax is 8.75 now I thought we had the highest, I was glad to see folks getting out to protest thats what we have to do to be heard.
When you get to a tea party tomorrow dont forget to say something about the 19.6 Billion in earmarks, some of which include ..The Fisheries, wood research, 1.8 million for swine Odor, light houses, bees in Hawaii, energy efficient street lamps in Detriot ,sheep institute ... so that where your trillions are going ...plus a whole bunch more .
geez im afraid to say anything lol
Will do, I am excited about it, but a little nervous too. I received an e-mail from the organizer of this particular one, and I hear there will be people from ACORN there as well as La Raza. This could prove to be most interesting. He told us not to sign any petitions except the two that would be on a special table.
I finally found one being held in my area I will be ther and its around lunch time so thats convenient Good luck everyone ..make your self heard.....
You made an interesting comment;
“You know they talk about leaving a huge debt behind for our grandchildren and great- grandchildren, but I see it this way: I would be happier if my grandchildren were able to afford taxes, rather than seeing them grow up in a Depression.”

Maybe our generation needs to look at finances as your grandparents or in some cases great grandparents did during the great depression. Buy what you can afford to pay for and save for a rainy day.

This great country and the majority of its people have taken an “I want it now because I am entitled” mentality that lead to laws being changed to allow people that were not credit worthy to get loans for houses they could not afford. Which lead to unscrupulous Executives taking advantage of them. It has also lead to so many of us buying things like cars, boats and toys that we could not pay for, but credit was easy so we could always “pay for it tomorrow”. The day of reckoning has come for us and if our leaders take the same approach with frivolous spending and that cost is passed on to our children then someday they will be facing the same thing we are.
I do think that a stimulus package needs to be passed but it should be something that encourages real growth in small business and supports the people that are willing to do what it takes to bring real jobs back to the US.

Taxes should be paid fairly by all that can afford them, which does not mean that the top 5% should be taxed so the bottom 50% pays very little, nothing or makes money by not trying to get ahead. I support the FAIR TAX, learn about it and you will see how it is truly fair to all and those here that are illegal and soaking up our tax dollars will also pay. However those that are citizens will not pay taxes on items needed for basic living.
What Are Tax Day Tea Parties Protesting?

About these tax-day tea parties: It's obviously fine if citizens want to exercise their first amendment rights and hold protests. Admirable, even. And if these protests are underwritten by corporate backers or supported by various media organizations (there seems to be some debate about this), that's OK too. First Amendment rights all round!

But what I don't understand is why these rallies are being held to protest, among other things, "higher taxes." (Higher spending is another matter.) There is a widespread perception that Obama is raising taxes willy nilly, so maybe this is worth clearing up.

link to entire article:  http://business.theatlantic.com/2009/04/what_are_tax_day_tea_parties_protesting.php
"I support the FAIR TAX"

I've read about the fair tax before. I support whatever works and I also support what Obama is now promising... to make our taxes more simple.

source: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-taxes16-2009apr16,0,2423838.story
Great turn out for the 'Tea parties' Guys  Some interesting talks and debates going on, finally America is finding its voice about many issues apart from just Taxes.
The tea parties are not just about higher taxes and not just for Republicans/Conservatives.  The media is portraying it to be only Republicans.  If you are an intelligent American you would realize and understand that this has nothing to do with what party you belong to.  It has to do with our tax money going to these banks, insurance co., freddie and fannie, and of course all the new cabinets that keep coming up in the White house.  We seem to be creating all these new positions in Gov't but we still have problems with our economy and everyday people finding jobs.  Where is this money coming from?  See, many of us do know that we cannot keep spending and spending.  This has nothing to do with what party you belong to.  This has to do with the start of the debt in the Bush administration and tripling it in the new administration.  Of course, if you watch CNN or MSNBC, you will only see terrible attacks on the Republican party and constant praise of the Democratic party.  Enough already!  We are americans and we deserve the right to have our voices heard, no matter what party you belong to.  I know for sure that I do not owe any obligation to any party.  I owe all my oligations to the one who created America and all countries.  He loved all people and never gave up and always spoke what he felt no matter what the consequences.  Yeah, you may not be a believer, but at least you have to realize that some sacrifices we make are to continue what this country was founded on.  Freedom.............................
Tea parties are a good idea and I hope they continue however I would like to see Americans get exited about bringing our jobs back to the U.S. No offense to anyone overseas but the NAFTA treaty is destroying the middle class in America. If we keep sending jobs across the border no one here will be able to buy the product they ship back. But I love seeing Americans come together for a common cause. Good job!!
Deacon,

That is so true about jobs in the U.S.  Many industries are being outsourced, especially the IT industry.  My husband knows all too well what outsourcing is.  He deals with more Brazilians and Indians than he ever had to deal with in the IT security industry.  And, it is only getting worse.  It is rather frightening to me to think that our IT security is being run by other countries.  Why do we continue to do this to Americans?
"Yeah, you may not be a believer, but at least you have to realize that some sacrifices we make are to continue what this country was founded on.  Freedom.............................:"

And remember folks.... freedom isn't free ! ; ^ )
PlateletGal,

Freedom isn't free.  That is a correct statement.  The tea parties are not protesting paying taxes.  They are protesting the way that our tax money is being spent.  Paying taxes is something that is required.  Paying taxes is even spoke of in the bible.  Do you really believe that this tax increase for the wealthy will only be for the wealthy and not other classes?  Maybe not now, but we will pay the increases later, all of us.  How do you expect to pay for the deficit?  We will all have to pay more and more to help the Government (Republican and Democrats) and their bad spending habits!  In my state of PA, we seem to give more and more money to programs that just do not work and cut the programs that are needed.  We are cutting programs for special education, programs for the blind, and various schools for children of veterans.  I work my a** off, while others sit on theirs and laugh because they don't need to work if they can get money from the government.    
Hi Melissa,

I do not worry about paying off the deficit. I also know that they interviewed people who went to these tea parties and they all had different reasons for attending and had different views on where their taxes should have gone. Sean Hannity, for instance, had commented that the $2700 (?) that each taxpayer is paying.. should go back to the taxpayer. How does that create jobs and stop AIG and other huge businesses from failing.... which would cause a depression ? It doesn't.

I am also concerned about much needed programs in my state being cut. Our new Republican governor is raising taxes and also cutting much needed programs such as education and assistance for disabled children.

I don't make judgments about people who receive government assistance. I'm not in their shoes, but I do suppose that there are people who abuse the system. Rather than focus on these people and illegal immigrants (who have cost taxpayers money).... I focus on solutions to the problems. And I just haven't seen any proposed solutions from these people at these tea parties. One thing I would like to see is churches stepping up to the plate. I don't know about the churches where you live, but the churches where I live seem to be all about big business. People donate to these churches with good intentions... believing that their money will help those in need. Well it isn't happening here. The fact that the Catholic church actually had those billions stashed away to pay off their victims, disgusts me. I guess there is greed all around.

As far as Obama, I believe he's had no choice to do some of the things he's done and I support him 100%. I wish Clinton and Bush would have addressed certain issues when they were in office, but they didn't. Or they tried to and failed. Either way, that put us in a tough situation. Obama has no choice but to address the economy in a way that he and the experts feel will save our country from a Depression. He has to also address education, health care, climate change, immigration (drug cartels), the real war on terrorism and energy. IMO... rather than worry, which I'm not because I'm already seeing positive changes due to some of these bailouts... I'm going to support our president and know that he needs my support.
I cant believe what I am reading on this thread,,I keep seing this word,FREEDOM yet you know what is happeneing.... yet you say you believe we are getting more Freedom under this goverment and OBama, it is the opposite they are taking that away...well there isnt much point in even posting you are absolutly sold on it all,,,,Good luck
I was searching around this morning and found this on Glenn Beck's website about what the tea parties really were and I couldn't agree more!

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/24073/?ck=1
I have yet to see a real estimate of the total turnout but, from what I saw on Fox, - and they promoted it - the turnout was rather meager.
Obama's first quarter approval rating is 63% and that's higher than Reagan, Bush1, Clinton and Bush2 at the end of their first quarter. It would appear that the majority of Americans don't have an appetite for protesting Obama.
I think it was an attempt by the right wing to coalesce and grow their numbers and nothing more than that.
Mike

I have some very simple questions for you:

1) My perspective of freedom is allowing companies in the U.S. succeed. Now imagine if some of the companies, such as GM Motors, didn't succeed. Do you believe that the Chinese would come in and purchase some of these companies ? That thought disturbs me a great deal. And on another note, I believe it was the Democrats who warned these companies (GM, etc.) to produce more fuel efficient vehicles. Unfortunately they didn't and they laughed at the idea of rising gas prices. They, along with many people on the right, were wrong.

2) Would you prefer these companies to fail in the name of "freedom", knowing that it would cause a Depression ?

Mike:

You are entitled to your opinion.  But, most of us are tired of all our politicians right now.  I'd say out of 10 of my friends who adamantly supported Obama, maybe 3 are happy that they voted for him. Pretty soon, we'll all be saying "Hail Obama!"  Of course, that's also just my opinion that I'm entitled too.  

The turnout for the tea paries was rather high.  I am going off memory here and at my age my memory isn't so great these days (LOL!) and they say about 300,000 people attended tea parties.  And, that's only the people who were able to make it.  I know many people who could not get off work to attend one, like me.  If I know that many people than there are countless others as well.

It's time we let our politicians know whose country this is and get them off their butts to do the work of the people and stop lining their pockets with our hard earned money!

The problem is the government was pushing our big auto companies to make more fuel efficient cars and they have been doing that at a HUGE expense because guess what cars are their biggest sellers and that are the most profitable?  The trucks, vans, SUVs - and so that's where a large part of the problem lies!  

My personal opinion is that we're already owned by China - who do you think gave us the money to bail out the auto industries!  Who else is helping us financially!?  If China calls us on the money we owe them - all H E L L will break loose!

As for a depression - if you think the bailouts will prevent that then I'm sorry most economists say that won't work.  It just prolongs the inevitable.  Let them fail and file bankruptcy just like you and me would have to do if we were in over our heads.  

Obviously, this is an issue that a lot of us will not agree on, but can we agree we want to stay free!  Do we want to have government running everything!?  Because that's what is going to happen and we thank Bush and Obama for that!

I don't believe that the turn-out for the tea parties was high. Heck... I could have been there. It is so easy to focus on negatives rather than the positives. Nobody likes paying taxes, but I realize what is going on and why we are in the mess we are in. Our president needs our support.

What bothers me about these "tea parties" is that Fox news pretty much started them... just about anyway. If they don't whine about one thing, I've noticed they whine about something else. Had Obama not bailed out some of these companies and we ended up in a Depression... they would have blamed him for that as well.

It is such a shame that the Securities Exchange Commission, which was set up to help prevent us from going into a recession or depression... was run by Bush's friend ! Imagine what would have happened if they had a competent person as CEO running the place. I don't think we would be in the situation that we are in now.... but history is history and we must now concentrate on the future.

I would like to see you answer the same questions that I asked margypops. I'm very interested in your answers.
That is also my sense of it.

jd
I don't watch fox news - don't have cable.  I watch local stations or PBS news.  I do not believe Fox started this.  I've been listening to people talking about this for months now before Obama came into office.  They were just as upset with Bush for his part in all this.  I don't think anyone can blame Obama - it's true he came into office with HUGE problems, but I personally do not like his solutions.  I didn't like Bush's either when he agreed to the bailouts!  In fact, the politicians in my local area who are supporting this spending and bail outs WILL NOT get my votes in our next election.  
Hi ~The Tea party was awesome, I was so glad I went, I had goose pimples all over, there were over a thousand of us there. To top it off, during the rally, a beautiful bald eagel flew overhead, everyone was cheering "USA, USA" it was wonderful. And NO, Fox News did NOT start these, the only reason folks think so is becasue they are basically the only channel that really told us about them and were fair about it, that is why so many did not know or understand their meaning.

Anywayd, I was sure glad I went, and I will continue to go to things like this, I feel like now, I am doing my part in a small way to help my country.
Sounds awesome!  I wish I could have gone to one.  We had hundreds of them around here.  In my town (which is very small) there were maybe 25 of them.  And, the protests were peaceful.  I'm so glad it went so well.  Of course, you know that the media is reporting that we are extremists because we protested now?  And, I also heard that Homeland Security was watching the people who were attending.  I guess because of our feelings about the Constitution and upholding it makes us extreme and on the same level as terrorists!  So sad!

I don't believe Fox news necessarily started them, but they played a HUGE role in these "tea parties". Keep people angry at the Democrats (or Republicans) and that way it distracts them from intelligently debating the issues.

Absolutely not, I do not want anyone/ any company to fail. All I say is there has to be a line drawn somewhere, moderation, if you will. Yes, of course we need taxes, but, we sure do not need them so horrendously high.  I do not want China doing anything in this country, I do not trust them, the thought should be disturbing to all in general.

I agree, America has been warned so many years about making more energy efficient cars, and they just don't seem to listen. I am in "fibro fog" right now, but, I know there were several alternatives brought up, but they were ignored, now, that ticks me off regardless of what party does it.

As to Fox, well, I admit I am an avid watcher of it, and in all sincerity, I do not think they tried to match the parties against each other, maybe other channels have, and I have watched them too, so I can speak from what I have seen. This, however, is just my opinion.

I hope I have made some sense. I have been in horrendous pain lately and no dang doctor can help me, this is getting old fast, so, I am off here for now.

See ya.

Oh yes, one more thing, I don't care if it is republican or democrat, if you ask me, they all need attitude checks, they have all acted very irresponsibly, and need their behinds kicked good and hard.

Taxes aren't actually that high.... they are pretty low right now and it could be a lot worse, especially considering the challenges that we (as a nation) have. IMHO.

As far as Fox news, I've seen them do some pretty nasty things. I remember they had a story that had me all upset at the Democrats. And then I watched CNN and heard the other side of that story... obviously Fox news isn't fair and balanced. We all know that Sean Hannity recently booted off his liberal "buddy" on his show.

What cracks me up the most about Fox news is that they have Karl Rove, Oliver North and Mark Furman (the racist) all on there... hired as commentators I'm sure.  It just amazes me. But I still check in to hear their side of things... which isn't that much. No proposed solutions on there either.

Have a great weekend.
I agree with you helpin Utah .Glenn Beck says it as it is its a pity others dont listen to him...Wow one can see the agenda here alright.. hey I hope you have a good weekend all.
Nobody has answered my questions yet. Bummer.
LOl
Shows we all care whatever our agendas Have a super nice weekend ya'll I appreciate everyone of you..
I answered your questions.  If you scroll up further you'll see what my answers were.  
I really like to listen to Glenn Beck.  He is rather funny and is not afraid to speak his mind.  My husband never really watched him, but recently started.  He finds him very interesting.  As for freedom, we are gradually taking that away from each and every one of us.  We now suspend college students for praying at school with their teacher that was ill, we have to take catholic symbols down at colleges before the President speaks (because he said so), and the worst of all of them is that we can not make a documentary about media bias without being cuffed and taken to jail.  How is this Freedom?  Now, they are trying to make it mandatory for Doctors, no matter what they believe, to perform abortions.  I am rather concerned regarding the CIA leak about waterboarding.  I feel that we should know what is going on in the government.  But, the CIA and other issues regarding our national security, which could let terrorists have the upper hand, should not be made public.  I also feel that if the terrorists are being captured and held due to killing 3000 people in 9/11, what are we going to do with them.  Should we pamper and make them comfortable.  They did not have any consideration for our feelings or our rights when they decided to take lives from this country.  Do we really think that they treat us with kid gloves in their country?  I think not.........We cannot continue to just sit and discuss issues with these people.  They are not even rational human beings.  How can they be, when they will kill anyone that gets in their way of what they believe.  This is just my point of view.  

Actually, I like Fox news, because they are fun and outgoing, always have really unique reports and always have both sides point of view.  They are not vulgar and are very respectful of who is on and their opinion.  They are for the people, not just for Obama.  I personally love to watch Sherpherd Smith and his OMG comments.  I don't care to watch Hannity because he tends to get a bit extreme at times.  Bill O'reilly is a real character and he is very fair about all issues (I guess that is why fox news is #1).  I find that other networks tend to just bash anyone that does not have their views and always puts the other persons point of view down in a destructive manner.    

Margypops, a while back you said that if I come clean for you, you will throw in a trip to the beach.  If the weather here does not start looking up, I may just take you up on that offer.LOL
I have never been to CA.  Have a wonderful weekend.
I agree with everything you said Melissa , each day form day1 the 'change'is happening OBamais  true to his word . You are right have folks fogotten what happened to us that day, my son -in law lost some of hiis clients and whilst they werent family it was totally shocking for him, one client threw themsleves from the window, he spoke to his wife before he did .Do I care if they are water boarded ..are you kidding.. if they know anything to stop that happening again,,. I used to watch MNBC when the election was on I was voting for Hillary I always thought she was in the middle (am not certain now  )but they totally didnt want a Woman president they derided her a lot so I switched to Fox and found them more balanced, I think they have become more protective now that its all changed .In CA all the Prisoners are being let out of prison, they closed Gitmo it was the first and "most important thing he did on his frist day in Office thay have to go somewhere. they are allowing 12 million to get immediate citizenship when my family has to wait years to get in legally, the 12 million will vote for him of course its all about Politics...I could go on and on,. Mellissa the offer is always open to come to my house, I am one of the Capitalists though so be prepared for a lot of comfort....lol
Well, I stated in my post,( way up the page ),that I would like to see the American people get exited about changing NAFTA. I see that you guys have not lost the American spirit. This is what America is made of, different people with different opinions. However we all want to see this country prosper. We are planning a march against NAFTA in our small town on May 2nd. You will not here about this on the news but if people in small towns everywhere would march then the media will notice. As I said before if all the jobs move out of this country then we will not be able to purchase any of the products they send back. NAFTA will destroy the middle class in America and I'm sure I won't move up a class I will definately move down. Upper class or lower class, where will you be?
I would have said upper but am iot certain now... I will look at your other thread.way up the page . am interested in helping my country .