MedHelp Social Community
Are you going on a vacation this summer?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Swampy was going to go see mom-critter on the plains, but doesn't have the funds for it, so it looks like he is going to have to wait until Christmas.

How about all of you?
Well thought I would go to London for the Olympics but we moved so been too busy sorting the house out I think family will come here and we may go back in the fall ,,thats the trouble with being ex-patriots one has to go back to see everyone ,it turns out not being so  much a vacation as a nice duty ..
Hope you come home soon to UK margypops.  You know I live 70 miles from London, but have not seen the olympic stadium.  Hope to get there some time.  Did go to Weymouth & Portland, 30 miles away when sailing was taking place.  Thousands of people there.

Where did you live in UK?  Where do your children live?  Have you still got your English accent?  Sorry for so many questions.
ahahah  I do still have an English accent ...the folks here seem to love it as they remark on it all the time ..you never lose the accent but pick up the terminology..ie....stroller is a push chair in UK    side walk is a pavement ...when I go back most can tell I am an American but   I still have the English speaking voice .It must be something to do with the Ear ....My dd lives quite near Wembley Stadium, they went to the mand saw the Olympic football game between Brazil and Mexico ..I know Weymouth very well we would sail around there and try to get round notorious Portland Bill ...
So far this summer I've been camping in Bethany Beach, DE from June 10th through the 16th- turned into a rather bad experience as I went with a friend and we ended up fighting =/ I also visited my grandma in Seaford, DE from July 27th through the 31st. It was an amazing trip! I drove down with my awesome aunt and her boyfriend. The last trip of the summer is hopefully (fingers crossed) planned for Labor Day weekend. My aunt, her boyfriend, and I may be going back down to my grandma's from August 31st through September 3rd! I just requested off work and I am waiting to hear from my aunt to see if her boyfriend got off =) I'm SO excited! Then I'm looking forward to an 8 day cruise with Carnival in mid-October! SO many exciting moments this year!
I went to Turkey in May.  First time I have been there.  Loved it.  My son got married on a beach there.  Beautiful.

I live in a nice part of Uk where many tourists come in the summer.  Seaside resorts in Dorset.
I remember the pics of the wedding Maddie, beautiful beach ...my dd has just had a camping vacation in Swanage ..I used to live in Sandbanks ..Saraboop   sounds like to are having some good vacations ..wow a cruise on Carnival that will be such fun ..