MedHelp Social Community
Back with questions of the day

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Back with questions of the day

Who is the most famous person you've ever met?

What is the best purchase you've ever made?

Would you prefer fame or respect? Why?
Harrison Ford...he was with Bill Murray and they came to my jr. high farm festival.  It's open to the public.  I've also met Mark Wahlberg, at the time Marky Mark who was a total jerk.  I met Samuel L. Jackson, his daughter went to my elementary/jr. highschool and he came to watch our school play that we put on for Do the Right Thing.  At the time he had just began his acting career.  

The best purchase I ever made....hhhmmmm....that's hard.  Probably my miracle bra.  If I ever wanted implants, now I know what they would look like.

I would rather have respect.  Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears have fame but they certainly don't have anyone's respect.  Fame is meaningless.  All it is, is money.  Yeah it's nice to have but I would rather people look up to me or think highly of me than be able to buy myself some bling and high end fashion.
I've met Marie Osmond, the guy who played Les on WKRP in Cincinnati and Lorenzo Lamas (he was so dang hot then).  I had my picture taken with Marie and Lorenzo.  They were at the same cancer benefit in Philadelphia back in 1983.  By the way, Marie Osmond is one of the most beautiful women I had ever met both in physical appearance and she was so kind and generous.  

The best purchase I ever made was my husband's wedding band for sentimental reasons.

I would rather have respect.
I meet Roy Rodgers when I was 14 with my parents.

THe best purchase I ever made was our camper I love going camping

I would rather have respect. I hate to see all the stuff that famous people have to
deal with.
1.Ron Howard, Wilford Brimley,  Brian Dennehy, Maureen Stapleton, Tahnee Welch while they were making the movie "Cocoon",  and Barbara Mandel (LOL, in a bathroom at a restaurant).
2. Best purchase?  Hmmmm, don't know, maybe my first home.
3. Respect
Bill Clinton.
Who is the most famous person you've ever met?  Yvonne Di Carlo (Lilly on the Munsters), Mel Gibson, Diane Keaton

What is the best purchase you've ever made? My farm - we lived there for 4 years and it rose in value by $114,000.

Would you prefer fame or respect? Why? Respect absolutely.  I have to live in my own skin and if I don't like me I won't be happy.  And I do have a need for others to think well of me.
I met Robin Williams in 1984.  He was buying coke from my date.  '84, cocaine galore!

My home is my best purchase also.  It was a fixer upper and like Trudie's it's risen in value by $200,000.

I would much rather have respect.  Fame...no thanks!
I don't know as I have ever met anyone famous.....  My daughter did throw up on our govenors shoes when he visited her school... She tried to tell the teacher that she didn't feel well.

We bought a house and 30 acres...The house needs work and the land isn't great, but it is mine.

Respect definitely as it seems if you have the fame, you lose the respect.  

dwayne wade,shaq, daunte culpepper, alonzo mourning(jerk), plaxico burress, neyo, lil wayne, akon flor rida (super sweet), dj khaled (annoying), patti labelle was a sweetheart!!..many more.. all types of people really....guess thats what happens when your in the radio business......

hmmm best thing i bought was the memory foam mattress for my bed....ahhhhhh cant wait to get home

respect!
Vivian Campbell (from the rock band, DIO) and Dr. Andrew Weil.
'steve perry lead singer of Journey

none

respect because I have lived 18 years wo it from the peron who should love me most
I actually have never met anyone famous. I hope to someday though.

I haven't really made a whole lot of purchases yet in my life. I'm only 14, so that's a question I really can't answer.

Respect. Fame is overrated.
I don't want to be a name dropper, but I have met many famous people, including, Mel Gibson, Gordon Ramsay, Noel Gallagher (from Oasis)

Hope4 ...that is sooo funny ...not so funny for your daughter though!

Think the best purchase was...I don't know!!!! Lots of things I would say have been very good for my life to improve! Maybe the computer..no wait...that was a gift from my man.....I know! triple ply non-scented toilet paper! Hee hee

Respect....always respect. Fame is fleeting.
most famous ever met thats easy.....Jesus Christ when I asked Him into my life

best purchase.....The Bible

Respect
Bon Scott ( old AC/DC )..of course when he was alive:) Hoping to meet Jamie Oliver as my cousin works in his restaurant and has become friends wit him..Best purchase..my home.
Mel Gibson he had a farm not far from where i lived and shopped in the same town hes actually really nice.