MedHelp Social Community
Bad Days, Bad Weeks and Bad Fortnights

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Bad Days, Bad Weeks and Bad Fortnights

Hopefully next week is better. Surely something has got to end my losing streak. Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whassup. These whole two weeks have been a losing streak. Especially the past couple of days. Worrying about the health and safety of two friends, trying to run a half marathon and doing an assignment the night after it was originally due!

I have had many bad days. Rain, rain, blood, pain, some more rain, some depressing music, bit of rain LOL.

I have had more than a bit of an Anxiety and worrying crisis so far these weeks and have had some trouble dealing with it. But I have made myself a committment:

Never to inbox my friend on Facebok until she has come back personally. Every time I inbox her, I get emotionally carried away, I make them ridiculously long and I say stuff I shouldn't do, so it is my committment to keep my mouth shut for the next few days LOL.

When you are having a losing streak like I am, how do you deal with it? What do you do when you wait for it to dry up and does it ever go away by itself?

One friend (Xavian) has been involved in another incident last night, a motor vehicle incident and could not come to school today. Three incidents in two weeks and she sent a text to my colleague saying "I wanna cry". Feeling sorry for her right now. Friends have said she just wants things to go back to normal and something always gets in the way. ******* hell, I want things to go back to normal too LOL. Eventually.

Another friend (Katie) is on a suicide risk. She has been involved in a major break up after four years and has not reacted with her Facebook account for days on end. I found out yesterday, she is dysythmic. This means she could do something she will regret and because she lives in New York, my only help lies in FB, an account she has not touched for a week (nearly).

How do you fix a losing streak, a bad day, a bad week, a bad fortnight?
I am going to say this hoping you take it in the light in which I mean it.  You are  young at 16 and have your whole life ahead of you.  These are difficult years for many.  One thing I've learned as time has gone on is to pick friends wisely.  Your 'circle' of friends seems to be very troubled and I would ask yourself why you are drawn to that.  You do not want a life time of surrounding yourself with unhappy, emotionally dysfunctional people.

You can remain friends with these people but I would say for you to try to actively seek a different way of seeing them.  And that then for you to attempt to befriend those who have fewer issues.  Join a group at school, take up a rec sport, get involved with band at school, whatever.  Change it up so that you find people commited to things and living life with the 'normal' highschool issues going on rather than severe emotional distress.  

I say that with sincerity as your circle sounds like it would be depressing to anyone involved.  good luck
You should act out of concern for your friends, but do not let their burdens become your own. You can be a fantastic friend without doing that.