MedHelp Social Community
Can you?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Can you?

This may be a silly question to some, but I was wondering can you make scrambled eggs in the microwave?? Also if you can, how long to cook for and is it safe?

I'm trying to get back on my diet and need fast things to eat in the morning so I can take back up my walking again with the nice fall weather coming in.

Thanks!!!!!!!
you can, but to me they are just plain YUCK!! not to mention, you have to watch out that you don't make a mess.
I cannot believe the extra six minutes it takes to make delicious scrambled eggs is not worth the effort. Microwaved eggs! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I make them in an Iron frying pan, warmed but not red hot, slightly lubricated with a dash of oilive oil and a pat of butter.

The eggs are prepared in a clear glass bowl. First separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the yolks in a separate clear glass bowl. Important. Use a whisk. Well worth the cost.

Add a dash of salt, a teaspoon of milk plus, and a teaspoon plus of maple syrup, to the white.

Blend the whipped yolks into the white and whip some more.

The key to good scrambled eggs is to use a flat wide wooden spatula, hover over the eggs, and "keep them moving". Push from the edges towards the center.

Keep pushing until they achieve the desired consistancy.

Don't leave the range.

Remove with a metal spatula.
You can do it in the michrowave but it comes out like a little omelet , I agree with the above ,not too wonderful.Heres the English version I used to make when I lived there, few eggs, whipped up, a little piece of butter/marge then add a little milk, salt and pepper, I add cayenne for flavor, bung into a pan, and stir ,the milk seems to make them creamy/sloppy .....its okay but I prefer American eggs ...
They are very fast if you use a non-stick pan and spray it with Pam.  Eggs and splash of low fat milk whisked together does it and add any spices you might like.  Sometimes I add a knob of low fat cream cheese for extra creaminess.  You can even chop some onions, mushrooms, tomotoes and/or green pepper or low fat ham ahead of time and add a small amount to the pan before the whisked eggs.  It really should take no more than 5 minutes.  The difference in time between this and the microwave is very little and worth it.  

My son has even made them ahead and just heated them up in the microwave.  

Another fast one is to make a smoothie (I freeze bananas for this) with yogurt and milke or juice and can put in other fruit or protein powder.  I will also make low fat ricotta pancakes (will be posting recipe soon) ahead of time and then just pop a couple in the toaster when I want to have some.  
Oh yeah eggs are an easy thing to make. I make them at home all the time. But I need something for work (and we dont have a stove) to be able to make. I dont always have time to eat at home, and my love for eggs is to die for. But spending like 3 bucks on an egg sandwhich like 2 or 3 times a week, is a bit pricey. They charge the same item to just cook up 2 eggs and they dont use fat free milk or Pam to cook it on.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll try the microwave eggs tomorrow and see how they come out.
I've made them in the microwave years ago -- if you spray a ceramic coffee cup with non-stick veggie oil first, they slip right out after they are cooked in the micro.  I'm not a fan of them this way, but they worked in a pinch when the kids were small and I had to walk away from the stove or a minute or so .. but, walk away too long and your micro will be a huge mess!!!!!!  
Swampy's high school cafeteria would not serve scrambled eggs, so we would make them in a microwave.

Its sometimes useful if you are making a breakfast sandwich -- they'll mold to the shape of your cup and fit nicely on your bagel. Plus, they are lower fat than the alternative.
The trick is to add a little milk to the eggs. Then after a few rounds, stir and put back in and keep doing that till they are just about where you want them. Remember they still are cooking when ya pull em out, so take em out a little before they are the way you want them and they will be perfect after a couple of minutes.  I like to add cheese, onion and pre cooked bacon pieces to mine and it is actually very tasty. The milk is key tho.
Thanks teko!! I will try your tip out :-)