MedHelp Social Community
Do you believe in "spirits, or ghosts" ?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Just read an article on this. One time when I was about 25, living alone in an apartment. I awoke ( yes I was coherent) and sensed something I looked near the bedroom door and saw what appeared to be the shape of an older man. I could see his red flannel shirt, he had a tool belt around his waist like repaimen or plumber wear, the thing is I could see right through his body, He was just looking at me, I felt no fear or anything I blinked looked again and he was gone. Arrording to the article i read a high percentage of people have had atleast one encounter in their lives, have you?
Yes, I do. :) When I was younger, l have honestly seen what appeared to be a person wearing a long black flannel gown walking around in my basement. I also could see right through their body and after awhile they disappeared.
i do. i've had more then one experience. when i lived with my mom something happened almost every night. at our old farm house we had a few experiences and i've even had something happen in our new home.
I do, however I have never seen any or experienced their presence, but, my mother and grandmother sure did, they would hear weird noises sometimes at night, and one time, they saw this really bright light in the corner of the room and there was not even a lamp close by. Grandmother use to say, they were friendly spirits for the most part, but, once or twice, she would feel an "evil" presence.

Like I said, I never have, and I am glad, it would probably scare the daylights out of me.
Im not sure if i do or not but i thinks its definetly possible! That kind of stuff really freaks me out i always say i will never live in a super old house cus some1 probably died in it and it will probably be haunted!
I havent had personal experiences but when i was young my cousins worked in a hotel apparently one of the rooms was haunted several guests said they would wake up in the middle of the nite and see some1 sitting on the foot of the bed! I dunno if its true but it creeped me out enough i never ever went in to that room!!
As a Christain I beleive there are good spirits from the Lord, also beleive there are evil spirits that roam the earth, maybe you all think i am crazy but being an addict i was under an evil spirit and I truley beleive that!!
Yes, I believe.  I have had several encounters - good and bad.  I won't go into detail, but it is real!
OK .. I must admit I went ghosthunting last year in cemeteries late at night with a camera looking for orbs ... by around 10:30PM I got scared and sat in the car.  And, I'm all grown up and was with my 82yr old friend.  Talk about bizzare things you do in your life ?  The best shot we got (sorry, no orbs) was that of a spider in a web late at night spinning its silk .. yep . it's mouth was open it was that up close and personal.  I was more afraid of being arrested when we were just there taking photos .. harmless fun!

C~
It's a topic that fascinates me, but I'd likely be freaked out of my mind if I saw or heard one.  When I am in the mood for a sleepless night or few I do enjoy reading real life "true" ghost stories.  A couple years ago I was reading stuff up about orbs, photos, audio clips ghost hunting stories, etc...  Interesting stuff.  I enjoyed it.  Crypto zoology is very interesting as well.  What worries me is that demons can also tie in with ghosts, etc... If I was to believe in ghosts how would I know the difference?

As far as believing goes, I don't know.  My mom believes that there are real demons, etc... She gets terrible nightmares, feels evil stuff around her, etc when she is sleeping and alone at night.  (Personally I believe it is sleep paralysis. I used to have very similar fears but once I understood what was going on, it seemed to take out most of the fear.)

A couple years ago I was reading stuff out about different "real" legends, paranormal stuff, etc and after having a good dose of that, I went to the bathroom late at night/early morning.  I turned on the sink and all of a sudden the valve to the toilet burst and water started gushing all over the upstairs bathroom.  I freaked out and woke up grandma.  We got the water turned off and had it fixed.  The timing was interesting.  Either it was some kind of warning or just a coincidence.  A very odd one indeed....

Another time (recently) I had a sleep paralysis episode and some man/thing was telling me that I have the ability to hear ghosts and sprits.  I woke up to a _very_ realistic sounding mo-oo-oan.  That scared me!
Yes i believe........
Absolutely I believe.  I have seen both my dad and my grandmother at the old family farm.  It makes sense, actually.  They both loved the place so much, both were born there, lived there and are buried on the farm.  I have seen them in the farmhouse, and elsewhere on the land.  Its not scary, it actually is comforting to know that their spirits remain there and watch over the place and thier loved ones.  It doesn't happen a lot, but I have seen them each maybe 3 or 4 times in the 43 years they have been gone.
jollyman, I know what you're saying and believe me, I agree with you 100%. I've seen evil upfront, too, and it's not a good feeling. But as a Christian, I believe we have the power of Christ on our side to overcome any evil. I believe there are angels and demons and they are just as real as you and me. The spirit world is just as real as our world as we know it.
My grandmother and mother had encounters with angels. It is very interesting. Just be careful not to dabble in something you don't understand, like Ouiji boards or other things because you may be inviting evil spirits around you. I've known people who had that happen and they were very sane people, trust me. I'm not afraid, though. I trust the Lord to take care of me and my family.

Oh, and the orbs I'm still trying to figure out. Some people think they're angels. I have a friend who swears she's seen them and taken pictures and I don't think she'd lie to me. I just don't know what to think about all of that.
I know all things are possible through Christ our Lord........
I agree with Jollyman. I believe that spirits do indeed roam the earth. I have seen one and at times I hear weird noises in my basement, like pounding and footsteps. I can also sense that someone or something is watching me at times. It creeps me out at times when I get that feeling.

I agree with MJIthewriter as well. I too believe that this is a very interesting topic.

I must say I am shocked by the response, I hesitated to post this because I thought you would all think I went off the deep end. very interesting how many have "seen" , must be some truth here, I know what I saw, was 100% awake, he was real but not of this present time also not scary, I figured maybe he died in that apartment.

Its confusing if they are dead why are they not in heaven or hell?
Thank You! :) I'm glad you have posted this. I have always wanted to know if any other people believed ghosts are real, but was too worried that everyone would think that I was crazy asking that. I now see that there are indeed other people that believe. I honestly believe what you have saw, as I have saw something very similar.

Maybe they like it so much on Earth that they didn't want to leave or their not capable to. I'm not really sure why that is.
Perhaps we should view heaven as something other than a geographic location.  Perhaps the essence of the spirit never completely departs from a loved one or a loved place.   All I know for sure is I can feel my loved ones presence in the place where we were all happy together, and I have seen them there.  

Some people may think this subject is crazy, but I know what I experienced was real.

jd
It seems that everyone who has answered has belief in this and no one is challenging we all know folks like to debate on here, so I am seriously suprised by the responces. I know 4 sure what I saw was real and I believe all of you,
well sorry  Cherie I havent had any sightings, but thats not to say that other folks havent, I expect they have, I absolutly believe that people have seen something, I do however really know from first hand experience of mine and my mom, about extra sensory perception, ESP I have had many times in my life known what was going to happen before it did happen, it has scared the pants off me at times, I know its a differant thing from seeing Visions , ghosts etc, but are any of you like me and have that....,. somehow perception
my mother and I share a psychic connection also, often we know what the other is going to say before spoken.  I also get feelings, usually to protect me or family from danger, ie, once deliberatley stalled on leving for trip to the zoo, felt physically forced too, when we left got on high way there was an accident with bodies on the road heppened about ten cars ahead of us, somehow I know we would have been there.
does anyone want to share their experiences? as i said in my other post i've had quiet a few. i know i've read that a lot people think the paranormal are rare but what if they're not? or what if some people are "more sensitive" then others?

anyways....my first experience was when i was 7. my mom, brother, her then boyfriend/husband person, and my aunt and uncle and me of course lived in this beautiful old victorian house (the papers mom had on it stated it was aproximately 200 years old). i LOVED it. until i went to play in the attack. while i was up there i was sitting in front of this huge, full length oak mirror when i heard a man laughing and looked up to see the mirror start to teter and fall over right where i was sitting. then i felt something shove me. of course nobody believed me when i told them and thought that i had pushed the mirror over. a few weeks later i had gotten extremely sick. one night my mom was going to check on me and cover me back up because i had and still do kick my blankets off at night. when my mom walked into my bedroom she saw a woman in an old nurses uniform covering me up. she looked right at my mom and said "she'll be fine. i'm here with her now." ( i still get goosebumps thinking about it) the woman then went by my window and "stood" there looking up at the stars. the thing was my mom could only see her from where her knees should have been up. but she said she felt at peace, smiled and said ok when the "nurse" told her that. the following morning i was up and feeling 100%. weird huh. we ended up doing research on the house and found out a LOT of interesting stuff but ended up moving when they found the skeleton in the chimney in my moms room.
a few years later we were living next door to my aunt and uncle. well my uncle had gotten extremely sick very fast. nobody could find out what was wrong with him and he ended up dying. one night shortly after the funeral i was sitting at my desk doing homework when i looked up at the big weeping willow that was next to my aunts porch. and when i looked i saw a man, in white and glowing walking towards my aunts house. when i got my binoculors (sp and yes i had them in my desk...we lived in the woods so there was always something to look at) and looked closer that man was my uncle who had passed the week before. when i talked to my aunt the following day she said she thought she had dreamt about seeing uncle dave and said she found a letter from him sitting on her nightstand. even weirder right?
a few more years later, once my mother remarried and moved in with the new husband my brother and i went with her. well shortly after we moved in my mother and i started to notice odd things at night. we were never heavy sleepers. so at night while laying in bed with my dogs i'd hear what sounded like someone in boots walking up and down the hallway, go into the kitchen slam cupboard doors and walk down the stairs to the family room. i'd get up and go look through the house....nobody there. nobody awake. so this went on for a few years and i got used to it. a few months before my husband and i got pregnant with our sons my grandfather passed. my family was DEVASTATED. we loved him so so so much. and we are still very upset and it's been almost 2 years. well i hate to say it but....i was the favorite grandchild (i was one of the only ones who didn't royally screw up their lives) so i was VERY close to my pappy. he was more like a second father to me. he never got to meet his twin grandsons...while he was alive. whenever i got pregnant the hose got even weirder. one night i was laying on the couch with my dog lucky watching tv when he started to growl and stood over me (that's what he did when he was protecting me) and was looking down the hallway so i sat up and looked and i saw a tall, dark "man" standing in the doorway to MY bedroom. when i looked i wasn't really scared but was nervous. the "man" walked into my room and just disappeared. i got up and went to my bedroom (yes i'm so fearless lol) and nobody was in there. shortly after that happened my dh, the twins and i got our first house. my mom and nephew were over visiting one day and jon (my nephew) headed upstairs to the nursery to grab some toys to play with. i went with him. he was standing in the middle of the nursery smiling and nodding then started to giggle. i asked him what he was laughing at. he looks at me and says "papa says love you and babies" then turns around and walks out the door and down the stairs.

that's all i have had happen so far.
sorry that was so long.
very interesting..I have heard kids are perceptive to this,,,,a skeleton in moms chimney?  Id of moved too, what was that all about?
we did move. that was actually why we moved. well after we did some digging into the history of the house we found out that sometime during the houses past it was converted into a private "hospital" and that's where we think the nurse came from. the skeleton in the chimney was a man. the only thing we could find about any men in the house was sometime in the 1800's a man, his wife and their 2 children lived in the house. the woman and her children weren't in the house (the papers didn't say where they were) but when the returned home her husband wasn't there. she waited and waited and he never came home. so they looked for him and couldn't find him. he somehow ended up in the chimney. what was weird was the chimney was stuffed with stones BELOW the skeleton and then there were MORE stones on top of him. so .....we were thinking something fishy fishy happened with that.
4 sure sounds like murder.
never had a doubt
I do believe.  I don't know why some have these experiences and some don' t but .....When My father died, and we were cleaning out his room.  He died in his bed so the bed was removed.  He had this funky headboard that was so 70's ...the squares that held books, junk, etc.  Along the wall of that headboard was a "wall of mirrors"  He had done it very nicely.  Two rounds of smokey-dark mirror and regular mirror in the center.  This is a wall about approx. 15 ft. long so I looked very beautiful.........ANYWAy...lol.  So, the bed was gone and just the headboard and mirrors, so I was standing, cleaning out whatever he had in the storage compartments.  My x-husband was helping me at the time working behind me.......or, so I thought.  I clearly saw him (whoever) standing behind me as I looked in the mirror.  I know I was in a bad mood cause I yelled at him "not to work so hard and, help me"  Well, as fI was still b1tching at him I heard his truck pull up and a slam of the garage door.  He was never there.  I don't know who I saw in the mirror, but it was clear enough for me to think it was my husband and to b1tch at him....lol.

to this day I still see the #'s 11:11 on a weekly basis. I always set the microwave for 3 min. to make my tea, and I can't tell you the countless times I have randomly hit the button to look back and see it at 1:11  i see them as the same.

Don't know if I made any sense or relevance, but I just woke up and the cherry on top........"A migraine"

I do believe, but I don't believe a lot I see on tv.......these ghost buster guys....??? dunno

Nauty
makes sense, I am as I said really suprised by the response, it seems it something most people dont want to admit and when others do they become comfortable with it,,,I think numbers are one form of being psyic,,,,there is so much that we dont understand...My best friends husband died at age 40 from lung cancer and told he  would send pennies if he could, and She finds them all the time, she could just clean the house be home alone and a penny will be on the floor or counter,,,I believe everthing everyone says on here.

Only once did I sense evil it was in my childhood house, my mom said (years later) the same thing happened to her,,I was laying in bed not asleep and I saw a black formless see through shape above me,,I knew it was trying to get me, I said outloud "Get thee behind me Satan" and it was gone,.,,,,my mom had taought me to say that never knew why till then,,,,the same thing happened to her more than once,...
yeah we figured he was probably murdered....i also think he was the "bad man" in the attic.

and that is creepy!!! other then the "bad man" i've never met an evil spirit or entity. i don't know if i'd be brave enough to even speak if i saw one!!! were you scared?
I believe all these stories , why wouldnt we some folks are more perceptive to differant things, like you Cherie I have had many many times when my perception has been correct,especially with my Family,an  awareness almost ..Heres one thing happened to me, My youngest Daughter ,the one trying to get in here legally!!) went to stay at her grans house, they took her to a large park that had a miniature train, the Gran and my daughter went on the train around the park, half way round the little train was derailed, and a lot of people also my daughter were pinned under neath the train....The same time this was happening I was out walking with my dogs and going underneath a railway , across a bridge, I had my husband with me, I said to him my right arm has gone numb I cannot feel it, I was also very cold although it was a warm day, we passed under the bridge and I started to feel a bit better. My daughter had been pulled out from underneath the train, she had been trapped on her right side where the train pinned her right arm down, when  we spoke to them she told me what happened first and the time it happened...it was when I was passing under that bridge...makes me feel ill just to remember it....I
Naughty, what was the significance with the 11:11? Just curious. My grandmother died June 11th at 11:11 and I always felt like it had some sort of significance. I think our births and deaths are not random but chosen by God. My youngest was born exactly one year to the day that we buried my Grandmother, too. I felt like that had a huge significance, too, since he was a surprise baby and I had him naturally. We felt like it was God's way of giving us a new life since we had the sorrow of losing a life. I still miss my grandmother.

Cherie, I do believe there are evil spirits but that we are protected by God when we place our trust in him. I do think that spirits of dead people go to heaven or hell but that angels and demons have access to earth, just as the Bible says. Angels are there to protect, comfort and deliver messages. Demons are more present where there is evil or to try to tempt people into evil. That's all Biblical.
I do not believe in ghosts, but I do believe in angels and demons. According to my beliefs as a Christian, people who die can no longer access earth even in their spirit form. I do believe, though, that (and I hope I don't get blasted for this; it's just my beliefs/opinion) demons can deceive us into believing we see the ghost of a loved one, in order to get us to explore further into the spiritual unknown and therefore leading us into a dangerous situation. Whether or not a person pursues "finding" their ghost is up to them.
I have never seen the ghost of a person. But I do believe I've seen an angel.
When I was 11 years old, I was put on a flight to CA to visit my grandpa, but there was a layover in Phoenix. I had never been on a layover flight by myself before, and I was nervous about finding my way to the next gate by myself. The whole flight to Phoenix, I was sitting next to this nice young man who looked about 30 years old, dressed in a business suit. He talked to me the whole flight. He was so nice; I felt so at ease with him.
The plane landed in Phoenix and I felt really scared, because I wasn't sure where to go, and at the time, I had a real problem with shyness, so I was afraid to ask anyone. The plane came to a stop at the gate and everyone in the plane got up to file out. As I stepped out into the aisle, I looked back over my shoulder to see where that nice man was. I just felt so at ease with him. But he was nowhere to be seen. I felt really scared because how could he disappear in a plane? He was gone but there was nowhere to go.
I got out of the plane and stood at the gate, just staring and overwhelmed at how big the airport looked and I didn't have a clue where to go. I walked up to the ticket counter and asked a flight attendant where I needed to go to get to Sacramento. She looked at me and shrugged and said to go look at a flight schedule on the computer screens. I asked if she could help me read it because I wasn't sure. She looked a bit anxious with me; a what-should-I-do-with-this-lost-kid look.
Just then, that man literally appeared right behind me. She even looked surprised, like "What the--where'd you come from?!"
He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder and said to her, "Don't worry. I'll take her to her gate. It's right next to my next flight."
I was so glad to see this guy again! He said to follow him, and we walked together for quite a long while to get to our gates. Meanwhile, I asked him where he was going. He told me Los Angeles (city of angels, haha. That didnt register with me at that time, though).
He got me to my gate and said I'd have to wait for about an hour, but that if I needed anything, he'd be right at the next gate for Los Angeles, and to just come find him. I thanked him and found a seat. A few minutes later, I wanted to go sit with him for company because my gate was completely empty. I walked over to the LA gate but he wasn't there. I waited there for about 30 minutes but he was gone.
I made it safely to Sacramento and called my mom that night to tell her about the man. She gasped when I told her he was going to LA. I asked what was wrong, because she sounded really shocked.
She told me that was an angel who guided me to my gate. I laughed and was like, yeah whatever mom. She said really he was, because she was so worried about me getting to Sacramento from Phoenix that she prayed God would send an angel to help me get there, and so I wouldn't be scared. That's when she told me that he had to be an angel, because she knew the moment I said he went to Los Angeles that he had to be.

I also believe in ESP. There have been numerous times when I've known something was going to happen before it happens. The last time it happened, I was in church last summer. It was the end of service and there was a moment of prayer. During that moment, I felt a sense of danger about my mom that would harm her soon. It was a sense like she didn't have much time before something bad was going to happen. I knew it was the cancer that would come back, but I didn't know when. I tried to forget about it and I didn't want to think about it. I really wasn't surprised when we found out, though. The news still hit me like a Mack truck and was traumatic to accept, but I was expecting it, in a way.
I've had a few other odd experiences like that, where I've just known things, like exactly what people are going to say or exactly what's going to happen. Then it does. It's kinda creepy.
thats odd about your Grandmas time of death, There is a lot of people into numerology I dont understand it, I was born Feb 7th same day as my Dad and hs twin same day as his Grandma passed a bit more than coincidence,

I believe there is a lt we dont truely understand and I agree April that good trumps evil. In the end the only thing nobody can take from us is our soul,

And to the above poster about my one negative experience, yes I was scared but not terrified, my faith is strong, when I have a scary dream I say the Lords Prayer in my dream and I wake up every time before the dreams get too scary.

Margy,your story is something else felt the pain in the same spot and you where in similar surroundings felt better when she did very odd .I think a lot of moms have a special sense when it comes to their kids,,,we would do anything for them, next to God it is the strongest bond.
Years ago, when my children were small and all in school except the youngest girl. We rented a house which was part of the underground railroad, where they would help slaves escape. The tunnel went underneath the roads, etc connecting with each other in the basements of the houses in this area. It was called the spade house, located in New Richmond, Ohio along the river. It had a well out back and at night you could hear what sounded like a child crying. One day after the kids had gone to school, I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. I was in my own little world and turned around and say a young girl standing at the sink. I handed her the dish towel, turned around and then it hit me. The kids were at school, WHO was that!  Needless to say, I moved! You know, the bible does acknowledge spirits. But it also warns not to dabble in that world. EEK!
oh that's creepy teko!
I do believe evil spirits exist. But like Teko says, I do not dabble in that world. It gives me the creeps to just think about that.
My mom seriously needs to come here and share some of her stories... She can probably tell it better than I, but she told me once she (or what it some of her brothers/sisters?) went to a graveyard and stole flowers from someone's grave.  After that they noticed strange things occur, such as thumping noises, doors opening and closing, etc...  And when they moved one of them reported hearing music playing in the house.

It creeped my mom out once she brought me over to my great aunt's house. I was really young. I was terrified of the crawl spaces and the upstairs level.  One day I randomly asked my mom, "Where's the baby?"  (I vaguely remember seeing a really old fashened stroller).  I don't remember if I really talked much at the time.  That's what frightened mom about it.  Well it turned out later (I forgot exact details)  either she had a miscarrage (miscarriage) or had adopted a child out.

That really creeped mom out that I seemed to know and ask that question out of the blue.  I visited them later before and after the great aunt died.  I never did feel easy in their house. There was one room that I felt a great fear if I stepped in.  My mom never did either. She and her sister felt the same terror in that same room.  She thought it was interesting we all had the same fears, even before she told me about how she felt and her older sister.  I used to claim I heard things when we lived in one house in WI.  I think it was sleep paraysis.  I'd hear what sounded like voices, music, etc...but it would fade away once I woke up.  Sleep paralysis can make one seem like they are seeing ghosts, etc, but it's really just a graphic dream.  But depending on what communities you visit, people may genuinely believe these to be true things.

teko, that IS creepy!  Did "she" take the towel?  I would be so moving away too.  Something about having an underground tunnel leading my basement to every other house doesn't sit right with me either.
That's really neat.  I believe angels and demons can exist.  I will never know for sure if this was an angel, but it was a very interesting coincidence. I also believe God brings the right people in our lives to help guide us when we need it.

This was my senior year in high school.  We had no money to pay an expensive studio to have my photos professionally done.  Through our church we found a person who loves to take photos.  Since we volunteered in the video studio we had some friends in there.  They agreed to set up the studio.  We had someone skilled at lighting to help with that part and a few other people to help out.

The day that we were going to have the photos done my dad and I had to stop. I think it was to eat or something.  I locked the keys in the car.  Dad called his insurance. They said it would take them an hour or more.  I felt like oh c-rap! I ruined the whole thing.  Out of desperation I prayed.

Some stranger pulled in her car next to us.  I forgot what led me to speak to her, but I did. I told her about having my senior photo coming up and about locking the keys in the car.  She said okay and said she could help us get there.  Normally I would feel afraid to trust a stranger who just pulled in, but I felt a strong sense to go ahead.  I forgot if my dad went with me or stayed with the car and waited for the insurance to come over.  I think I went alone with her. I told her how nervous I was about the photo shoot coming up.  She assured me it would all be fine and shared a little about her experience.  She told me I will have a great time and that I will enjoy it, like she did.

She dropped me off at the church and either drove off or disappeared.  She never asked for anything in return.  I don't believe I ever saw her again.  It could have been an angel, either that or God brought just the right person over at the right time.  It turned out I had a great time, just like she said.  We got some really stunning photos and they all look just as great as any professional job.
I do believe in them though I have had no experiences. My grandmother has though. She has been visited by my grandfather and her son, my uncle, who died very young. He came to give her a hug during Christmas time and left his handprints on her. She wouldn't lie and my aunts and uncles saw them too. I'm glad she had that experience. As a mother, I can see how comforting that would be.
i believe in spirits ,.sure i have two of them with me every day of the week
my son, and my daughter ,..i feel them and i get signs all the time from them ,.
without a doubt i believe ,
i also have a spirit in one of my photos its right a the back of me and my son and you can see it  as clear as day ,...
I lived with a sense of evil most of my life.  When I was a child, I didn't understand it, but did my best to cope with it.  It was during one of my visits to my parents that I was told about the things that would go on in the house I was born in.  My aunt took me to live with her & my uncle when I was almost 4.

I was told that the doors would open/shut; music would play & seemed to be coming out of the walls.  My older siblings seem to think it started happening when my sis brought flowers from the cemetary which was down the road from the house.  The house was an old one which at one time was a one room schoolhouse.  It is actually considered a "historical" building.  A rich farmer my Dad worked for gave the home to my Dad to live in while he worked for him.  Rooms had been added on along with plumbing.  

I was born in that house as there wasn't time to get my mom to the hospital.

The thing was that whatever was creating the chaos moved with them when they moved to another home close by.  I can remember being afraid to be in a room by myself when my Aunt tried to make me nap.  I saw the door "open & shut" by itself and I was afraid.  One eve, my older sis and brother came running down the stairs screaming, "There's a hand coming out of the ceiling!!!!".

Meanwhile when I returned back to where my Aunt lived in MN., I had to deal with the fears that had been created.  My older sis (5 yrs. older) had me hide her under the bed by distracting our Grandma because she heard noises upstairs.  I didn't want to sleep up there.

I would have nightmares. and many years later when MJ was little, we were visiting my aunt, we had gone to Bingo.  My uncle watch MJ and when we came home, she was upstairs.  I went to bed and sometime later she came downstairs having a hard time breathing (allergies) and out of the blue, blurted out, "What did she do with the baby?".  I freaked because as she said, she wasn't verbal.  2ndly she was too young to realize/know all I went through and how my sister & I wondered if our Aunt had a baby.  Both of us are highly intuitive and suspected something had happened.  

So I let her sleep down stairs.  When I had been afraid as a child and had come running down the stairs, my aunt had scolded me, yelling, "There's nothing to be afraid of! Get back upstairs!".  I had spent the night huddled on the steps with the door closed.  I wasn't going to do that to MJ>

Every time I went up those steps, I had the feeling something could "trap" me and I would scoot down them as fast as I could before I was stopped.

Years ago, after my aunt died, my uncle admitted to me that my aunt had a child, a boy, and had adopted him out.  He knew about it.  I let my older sis know and that put to rest what we had suspected.

I dreaded being left that house, so it was a big relief when it was sold and $ split up.

Over the years, I sought to understand why the "presence" or awareness of the "presence" that I felt was "evil" bothered me so much.  I couldn't stay alone at night and sleep.  I had to have the lights on.  There is much more, but this is what I can contribute at this time.  Good discussion.  Let me say that the only safeness I felt was in believing in God and reciting the Lord's prayer/23rd Psalms......

:-O
My mom lives in an historic house that is about 200 years old. It's on a small farm in a wooded valley, about 12 acres. Everything about this house and property is old, from the architecture to the trees on the property. It seems "alive," and I really don't know any other way of describing it.
Anyway, my mom has done tons of research on the house through census records and word-of-mouth reports from people in the immediate area (as the house is one of the handful of oldest homes, people who have lived in the area their whole lives and their families through past generations know sometimes know a lot more about this house than we do). Many families have lived there, obviously, and before it was made into a house, it was more of a "pit stop" place for travelers going through the area along the original trail/road that runs straight through the property, which of course is overgrown now, but still visible as a pathway.
The house has much of the original framework--in the main bathroom the boards that make the walls have writing on them, where people left notes for other passerbys. One note says "The McHutchens, Easter Sunday, April 1912," and a faded, illegible note underneath. It's quite fascinating.
I'm sure over 200 years of people living in this place, there have probably been countless births and deaths in the house. However, I've never heard weird noises in the place, or voices, or had any visions, and neither have any of my family members. I believe if any house in the world could be capable of having some haunting activity, my mom's place would definitely qualify.
Yet the most I can say is that this house really seems "alive." Like it's actually got its own personality, its own breath of life, its own sense of awareness. It's really odd, and no one can truly know the feeling of living *with* the house instead of just *in* it until they actually drive up and ascend the steps to go inside. There's just something "real" about it that I can't possibly describe in words. But it's like when you walk into the house, you're walking into the warm and protective arms of a loving grandfather. There's just a weird sense of life in it; it's very protective, peaceful, and joyful. I know this will probably sound really crazy and out there--but this house *loves* families, and especially children and babies. There's a sense of light and joy within the walls, like you can really feel it smiling. Yeah, like I said--I know it sounds crazy and out there.
The best proof I have to describe what I'm talking about is when my mom bought the house. She and her realtors went to go visit it, and my mom said she knew the moment she drove up to the house that it was the one she wanted to buy, and said she felt like she *had* to buy it, like it was where we belonged. She said it was more than just liking a house and thinking, "This is the place I'll put an offer on today," but more like, "I'm home. This is my home and this is where my family needs to be."
Well, turns out that just before my mom and her realtors got there, another family had come by to see the place, and they were just leaving as my mom and her realtors showed up. They told my mom's realtors not to bother with the place today, because the lock box was jammed and appeared damaged; they couldn't open it and said they'd call the home's owners at the time that evening.
My mom said she wanted to see the property anyway, and look around outside the house. Her realtors agreed, before the others left, I was told they were disappointed because they were really into buying historic homes, or something like that, and probably would've put an offer on the place.
My mom walked around the property of the house for a bit, and then she and the realtors got to the front door and looked at the lock box. It didn't look damaged, and it clicked open without a problem.
She put an offer on the house that day. She said it was something more than coincindental about the whole thing.
I posted a picture of my mom's house in my profile if anyone is interested in seeing it.
I do think the time of our births and deaths have meaning. I just haven't figured it out. Like I said, I felt like there was some kind of significance to my grandmother's time of death but I didn't know why.

I have a few stories to tell. One of them I think I told on my old journal about miracles on here. Maybe I should pull it back up again.
Anyway, my two oldest kids were in a car accident 3 years ago. A lady T-Boned them in an intersection and it totaled the car. Glass shattered all over them and my son had to crawl out his window since his door was smashed in but neither one of them were injured. My son just had a small bruise on his thigh where the door smashed in. They both were pretty shook up but ok. Later my daughter told me that when they left the house she didn't bother to buckle up (she knows better!) because we only lived about 3 miles from their school. Right before they entered the intersection she said she heard a voice, clear as day, tell her to buckle up! She immediately obeyed without thinking about it. I shudder to think what would have happened if she hadn't. She would have been thrown through the windshield, that's for sure. And she could have been killed. I told her I always prayed for her and her brother when they get in the car that God would send angels to be with them. I do believe that was her guardian angel.
Another story: My grandmother told me several years ago that she had a very vivid dream where she was standing in her kitchen talking to her sister (whom she was very close to) and her sister smiled at her and said "I just came to tell you goodbye." She said she was bewildered and said "But where are you going?" She said her sister just smiled again and then she woke up. She got a call that morning that her sister had died in her sleep. I know my grandmother and she would never lie or make up a story like that. It just sent shivers down my spine.
Wow, April! That's so touching...I bet your grandmother got some comfort out of that...I would...
Before my husband died he promised me that if life went on after death, and there was any way he could show me that, he would do.
When he actually died, I felt just 'deadness', like his spirit was absloutely not present at all, anywhere. He had just gone.
Weeks passed. I was horrendously busy, and things kept going wrong, so I wasn't in a mood for meditating on his spirit. I was struggling with everyday life, and problems that kept cropping up. Everything was too hectic.

Anyway, that spring, a friend of my husband's called me and asked if he could stay for a while in the spare room, as he and his girlfriend had split, and he needed somewhere for 2 weeks till he moved into another place. He and my husband had been on good terms and used to play chess together. I said -yes of course. Well, the 2 weeks were up, and sure as he'd said, it was time to move out. That morning we were having coffee at the breakfast table before I drove him round to his new place.

Suddenly I heard my husband's voice -clear and certain -it seemed to ring all around me as if he'd been in the room!  "Get him OUTTA here!" He said in not a very nice way!
I was completely taken aback!  Silently, kind of in my head I replied, saying "OK, OK! What's the matter with you? He's going. He's going right now!"
Only a moment later I wondered why we couldn't be talking about something else! Why something as ordinary as this, and why was my husband in such a bad mood?

About a couple of weeks later, the friend rang me and said could he come back and stay again, as his new place wasn't working out (for some reason) I said no. I wasn't able to cope with anyone living with me at that time. Sorry, I said, but no, not this time. I wished him well, and was friendly.

Anyway....(long story as short as possible)...about a month later I had to go away for 3 weeks as my father was ill. On the night I returned, I found the guy had broken into my house!...had commandeered my bedroom!...had lit a fire in the grate...had his books/clothes/CD's all over the place/....had left a ring round the bath!.....

I won't bore you with the ins and outs of what I did next, (but enough to say he didn't stay another minute!)

THEN I knew what my husband had been talking about!

After that I heard his voice one more time. After my dog died. I had just woken up in the morning and there was his voice again, clear and sure.  His voice said the dog was 'there' with him........ All he said was "He's here, with me..."
Strangely, after that I never ever heard it again. And never went to a Medium or anyone.
ginger that gave me goose bumps reading that!! my mom actually thinks that my pap left my grandma a voicemail (yup calls from the grave lol) when we listened to it, it was hard to understand but we were able to determine it was most DEFINATELY papap and what he said was "watch her. take care of her." 2 weeks later my grandmother had to be rushed to the hospital for a blood clot in her leg. she's fine now. working in her garden every day and going shopping with my mom and my aunts. lol.
spirits that walk or roam there earth still havn't found there light, in somtimes they see people as there light and that atracts them,clairvoyant's can lead ghost's to there rightful place.
Funny it was 1:11 just after I read your post.
go to your home page a do a search on 11:11 amazing the number of hits all around the world people notice this number,,,has to do with angels according to all that I read very interesting.

Your angels often communicate messages to you by showing you sequences of numbers. They do this in two ways. First, they subtly whisper in your ear so you’ll look up in time to notice the clock’s time or a phone number on a billboard. The angels hope you’ll be aware that you’re seeing this same number sequence repeatedly. For instance, you may frequently see the number sequence 111, and it seems every time you look at a clock the time reads 1:11 or 11:11
found out my grandbabys due date yesterday..honestly I swear,,it is nove 11...get it !!
11-11....Kinda freaking out slightly,,,,
Interesting... You know for three nights in a row, I was seeing 1:11 am, then the 4th night missed it... I caught it yesterday and the day before that saw the time 1:10 am...

I was looking up the number and depending on the viewpoint, some people think it's a psychological thing and others think it's something special, that you're supposed to make a wish at that minute and the angels may grant it.

Speaking about freaky things, you know where my parents live, we have this one floor board in the living room/dining area We all see it (except dad who finally saw it after mom took pictures of it and uploaded them).  It's an image of weeping Jesus!

I used to joke that we should advertise it and have people come from all over the world to see it, or take the board out and sell it on ebay. (you know like the cinnamon roll that looked like Mary and a number of other things that looked like her??)
Correction: it was a grilled cheese sandwich that looked like Mary and Mother Teresa that the cinnamon roll looked like.  Still our floor board is quite interesting. I'll see if I can upload a picture of it to my profile.  Otherwise you can check my mom's profile. She has recent photos of it and there's a strange glow over it.
your moms story was fasinating,,Im gonna go to her profile now and look at the picture..lots of amazing stories in this thread there is certainly more to life than we are aware of on a consious level, strange about the numbers 1111 huh,,I just looked them up on a whim...does mean angels to those who choose to believe...April is very religious and those numbers are the time of importance to her,,,very interesting.
I was born at home on Easter March 29th which reoccured 11 yrs. later, but won't again until I am in my early 80's and then 11 yrs. later .....cycle.

I had nightmares as a child of dead people walking through empty houses, etc.  It didn't help that I couldn't talk with an adult about it.  My older sister & I just knew that something wasn't right.

I don't discount others who have had paranormal experiences.  Part of me got fed up with it all and I more or less told God I didn't want these kinds of experiences.  I still don't understand why I was so frightened, but that is another subject.

It has been fascinating reading what others have shared.  Wow!! What a world we live in.  

thanks,
:-)
I've been lately catching the numbers 11:22, 1:22 and possibly on other occasions 2:11 (one day this week, caught 1:22 both am and pm...  Lately it seems like I will catch it a min later 1:23.

One day this week when I talked with my mom on the phone she reminded me to give grandma a hug for her. 1:22 am, I went down and gave grandma a hug and came back to find it 1:23 am. This morning I caught the 1:11 and I think I also caught 1:22 and 1:23.  I think with numbers it's any time we find a pattern we find it unusual.  Right now looking at 3:49 pm and will probably post this a minute or two later...  Nothing "special" there.
I don't pay much attention but today I happened to look at the microwave clock at 11:11a.m. and later at 1:11p.m.  

It is interesting to learn from others who know about numerology, etc.  I never studied it.

:-),
Donna
about 11:11 or 1:11 I did a search on them and it seems to have significance.Many feek it means angels or adivine presence...what I read states it their way of communicating and making one aware of their presence.
Interesting post here...I have totally experienced many crepppy things. When we moved into our second home, (live their now) we had terrible problems. I never really believed in things like that. We bought our home and the week we moved the teenage son that lived there died in an accident. I am not sure if the activity was related to his death but we had computers, lights turning on and off, noises, footsteps and loud dragging noises in our hallway upstairs. I once had my face touched when I was trying to go to sleeep I believe there were multiple things going on and I had a prayer vigil in my home to get whatever was here out and it worked, that was several years ago. I still live here and still get uneasy from the memories I have. These experiences only raised more questions for me on religous concepts, the afterlife and good and evil. It was not a pleasant time to say the least.
we actually had something happen last night!!!! it was probably 2-3 am and dh and i couldn't sleep so we were laying in bed talking. venus (our kitty) was laying between us getting some lovins (she loves having her cheeks rubbed so i was rubbing one side of her head he was rubbing the other). when all of a sudden one of the boys toys went off. (one of those toys you have to push to get it to play music) we're laying there and we're like...wtf. so we just lay there and it goes off AGAIN!!!! so i'm getting freaked out but dh says oh it must be a malfunction. ok...maybe. THAN we hear something fall onto the kitchen floor!!! so he gets up and goes to look (now everybody is in bed. the boys are too little to get out of their cribs and our ONLY cat is in bed with us) when he comes back upstairs he said it was my heart (he bought me a crystal heart for our anniversary last year that has my favorite  biblical quote, our name and date we started dating on it). he said it was laying on the kitchen floor. NOW in order for the heart to fall on to the kitchen floor it has to fall off of the ledge onto the counter and THAN onto the floor.

creepy huh.
heck yeah thats creepy,,now I have had battery operated toys go off as the batteries was dying but you say a button had to be pushed and it sound almost like your wtf and doubts pissed offf whatever was there and deliberatley broken something precious to you,,,,very odd n creepy.

Man, I remember 1st posting this and thinking everyone would think I was a nut...now I am about convinced that the MAJORITY has had some sort of a visit or vision///gotta be more than we know in this world a whole different realm...proves life after death...sure hope I dont get stuck..want to see Jesus when I go.
actually it didn't break. that's what surprised me the most. i was upset thinking greg had to throw it away. he said nope it didn't even chip. which of all the things on that ledge WHY my crystal heart? blah.

i always thought i was nuts to for believing. well my mom and i always thought we were nuts. especially when people would tell us that we're just 'imagining' everything.

i wonder what it would be like to be a ghost. i mean do they remember their lives? loved ones? how they died? when? where? do they still have a favorite place? or do they go to where they died? or to where loved ones are?
I am a professional psychic..or pyscho...depending on my mood....LOL....Seriously though, I am an empath and I gotta tell you..there are days I just want to run for the hills and say, Hey guys! I need a day off!
  I drove past a cemetary tonight, in an area I have never been to before...and I just wanted to stop the car....get off the road, walk over and say, HEY! I am going home.. I am tired..do you think you guys can kind of settle down for a bit?
   I think there is nothing scary in it. We are really like an antennae for a television. Given the right frequency, you can pick up Russia..or Great Aunt Flo!
   I have a ton of information on the whole ghost/spirit/dead people thing. I am more than happy to chat to anyone who has any issues on that. I won't do any readings over the net though (so don't ask me if your new boyfriend will marry you, I will only do that in person)...but I will help you learn why and how things happen to us, and how not to be afraid of it.
  Keep your Spirits up!...(oh that was rather lame!)

My friend's brother had passed a couple of a years ago. Since his passing, she had many strange things happen in her home. For instance, her television would turn on and off by itself. Her doorbell would ring and when she would answer the door, nobody would be there. Once she had a telephone message left on her voice mail and it was mostly static, but it was quite obvious that someone was trying to communicate with her. She noticed that there just happened to be no number listed on her caller ID, which was another bizarre thing.

Anyhow... one night I called her and was surprised that a MAN had answered the phone (she had recently divorced and lived alone). After the man said, "hello?" -- I asked if she was there and there was no answer. I immediately looked at the number I had dialed and I confirmed that I did dial the right number. I couldn't get anymore responses from the person who answered, so I hung up the phone. A few minutes later, I called my friend again and got her VM. I left a msg and told her to give me a call. About an hour later, my friend had returned home and had called me. I told her about what had happened earlier in the evening when I tried to call her. She asked me if there was anything unusual about the man's voice, etc. and I just told her that he immediately answered the phone... as if he was in a hurry. I'll never forget what she said to me after that... she said, "I think you talked to my brother !"  She told me that she used to tease her brother because he always rushed to pick up the phone. And she said that she was very upset and missing her brother that evening. She had returned from her cousin's house, where she was watching videos of them together.... she thought that she was going to be strong enough to handle it, but she wasn't and watching those videos made her very sad.

Coincidence ? You decide !
Heres a weird tale not really about ghosts but just strange coincidence or ESP... I went into hospital to have my first child induced, I didnt know the gender of the Baby, before I gave birth.About 2 hours previously  my Mom had gone around to her neighbour early on that morning and told her, " I havent heard from Margy yet ,but I had the strangest dream I hope the Baby is okay, she went on to tell the neighbour that the Baby was a girl but had been born with something wrong with her and had been bleeding from her head, the neighbour was concerned and they rang the hospital ,she was told that I had had a Baby girl and that all the nurses were admiring the childs beautiful bright red hair!! To this day my daughter has very red hair. My Mom was very perseptive and I take after her,scarily so at times...
I dont think this story is a coincidence, to much detail to be such, I  believe mothers and daughters share a really close psycic bond. Heres a true and odd story.

My mom was estranged from her mother at age 35 long story...

anyways I was about 12 at the time,,it had been 2 years since Grandma was outta the picture..i came to the breakfast table and said "hey mom, I had a dream last night that Grandma called, in my dream I picked up the phone and she said "Cherie this is Grandma can I talk to you Mom."  

My moms face turned totally white she immediatley sat down she was near fainting. She told me that the prior night she had a dream.....in her dream the phone had rang..I had answered and handed her the phone and it was her mother.....where my dream ended hers began..weird huh....we had not even talked about Grandma for months so it wasnt as if she had been a topic of conversation the day before or anything..
Wow that is a strange one ..but it makes sense the connection, I hope its a happy ending with them making up.
I have uploaded a photo that I have taken of a Castle off of the highway as I was entering Lexington, KY last Summer. I believe that I have captured what looks like a spirit in the 2nd window. If you would like to see it please feel free to look at it. :) I have even tried changing the tint and contrast in some of the photos and it still is visible.
My Grandma and I was really close to each other and I was devastated when she had passed away when I was only seven years old. Then the one day I had a very realistic dream in where my Grandma came to me. She was speaking to me and honestly told me that she was alright and that she would see me again. I never felt sooo happy in my dreams. It was as if a could sense a great presence around me. She told me that she had to go and before she left I was able to tell her that I love her and that I wouldn't ever forget her.

I still remember that dream to this day and I honestly believe that she did come into my dream to reassure me during those hard times. :)

I can relate. I had a dream about my grandfather and when I woke up... I realized that it was his birthday. In the dream... he was inpatient... like he always was when he was alive. He was waiting for us.

That is very interesting! :) Do you think that when we both had a dream with a loved one in, that their spirit actually entered our dreams and we were actually speaking to them for real????
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/81713?personal_page_id=424328&photo_collection_id=1307

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw your picture, It's interesting but to me it honestly does look like it's a statue of some sort. Have you tried to investigate and find out the history on the castle?
When I was in Kentucky I have heard that a man had built this castle for his wife and that they have both lived in it until they passed away. What I have heard is that no one has lived in it since.

If I go there again, I'll have to take another picture to see if it is still there or not. :)
Hi.. I'm going under a lot of stress right now... with health issues, family drama, and personal life issues.... and I know that stress plays a huge role in our dreams...

I have had weird movie-like dreams all my life.... most of them are horrible, but last night I had a dream that's really giving me the creeps!!!

I have a bassinet that I used on all my kids when they were babies.... and I put it away 3 yrs ago...and in my dream last night, I was alone in my bedroom and the bassinet was just sitting there, empty... when suddenly it rolled toward me... I thought nothing of it in my dream.. and I just pushed it back to where it was... then it rolled toward me again!! I felt a little scared and tryed to roll it back again to where it was but this time I couln't do it... it felt as if something or someone was pushing from the other end toward me... like a spirit.... it felt quite strong too... I freaked and immediately left the room... still dreaming of course....I ran to the living room and sat on the sofa and I happend to have my house phone in my hand... I was crying and very scared and was about to make a phone call for help....( still in my dream)... when suddently I see this 2 barstools that I keep in the kitchen counter, just there, standing before me next to some other wooden piece of furniture I didn't recognize.. and then they got knocked down in front of me... I kept crying and the little scenery repeated itself... where I see the barstools and the other piece of unknown furniture standing there like before... and getting knocked down again... The way they got knock down... was like with anger....I felt the presence of someone there with me in my dream... it made me feel very, very affraid... then I woke up...

It may sound crazy I always wake up in the middle of the night.... and for a few months now I feel like I get awaken by someone shaking my bed or bumping into it.... when I wake up I look around the room... I don't see anything but I do feel like someone is there... but I don't feel afraid and just go to back to sleep....but last night.... when I felt this presence in my dream, I felt very scared.. and can't stop thinking about it...
I feel like someone was trying to tell me something and got frustrated because I couldn't understand....
wow ,thats a weird dream lots could be interperted, or it kinda sounds like maybe you might be having an unexpected suprise any chance or thoughts of a new baby?

also the symbolicness of the bassinett new birth new beginnings, and your pushing it away, you dont want it,,sounds like some stress pushing into your subconsious and things r just too much lately, kinda like you need a break,,know the feeling thats why I stayed home today, maybe you need to do something nice for yourself.
Hi Cherie... yea that dream was really something... someone told me once that I should write my dreams because they're like movies..... Lost happends.... they're weird most of the time... and sometimes they even continue in the same night...

Defenitely no plans for new baby..... I'm so done...LOL... I had a BLT already and about the new beginning, well it hits home on that one... I have been worried about cervical cancer... and I believe we shared thoughts not too long ago about hyterectomy....

Well I'm proud to announce that I just received the most amazing news from my doctor... I DON'T HAVE CANCER!!!!! yeeeeeiiiiiihhh.. And don't have to have hysterectomy after all either..... apparently all my severe dysplasia was removed completely after my last procedure last wk.... I'm just trying to recover now... but at least I can breath again.....Thank God.... What a blessing... I feel like I just got a second chance in life and that dream on my last post was maybe my ''spirit friend'' whom I felt before, trying to tell me everything was gonna be just fine with the baby bassinett meaning new beginning... and the second part of the dream, maybe the spirit got a little frustrated with me because I couldn't understand the message and I've been stressing myself too much....

But now last night I dreamt that a whole bunch of my teeth were falling out.....
I remember dreaming it before but only with 1 or 2 or 3 teeth but not a whole buch like last night..... The other times that I dreamt this was not good news....  maybe is the family drama with my inlaws that I'm going through right now.... but thats another very long and neverending story...

I do need a break... I wish I could get away....
sometimes I take a break at home, just lock yourself in your room favorite junk food, a good chick flick to watch and a nice nap,,does wonders for the soul,,,great news. I am so happy for you, waiting for test results stinks,,then you get the come in phone call cause the seldom say anthing on phone,,I am really glad you dont have to undergo surgery..

family drama never ends I think between the all of us on here we could each write a short story and put em all together for a book, kinda like chicken soup for the soul only ours would be Extra Drama for Making life too Exciting. LOL
I know what u mean, but sometimes is nearly impossible with 4 kids, and a husband that's like a kid too... I'm just so frustrated because eventhough I got the greatest news... that I don't have cancer.. which was my biggest fear.... I alson learned that I got a stupid infection. I guess I'm not taking it easy as I'm supposed to after the cervical cone biopsy surgery... and because of it, my doctor put me on bed rest for a wk... she gave me some antibiotics which is great but on top of feeling useless I'm nouseous because antibiotics, my lower back is killing me... and I can't stand not moving around...I'm usually very active... like I said I have 4 kids.... I'm sorry if I sound harsh... forgive me... its just the hormones.... I've been all hormonal... I think... I cry very easy... and I feel kinda lonely....
When I got the great news about my pathalogy results that I didn't have cancer... I txed my fam and friends... they all got very very excited... and it showed... but when I told my husband.. he showed no emotion at all... didn't say anything either.... acted as if I just announced the weather or the time... he says he loves me all the time but I hate that he doesn't show emotions... he never lets me in.... I'm sorry I just had to let it out...

my family are all from a different state... and where I live I feel so alone.... he's family's here but I can't count on them for nothing....