Duggar family has their 18th child.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_on_re_us/18th_baby;_ylt=AiW5Ho6faoyCMMsP9KPv6YMDW7oF

I wonder how they afford this many children.  
Or how they can possibly spend quality time with each one!  Would you even really "know" each one if you had 18 of them??  Our house was crazy growing up with just 4 children!  
If they don't mind having that many children then that's great!  Big families can be a blessing.  I'm sure they find ways to make it work and stretch their dollar. They have to.
My GF in HS had 11 siblings, 12 kids in all, most still all home.  I asked her once if she remembered all their b-days.  She laughed hysterically at that.  No way!  She said she could usually remember the month when it came up but never the day.  BTW, her dad left the mom for a younger woman....left her with 12 kids and moved to another state!  Cant even imagine!
How did she have that many without birthing complications?  The uterus is an amazing organ.
All the kids names begin with J too.

In all the really large families Swampy knows, the kids take care of each other, so having extra children doesn't really take up much of the parent's time. On the other hand, it also means your life is shaped by contact with your brothers and sisters.
A lot of families do that: if there are older children in the house that can help with the smaller ones while mom prepares dinner or something like that, then they may be asked to help.  I think it's helpful to the parent and also teaches responsibility.  Of course, it depends on what kind of help is required of them, but I would think it's all normal stuff like feeding, brushing teeth, putting to bed. When I my brother was born and I was 11 years old, I helped my mother with him while she was busy. It was fine, but not all of the responsibility falls on the siblings.  It can't possibly.
from what Ive seen on tv which of course is edited they seem to be very organised and well mannered kids,,,,more power to them,,,I couldnt even imagine,,,knew some families with 12 kids when I was a kid and their children where wild.
I think they need to quit while they are ahead.......so far all the kids have been healthy.
I've heard that she's had several C-sections.  Doesn't that get dangerous after having more than one?
My dad comes from a family of 14, and I thought that was something.  All I can say is God Bless them, and I wish them all the best.