MedHelp Social Community
Food delights and Food horrors

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Food delights and Food horrors

well I wouldnt be thinking like this unless I was watching what I eat and doing a ton of exercise, yup  I  put on some unwanted pounds and the party season starting Nov 2nd will soon be upon us. I have s sultry, black, silky dress I cant get into ...'yell'   But hey one has to have a treat, what are your most delicious ,most fantasmic, foods, and on the other spectrum what are the worst, yuckiest, thing you ever ate ........okay I will go first, the most delicious is , this will freak you out, crispy bacon on a fresh crusty roll with pickles and brown sauce, blame that on my mom English, ah I hear you say that explains it.The yuckiest is frogs legs and snails in France......oh lordy I was dared to try them ....whoa .
My most delicious food is bread and butter pudding,English parents!!!

The worst thing I've eaten is cows tongue,gross!!!!!!!
haah Narla I can go one nearly better I forgot, my father from the North of England liked raw tripe with vinegar on it.and also black puddings .....
My father loved black pudding too,he'd fry it (everything was fried) lol
I was told black pudding is coagulated pigs blood.He's also from the north of England,Sheffield.
it is blood yes, he also ate ducks eggs, pigs trotters, brains , yuck ...well I guess its all edible  hey is it just us on the social I havent seen anyone around  .....    scary LOL have they disappeared .. Helllooooooooo..
I'm not sure,It's been quiet on here for a while.
The best thing I ever had was She Crab soup from a very nice restaurant in Wilmington, NC.  The worst thing I can ever remember is my mother's meat loaf.  It was absolutely gross.  Even the dog wouldn't eat it.
The best food I have ever had is Wild Rice soup from Bylery's.  Holy crap that stuff was good.
The worst thing I have ever eaten is Lutefisk.  It tasted like plastic and smelled like fish. Yes I am originally from MN.
you know whilst I was thinking about this, I rememebered a turtle soup that I had when I was about 12 year old in a restaurani a' foreign' country ....okay it was 25plus years ago and they may have improved it....lol but it was horrible the worst smell and taste ever I almost threw up at the table ........
ooohhhh guys you have got me remembering another nasty dish, why do they stick in our minds most ? it was called 'sweet and sour mackeral' a very nice jewish lady living in Chiswick, London invited us to eat with her , never having had a jewish meal before we said yes, it was fish and it tasted so dreadful we both kind of grimaced and just 'enjoyed'[ it ..Having said that we have had many great Jewish friends since and many super meals with them ..they are truly the most welcoming folks , I am so lucky to have met them ..
The worst thing I ever ate? I made meatloaf and had some of it. Left it on the bench during a high summer for a day. Served it up same evening for myself. Yum yum..tasty...till I realised there were itty bitty white things squirming in it. Yep! MAGGOTS!   Oh well, good protein! I am still alive after all those years! LOL!
MAGGOTS???? OH MY WORD!!!

YOU WIN hands down! That is the grossest GROSSEST!!

excuse me while I go vomit....
Oh Gosh and alive wriggling at that ...hey that beats my snails  ugh and I am eating breakfast as I read this ....oh brother I can now see maggots in my Yoghort
YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
An Aussie summer will do that every time  LOL
My favorite is home baked bread .It is such a comfort food and makes the house smell so good .I keep a sourdough starter and have been baking some .The worst i guess would be rattlesnake .It was so bony and nasty and I am scared of snakes so it kinda choked me .Ugghh
oooohhhh yeeee   warm bread, butter, and a slice of chedder cheesewith some crunchy pickles ,...whoa ...another nasty.too.hard brussel sprouts.and boiled parsnips .now roasted parsnips are another thing altogether they go into the delicious catagory ...