MedHelp Social Community
Green cleaning products

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Green cleaning products

I was wondering if anyone has switched from traditional cleaning products to more green/organic products. I use Method for dish soap and hand soap, but haven't switched my cleaning products from Comet, Clorox, and Lysol. If you've switched to green products, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Are they as effective as the traditional products?
Good for you!
In general, I have avoided using anything containing bleach for the past 25 years except once when we all came down with the Norovirus. Bleach is such a killer for the environment.

I also tried to switch to diluted vinegar for windows, laundry and all but  dislike the smell. I have tried most Greenworks products, am very happy with the dishwasher detergent but am still undecided about the rest. I hate to admit it but my choices are driven by smell. Anything lemon I`d go for...

In the meantime I am cleaning windows with soapy water and a squeegee, use Ivory Snow (baby) laundry detergent, Borax for carpet cleaning, avoid air fresheners, dryer sheets and as mentioned any bleach.
For skin and hair care I have switched to using all natural Argan Oil. I just hope they don`t run out of those trees in Marocco anytime soon that indirectly provide the oil.

I also do not idle my car - but that`s not what you were asking, I know...