MedHelp Social Community
Have you ever met anyone famous ?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Have you ever met anyone famous ?

I met all the guys in Journey, Steve Perry, Neil Shaun , cant remember the others names now i was 16 Im 46 now, I do remember Steves girlfriend Sherry ( the song Oh Sherry) she was really nice.

I have meet a few
1) Peyton Manning
2) Casey Mears
3) Denny Hamlin both before he got famous and after and he remembered who I was.
4) Gravedigger
Thats just a few
I met President Clinton, Vice President Gore when they were running for office because I was on a large counties election team. I've meet others but none as impressive as that team.  Lot's of Chgo baseball stars...does that count??
Tuck yes baseball stars count

Veyda lots a guys are gonna be jealous of you!!! I liked Anna , rest her soul
We camped next to Steppenwolf at the Lazy J campground in the Black Hills years and years ago.......

Chuck Foreman #44....The best Vikings player of all time!!!!!
Brett Favre. He was in a grocery store as some kind of event. I was a child then, showed him a bug jar I was going to buy. I may have asked him something about insects. He answered he likes butterflies.  I don't remember it as well as my dad remmbers it.

I'm trying to remember if I met anyone else really famous.
Tiger Woods

Thats it for me! lol
Vince Carter
Philip Rivers while he played at N.C.State
Julius Peppers He used to live down the road from us about 10 miles
spent the evening with kris kristofferson...hhhuuummmmm
Met the musician Philip Glass and the writer Allen Ginsberg in 1991. Spoke to the jazz musician Marion Brown by phone (put that in a poem in the journal entry). Used to write letters a while back just to get responses and heard from a variety of people from Oliver Sacks to the sci fi writer Piers Anthony. And more recently, serious letters about my recovery got responses from the psychiatrist E. Fuller Torrey among others. I've been within speaking distance of Bjork and the lead singer of Sonic Youth at concerts but its uncool to approach famous people who are in the audience. Anyone who has been to a rock concert and gotten to speak to the musicians performing in person, all I can say is consider yourself lucky.
Allen Ginsberg was cool. He was a down to earth kind of guy although its hard to believe. People who met him told me he'd give the time of day to anyone. I showed him a poem of mine and he provided a few corrections on it. It was at a deli near the performance space and I was eating a cornbeef sandwhich. I still have the poem and it has mustard stains on it from the sandwhich so its like a seal of authenticity lol.
Walter Mathieu, passed on now, Jeff Bridges and his wife, Jean Simmonds, Anthony Hopkins , I was out hiking in Topanga Canyon and we passed each other he ,gave me e a long look, then said Hi , (does a hi count?) Faye Dunnaway, Warren Beatty , yes he does love the Gals, but he is happily married .Costume designer Molly Mc Guiness did the clothes on "As good as it gets , Sister act,Town and Country,  many others ,: I worked for her, Lot of Fun I keep in touch and I miss them a lot and the Holly wood life .
Met Jimmy Buffett..was at one of his shows at a outdoor venue and it was a bad thunder and lightning storm so they cleared the palce except for under the palvillion and we were standing there and Jimmy came out on stage and a group of us were close to the stage and he came down and talked to us for about half and hour.. and not one person ask him for an auotgraph we just talked to him like he was and everyday buddy was rel neat
I met Joey Molland of Badfinger backstage after a concert.  Weather was really bad with snow and he offered me a lift home  in his limo.  Like a typical *******, I did not accept.  I DID get his autograph though.
Swampy met Ricardo Montalban (Swampy's high school was used for a Fantasy Island episode).

They also filmed an episode of Knot's Landing there, but Swampy didn't meet any of those folks (they were less approachable than the Fantasy Island crew).
When I was around 12 years old I met Yvonne De Carlo who played Lily on the Munsters.  My Dad's friend owned a rent a car place and we ran into her there.  

I met Hulk Hogan and his family (in happier times) in an elevator in a hotel in Orlando.

I went to school (elementary and high school) with Paul Pogue who went on to be a TV producer and who has been on a couple of Canadian reality shows.

Did get asked out when I was 24 by Darryl Sittler's (the hockey player) younger brother.  He thought he was so important having a famous bro.
Mario Lemieux - he helped me find an ATM (he is a FINE looking man) and Bryan Trottier at †he Aboriginal Achievement Awards - we talked about fishing and ate an entire plate of cheese and crackers. Couldn't believe I was taller than him.

Mel Torme and William Shatner at the airport.

Still waiting for Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise and Leonardo (not DaVinci)

Margy.
What was A. Hopkins like? he always play the eeries roles.

Veyda===Oh yeah know the pro skaters got two skater kids 15 and 17 the 17 yo is very very good plus we have all the Tony Hawks x-box games. he acts like a idiot on his reality show is he that way is person???
I met Joe Biden V P elect, and drove him from Philly to Delaware.

Patti Labelle,  Bill Cosby,  Basketball great   Kareem Abdul-Jabbar  Sly Stallone

Thats only a few of the many Celebs and rich and famous that I drove somewhere for one reason or another........
Intersting gator...do you drive limo??? who was the best tipper??
You asked about Anthony Hopkins, well it was a very brief encounter , I got the feeling it could have been more, he was my kind of man, mysterious....long looks,I like that eerieness in him, he has said,on record, that he is very like the roles he plays, (not a murderer) but he said he would have maybe ended up in Prison if he hadnt gone into movies, he has a darkness,in his character. Someone mentioned Jeff Bridges, lovfely man, Family man , walk in his door and he offers you a glass of wine, great wife , I was next door to him in Santa Monica when we had the big earth quake away back, (date eludes me ) they had a Gas leak after the quake hit , and his house was cordonned off he grabbed his Family and headed off to his Ranch in Montana, didnt see him again although I hear he bought back again later,that quake freaked every one out .Oh goodness guys didnt mean to do a Looong one I could tell you a few good tales maybe another time...........
Wow gator,  Sly Stallone, I hear he is a nice guy , gentler than he seems , lonewolf I love William Shatner he is so amusing is he like that when hes not on TV
Paul O'Neill (Yankee) at the Westchester Mall about 9 years ago....what a nice guy!
I havent.  

But, my ex sister in law knew everyone and their brother.

She use to date Steven Tyler's personal body guard..........she was like super close to Marilyn Manson...she  went to a new years even party at Ashley Judd's House one year.  She also dated the lighting rigger guy who did tons of shows...so she met nync, britney spears ( this was years ago....she was telling me how she saw britney doing blow in the bathroom...course, back then i thought NO WAY NOT BRITNEY SHE MAY NOT BE THAT INNOCENT lol  BUT NOT COKE!!!  Now, i see. )  

I dont know she knew everyone. It was crazy. She dated this dude who did the lighting for T.S.O.  Lots and lots.

Aaron Tippon (you might not remember him.....)
Clint Black
Lucas Black (Slingblade, 2 Fast 2 Furious, etc.) - he is from here... he is around all of the time.
John Stallworth (football - he is wonderfully intelligent and normal)
Hank Williams Jr (he used to live here, too)
Spice Girls, backstage at concert
Run DMC, backstage at concert
Junkhouse, backstage at concert
Metallica, backstage at concert
Red Green (aka Steve Smith),went to school with his kids
Tye Domi, drinking at the same bar
Will Smith, came into my store to look for electronics
Played poker with Ben Affleck in Winnipeg Casino,
Robin Williams, Sold him memory stick for his camera
Vince Neil came into my store to look for electronics
All of the Sthaal brothers, clients of my firm
love Hank williams jr.....seen his Dad in concert, who tried to pick up my girlfriend till she stood up and he seen she was 8 months pg...we had front row seats.
I met the two guys from Flight of the Conchords. Jemaine was a bit shy and I adore Bret.
in got to shake hands with the members of ZZ Top in a blues club in Austin Tx, and the late great Stevie Ray Vaughn..same club does that count
I meet Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, and Roselyn Sanchez at the 2004 Orange Bowl.

My brother builds coaches (tour buses) and has met TONS of people. He spent an entire day with Keith Urban, Will Smith, Kid Rock, just to name a few! He has met tons of famous people and built coaches for them and their tours.
I've met:

Lorenzo Lamas (back in the 80s - what a hottie!)
Marie Osmond (also back in the 80s - she is sooooo beautiful)
Les Nesman (from WKRP in CIncinatti)
Mike Douglas (from the Mike Douglas talkshow) at a NJ animal safari (a long time ago)

That's it for me!
I didn't actually meet Hulk Hogan, but one time he was in Salt Lake City (back in 1980 something) and I was at a stop light and he was in a limo.  He rolled down the limo window and stuck his tongue out real far and then whistled at me - (it seemed he was drunk).  I was actually embarrassed and ignored him!  LOL!!!1
My uncle sang on stage with the Temptations in Atlantic City.   He was known as Charlie Tuna on the radio in Philadelphia.  He also ended up on stage and sang with Barbara Mandrell.  We have a video of it - it was hilarious!
I've met a couple of Nobel Prize winning scientists.  Alan Graham McDiarmid (now deceased) and Walter Kohn.
thats really neat..what did they win prizes for ??

Utah Im from Mowtown i love the Temptations saw them a few times.
Both were in chemistry.  

McDiarmid, who passed away in 2007 at age 79 (and was still working on proposals and new science right up until that time!) won the prize in 2000, shared with other researchers, for discovering polymers that could conduct electricity.

Kohn, who is still alive (born in 1923) is a physics professor at USCB.  He developed fundamentals of density functional theory, a quantum mechanical electronic structure method used in chemistry and physics.
My uncle became friends with the guys from the Temptations.  He spent a lot of time in Atlantic City (received a lot of VIP treatment) and so that's how he got to know them.  He sang with them several times.  The video with Barbara Mandrell is great - we lost my uncle to a hit and run driver in Port St. Lucie, Florida several years ago, and it's nice having that video.  We also have pictures of him singing with the Temptations.  They were an awesome group!!!
Oh, and Vince Gill sang at my dad's uncle's funeral! They were great friends.
Had pictures taken with with actresses from All My Children....Seen Run (DMC) this summer in Point Pleasant....My husband has done some jobs for sports people in PA...
I was an extra in a movie with Natasha Richardson years  and years ago.  It was called The Handmaids Tale, and my big scene was handing her a cup of water.

The scene was cut.   I'm in the movie for about 1 second, right at the start.  
wow Peek thats big...have you done any other acting?
Nope.  I happened to be at a mall when they were doing a search for extras, and I thought it sounded like fun.  

It took 3 days of being there all day, sitting around doing absolutely nothing, and being paid about $12/day for that 1 second of being in the movie.  NOT worth it.