MedHelp Social Community
Home Remidies

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Home Remidies

we are all trying to save a buck was wondering what home remidies you all may use, i only know a few I will list the one I think works best

1. for a beesting,,remove stinger make a thick paste of baking soda and h20, apply to stung area , it reduces swelling and take s the pain away.
for a bad cold and feeling aching...hot toddie..hot tea a little bourben and some honey,,dad use to give this to me and my brothers when we would get sick when we were kids
Rub aloe gel on a burn

Chicken soup for a cold

Develop a love of vicks vap o rub

A spoonful of honey for a sore throat and cough

Put ice on a headache

Breath in hot vapours for headaches and stuffy noses

Probiotic yogurt to keep your bowels in good shape

Chewing gum in hair:  Remove with peanut butter!

C~
CCN is that for real??smooth or crunchy LOL Oh Im sorry it sounds so funny!
I also heard that for chewing gum removal on clothes,put in a plastic bag and leave for a bit and the gum goes hard and comes off.

JM I've always wondered what a hot toddie was.
I thought it was a sexy bloke named toddie~~~~~~~~~~~~
Either drink cranberry juice or take cranberry pills to alleviate the symptoms of a urine infection.  Just until you can get to a doctor.

Pure mayonnaise from the jar for your hair to moisturize it.
Apple cider vinegar and Aloe vera Gel, for any skin conditions ,wont cure but darn well soothes.
strong tea for sunburn - brew tea and let it cool then make compresses with towels soaked in the tea

or pour a couple of pots of strong tea into a tub of lukewarm water and soak in it
earache use sweet oil      old timers say pee in a cup and drop a few drops of urine in each ear nasty but it must work!!!!!!!!

Bee sting use an onion it works trust me
oh lordy alien I cant envisualise the peeing and putting  on each ear but I may try it if I get desperate I will file it under : desperation remedies"have to ask you does it work for anything else?
Mayonaise on your hair for dryness
Not sure lol
Who would put mayonaise in there hair yuk???
Boil acorns in water until thickens,use hot as able to put on poison oak and ivy. It works.
Mayonnaise in the hair will also help relax a bad perm - a friend of mine learned this the hard way!
Gargle with warm salt water for sore throat.

Betadine soak for cuts and bacteria.

Monistat for yeast on body as well as yeast infections.

Betadine self mix Dou__e (feminine product) 10 days for bacterial infections.

Hydrogen peroxide to bring out infection in boils.

Hypo Allergic baby wipes to help prevent feminine bacterial infections.

Sensitive skin feminine deodorant to keep cracks of legs and surrounding area from sweat, helping to prevent rashes.

Corn Starch instead of baby powder for wetness.
Here's a few"  

To keep children from getting a cold--put a piece of asfidity in litle pouch and pin to inside of shirt. Really works. Ones with a cold or anyone else will not get close enough for you to get anything. Ugh the smell!

Moisten wad if tobacco to make a paste and put on bee sting--helps with the pain

While driving and neck gets spasms--I put a cold diet coke against the neck and press back on seat.

Yes mayonnaise helps dry hair . Saturat hair with mayo and wrap in hot towel- can't remember how lon. Remove towel and rinse well with warm water. Works. But I smelled like I should pale a piece of cheese and hame topped off with a slice of bread and I would have a ham/chesse sand. But hair was not dry.