MedHelp Social Community
How often do you (Women only) shave your legs?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

My wife and I recently had the conversation, again, about how often should women shave their legs. She said it is a pain to do and unless she is going to wear something that shows her legs in public she hates to do it. So here is my poll for all you ladies, guys unless you are shaving you wife’s legs I do not want to know your answer (ps. I asked this on a different forum so no peeking until you answer)
41%
 (22) 
more than once a week
26%
 (14) 
once a week
20%
 (11) 
lucky if twice a month
11%
 (6) 
when it is long enough to braid
53 Members voted
lol im lucky my leg and arm hair is blonde so you cant even see it when its long unless your right up close and personal.... yea shaving is a pain, so i shave when i need to, when i wear short things or it just gets way too long......lol.....
I only do it once a week, sometimes a bit longer, depending on what I will be wearing.  It is a pain but the worse thing is that I get awfully itchy for a couple of days as the hair starts to grow back in.  
Okay, well I gave my answer considering the majority of the time I'm NOT pregnant, lol. Then I try to keep up with it every 7-12 days.
However, now that I'm pregnant and my ever expanding belly is getting in the way of bending over to reach anything lower than past the point of my hips, I've only been keeping up with shaving my legs about twice a month.
*Although*...
I have noticed that, while the hair on my head is growing faster (yay for prenatal vitamins), my leg hair growth has become almost non-existant. Don't know what's the deal with that, but I'm cool with it!
My OCD in that dept causes me to shave everyday.......I may check out the prenatal vitamins!!!
I do it like every other day or every 2 days.  I feel uncomfortable with hairy legs.  Although, I hate doing it, it's a pain in the a$$ and it takes me a lot longer in the shower.  But I feel less sexy if I let my hair grow.
I too shave every other day to two days. I don't want my BF touching hairy legs, lol..
I shave atleast once a week since I am only allowed to wear slacks or pants at work. In the summer I will shave more often since I will go home and wear shorts.

Now that the cooler weather is coming and hubby is in another state working I will probably only shave once a week to once every two weeks since it is such a pain in the a$$.
My hair is so light in color I only have to do it like once a week. But honestly sometimes I go a bit longer like twice a month because it doesn't grow that fast. Same goes for my eyebrows. I pluck them like twice a month too. The only place hair does grow, is the peachfuzz on my face!!!! Thats a waxing of oce a week.
During Spring and Summer, on average, I shave every couple of days.  
During winter, about once a week.  

My hair grows fast!  I swear, I do get that 5 o'clock shadow after a morning shave (on my legs that is)! : D
I do it every other day since my hair is extremely dark and grows fast... I wear skirts a lot at my school... uniforms... I can never find pants my size. =/
I shave my legs twice a week! sometimes once but thats the max! i also have dark hairs so its obvious if it i dont! I dont really consider it a pain cus a pain to me is when my hairs start growing in so much that my pants legs scratch or rub it OUCH! thats just hurts so i would rather shave it off!! This also applies if i shave too often so thats why just 1 or 2 times a week!
Now if we are talking other hair underarms a must every single time i shower! Thats just too nasty to me!  girls are not supposed to have hair there and mine grows pretty fast!! EEWW!!
LMAO!!!  We need another choice in the poll......like "other"!!!  That would've been my pick, because  during summer or when I have a man in my life I shave the legs once a week.  When single and during the winter, every other week or so.  Us, women need a break from shaving the legs once in a while....esp. if you're like me and ya wind up chopping your legs up every time you shave.  LOL

VERY interesting poll!!!!  =)
How old are your blades???????
LOL Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!  Actually, I try to be a good girl and throw the blade out after 4 times.....but I sometimes forget.  Would that explain the chopped up legs w/ scars??  =)  
HAHAHAHHAH oh lmao on this ok every honest woman will admit we all shave often in summer and spring but come winter the shave per weeks decrease cause our legs dont show !  

i shave every other day if not every
i cant have my legs all spikey
and it irritates the hell out of me when my hairs growing back because my legs itch sooo bad i have to shave other wise id tear my legs up from scratching
I usually only either shave my legs when I wear shorts, have gym, or just get tired of hairy legs. Tehe :)
I hate the cricket look....if I rub my legs together I am sure I would sound like a cricket on a hot summers evening! Having said that, I don't bother in the winter time. Summer though and I get those hirsute legs right into smooth babies butts quick smart! I would probably then every few days just run the shaver over the said hairy bits just to top off the prickly bits.
I am old, fat and have joint and mobility issues, so I shave when it doesn't hurt too bad.  Luckily I have an understanding hubby, lol.
I've gotten very lazy about it, as with so many things lately...????
I even bought an electric that you can use in the tub?  Hate it...back to the blades for me.... : )
I had answered once a week. However, it all depends. It depends how fast the leg hair grows. I usually let stubble go, but if it gets worse, I shave. Sometimes I just shave once a week when I have gym at school.
When I cant sleep cuz the they are prickling each other! Every couple days usually.
I really dont mind shaving the legs. Its the HMM HMM area that is a pain in the but, so only every 10 days ish. I usually shave the pits ever day or two just cuz I hate if I dont realize it and am wearing something showing them. Legs are about 3 or 4 days. No longer than that!
just when i feel like it!!