MedHelp Social Community
Is this a typical reaction?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Is this a typical reaction?

I asked in the cold and flu community about experiencing symptoms of an upper respiratory infection after getting the nasal flu shot (regular shot, not swine flu) about 4 days ago. But to be honest, I'm looking for a more immediate answer than having to wait 4 more days or longer.

I was kept awake last night and the night before by a plugged up nose and feeling really crummy in general. Is this typical after getting one of those nasal flu shots? How much longer  will this take? Or did I just happen to be unlucky and pick up a virus at the Dr's office?

Also I am in great need of finding ways to clear up a plugged nose without nasal spray. I had to go without it last night. This morning I used some, but really if this is going to turn out as long as I normally get a cold, I probably shouldn't be using this for a while week or so. I can use tips on stopping drainage.
Also anything that can greatly reduce the hand to nose motion in general is very welcome.
Its not clear how common it is, but among side effects, its the most common. It should go away in a few days.
Thanks. Hoping that this is just a reaction and not the real cold virus, that leads me to my next concern. I was participating in a volunteer activity involving a bunch of children. I hope whatever is bothering me isn't contagious.

I was wearing two layers of gloves and being outside I managed to avoid much of the hand to nose/sleeve to nose action. Just hoping everything is okay. I don't want to make any sick babies/kids. It could also be part allergies. There's a certain plant mild I am rather allergic to, but I don't remember what it is and when it peaks. I just know my nose flared up when in our backyard worse than anywhere else.