MedHelp Social Community
Is this a typical reaction?
About This Community:

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this a typical reaction?

I asked in the cold and flu community about experiencing symptoms of an upper respiratory infection after getting the nasal flu shot (regular shot, not swine flu) about 4 days ago. But to be honest, I'm looking for a more immediate answer than having to wait 4 more days or longer.

I was kept awake last night and the night before by a plugged up nose and feeling really crummy in general. Is this typical after getting one of those nasal flu shots? How much longer  will this take? Or did I just happen to be unlucky and pick up a virus at the Dr's office?

Also I am in great need of finding ways to clear up a plugged nose without nasal spray. I had to go without it last night. This morning I used some, but really if this is going to turn out as long as I normally get a cold, I probably shouldn't be using this for a while week or so. I can use tips on stopping drainage.