MedHelp Social Community
Jon & Kate - What's up with that?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Jon & Kate - What's up with that?

Ok - we know it's a disfunctional family - but DARN IT - I can't quit watching it and yes, have been seen reading the tabloids in line at Wal-Mart....but my husband are going back and forth on the issue of Jon seeing someone else - Kate being mean - etc.  

What's your take on this whole Jon & Kate issue???
3%
 (1) 
I believe that Jon did cheat and I am ok with that!
25%
 (7) 
I believe that Jon did cheat and he shouldn't have - even if Kate is mean as H*ll!
11%
 (3) 
I don't believe that Jon actually cheated on Kate.
0%
 (0) 
I believe that Kate is cheating with her bodyguard.
7%
 (2) 
I believe that Kate is the meanest woman alive and should be embarrassed of herself.
18%
 (5) 
I believe that Kate is doing the very best she can - she has 8 kids for crying out loud!
18%
 (5) 
Kate needs a new hairdresser.
14%
 (4) 
Jon should hook up with the Octomom!
27 Members voted
Tags: Gosselin, Jon & Kate, tlc, infidelity, marriage, sextuplets
I watched the show once and I couldn't stand it. Kate just doesn't seem like a warm & fuzzy person to me. And then when she was in an interview with her husband (after the scandals), she kept saying how their show would continue.... despite the fact that Jon obviously didn't want to.

I think they both cheated on each other and should get counseling. If counseling fails, they need a divorce.
How many can i vote on? LOL! srry but theres so many! I do think they both cheated i do think they are both wrong I do think they need counseling i do think Kate is huge pain in the A$$ and i dont like her and i think Jon is the whatever I dont care type of guy! and most of all I think the family is right the cameras need to be shut off so these poor kids can live their lives without all the drama!!
I dont like cheaters, they need to grow a tail bone be honest and file for divorce if they are that un happy and my gut tells me he did cheat they should consider stopping the show and being a normal family and YES Kate seems mega contolling notice how often he rolls his eyes at her,,,more honest communication is conveyed in body language than words,.hes not to in love,,,it shows
I think they keep saying, "I am here for the kids"....WELL, if they are here for the kids - stop the show!  If not, admit they are there for the money.  

My opinion is that they both cheated - he is having a mid-life crisis - and she is in love with herself.

TLC is doing a bad thing if they don't let them out of the contract.  
Has anyone ever thought maybe this is a big hoax just to grab more viewers? Not the fighting and the unhappiness but maybe the whole affair scandal is.

I do think that the show needs to go off the air no matter how much I enjoy watching it so that these poor kids have a chance to succeed in life without their dirty laundry being aired all over the t.v.

How would you feel to be raised up on national t.v. like that and then one day go to school and have other kids asking all sorts of questions about your home life?
"Has anyone ever thought maybe this is a big hoax just to grab more viewers?"

Not after watching an interview with both Jon and Kate together. Body language reveals all !!!!
I keep trying to catch it on with the new episodes or sense all of the rumors came out but I don't ever get to watch what I want on week nights. If you say body language says it all then maybe it isn't one.
I've never watched this show, but I saw bits and pieces of one episode while the TV was on at someone's house.
I really don't care about what's going on with these two, or why they get the attention they do. So they have 8 kids and marital problems. Why the heck is this family glamorized so much?
From what I gather, no one likes those two and feel sorry for the kids, etc, etc, but yet they continue to drool over the latest episodes, news interviews, and tabloids. I don't know anything about these people except a husband and wife whose names are Jon and Kate and they have 8 kids, a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. I only know that from what I've overheard people talking about and I haven't once voluntarily sought out information on these people.
My personal opinion about it all is that these people (the parents and the producers, etc) are greedy and using the children to make a fortune, and Kate's hair style is the stupidest, ugliest thing I've ever seen.
I hope this facade of a show and disgusting exploitation of innocent children is ended soon. I'm sick of hearing about it.
Who are Jon and Kate?  Any relation to Al Bundy and his family?

I voted for "Kate needs a new hairdresser"! My 4 yr old daughter can fix her own hair better than Kate..LOL!

Seriously though..I haven't seen the show and after hearing about the scandal ALL OVER the place...I have no desire to see it. So they have 8 kids...so what! I have 4 kids, a husband, a full time job, a part time job, a dog, 2 cats and a fish! Where's MY T.V. show! :)
I have thought the same thing about it being a ratings hoax.  If it is - it's working!  I have watched the show off and on for years - not really sure why because it's not really all of that interesting, but the little devil in me (like so many others) is interested in the drama, I suppose.

What's sad is that Kate seems to LOVE the "fame" she has received - gripes about receiving it - and goes after more and more.  I think Jon is a weak-willed man that should have the cahonas to say - ENOUGH!  I think it's a cowardly thing on EITHER part to just screw around rather than face the reality of their reality show - their life is destroyed.  It's sad, too, that their kids are the ones that will have to deal with the re-runs and episodes and Googling in the future.  (You just know those twin girls have figured out Google by now!!).   All of that money they have made is going to have to go to pay for 8 therapists for the kids!  

It's bizarre....and yet, I keep watching....  like so many others - so TLC will keep airing it until they stop it themselves.  Greed ......

You know what might be cute?  What if Kate gets that hangy down hair thing and put it in a pony tail on top of her hair!?  That might be attractive!!!
She needs to do something with that hair. The color is wrong two she looks like a zebra. I watched it last night and I don't condone cheating at all but I can see where he is missing things in their marriage and looking outside the marriage for it. She was at a spa with one of the twins while he is at home with 7 children by himself. I would go insane. She is always away from the house.  

They played a couple of reruns before the new show and it showed him moving furniture and kids around so the carpet people could lay carpet and then have to move it back by himself. Then when he was saying how great the kids did and how great the carpet guy did and how he was glad it was over she was like who else did good??? Well personally I think she doesn't deserve recognition for anything. I didn't see her do anything to help with the carpet installation.
Yeah, she's rough.  I don't know many people would put up with the constant put-downs like he has and not just go bezerk.  I have seen a few shows where he yelled at her and one where he actually told her not now - in the house.  

This lady I used to go to church with used to belittle her husband in front of people and apparently she was impressed with herself and thought it was "cute" or that she was so neglected and unappreciated.  She was unappreciated alright - her husband (who was a kind, pleasant, docile man) found someone that didn't yell at him - didn't tell him he was stupid - and appreciated HIM.  They got divorced (the lady and the husband) - he married the new woman and they have been married now for 10+ years.  The meany lady - yep, she's still single and still the victim, but he's happy and she's not.  

Like you said, I don't approve of cheating either, but sometimes situations create themselves that you would never NORMALLY, go into.  He (Jon) looks beat down most of the time and truly, I think that if it weren't for the 8 kids, he would have been out of there a long time ago.  

The only hope they have is to quit the show, go to counseling, and be more committed to each other than the money.
I completely agree with you!  

Could you imagine the child support he would be required to pay and you know she will make dang sure he pays it as well!?!?
Who knows!  She is the one "working" - maybe SHE will pay HIM alimony and child support since he is the one taking care of the kids while she "works".....  

I hope they work it out if it's possible.  I thinks she's ready for the new and improved hubby to match her new and improved body/appearance.  
I cant imagine they need to work with the money from the show. I read in people magazine yesterday they get 3 mil a year from that, and I believe Kate has a book out too, they will likely get divorced and make money off that somehow too,
I agree with them not needing to work but I read in one of the magazines standing in the grocery store isle that he wants to work and she doesn't want him to because then she wouldn't be able to travel and do her book interviews and getting ratings for the show.

I also read that they were both seeking high powered attorney's and that the divorce will be a defianit thing.
Jon & Kate seemed like a nice all American couple at first. I think they were, but the money started to control them. They have enough money to quit the show and live well. I doubt they will though. It seems to have become an addiction for Kate. In the end I believe she will have serious regrets. Unfortunally, you can't turn back time. I hope she realizes this for the sake of her children.
this is gonna be interesting !!! dirt on both of them that we never imagined will come out, lets hope they have a bit of dignity and remeber their childrens best intersest should come first.
Have you ever wondered though if it isn't staged for the ratings? Because I read some where that people had lost interest in the show. I would hope they wouldn't sink that low. If so, they are setting no standards for their children.
I have thought the same thing - but that emotion on their faces is hard to master for "normal" folks.  I guess they could be really good actors!  

It kills me that they are #1) leaving it up to the kids if they continue (Jon says if the kids say they don't want to do it they will quit)....HELLO, they are kids and you are an adult!  Make a GROWN UP decision to quit the whole mess; #2) if they are so committed to the family and have so much money now and are such "devout Christians", why don't they see what greed has done to the family and STOP IT !

It's really rediculous.  Just imagine when they are in the grocery store and see all of the tabloids, or when the oldest ones get on the computer and Google.  You KNOW those kids have been teased at school.  Kids are cruel.  

I think they should both "man up" and deal with the issues by handling the issues privately and by stopping the show....of course, we wouldn't have this facination with their issues, huh?!

Like you, I think it would be hard for them to act that well. I don't buy it that the kids haven't been bothered by this either. Kate can't seem to see what is going on. She keeps saying they need the money to raise the children right. Their education is what concerns her the most, according to her anyway. Until she realizes that the money isn't worth it the children will suffer. I don't watch the show and I haven't heard their name in the news lately. A positive sign? I hope so.
heres a thought lets boycott the show,,,so those poor kids can stop being exploited and have a normal life..spread the word
DIVORCE  seen the show last night,,poor Jon finally has a spine,,Kate insists she will see all the children every holiday,,wow like thats a 'selfish" suprise,,hummm
Fortunately, I have never watched it. The previews even turn me off. Probably just a ploy to get more viewers.
Ok i dont have cable so i havent been watching nor do i really want to even though i could just walk next door to my in laws and watch it but anyways i just googled it and ALL they are talking about is how the show must go on!! OMG! Are they serious? Is that all they care about? What about these kids? Man if thats all Kate cares about then she is one selfish greedy B**$ch thats all i gotta say!! I think the cameras need to be turned off already!!
That is the problem. Jon wants the cameras turned off and wants the fame to go away and to work for a living like he did before the show. Kate wants the fame, and wants the cameras to remain on. She says it is a way to support her kids but if they didn't buy all the expensive stuff and take all the expensive trips and eat at fancy dinners then they could support the kids with both of them working.

Like normal Americans do!!! I agree with Jon on this one turn the cameras off and the fame will go away with time, also the poporatizy (sp) will go away with the fame!
they need to turn the cameras off for the sake of the kids!! and support the kids? WHAT? thats just Kate's laziness and greediness she has a degree to work in nursing and Jon also had a great job that paid well b4 all this happened so yes i agree 2 jobs they could totally support them selves and the children!! I agree they should not be spending so much money or have a million dollar home for that matter! they could still have a decent place that didnt cost so much and they could be saving for the children to go to college or something good!!
oh yeah that part where they said Kate was upset and she took one of the twins to go to the day spa cus they needed "girl time" UUGGHH I wish i could jump up and go to the spa every time I felt down!! Geez i dunno just its irritating Kate needs to stop complaining and start doing something!!
Right there with you on that one.  I only have three kids and I can't afford to go to a day spa!  I am looking at working a 2nd job to support my kids and I can't run on vacation when things get tough.

Heck my kids swimming pool is a cattle troff (sp)!  She needs to stop whining about how hard it is going to be. She should have thought about that all the times she sat and put Jon down!
I hear that! It's only me and my DH right now no kids and i cant afford to go anywhere, shoot i only get to get my hair done once a year!! The recession is not making it easy my DH barely got a temp summer job after 6 months of no work in the family business!!
Hey - did you notice how nasty Kate's feet were?  NASTY !!!  

Did you also see today that TLC is making them take time off until August?  That's weird - maybe they are get flack.