MedHelp Social Community
McCain / Obama - Debate - Pappaw escapes from the home

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Viewing 401-473 comments:
Not surprised that their is a medical condition NOW involved I'm not surprised that you have a good excuse that other people who should do things.

But like someone once said "If you don't like what i post then don't read it"

People who have excuse for why they don't fight causes they believe in are to me, ultimately hypocritical and disgusting when they want others to die for things they won't.

The standards to join the military are the lowest EVER.  So far as the first Gulf war, what cause was their to believe in?  It was a straight forward military action that are own policies caused so we cleaned it up.
To all of you liberals....

It is amazing how you find nothing wrong with Obama's affiliations, both terrorist ones and religious/racial biased ones.

It is amazing how you do not see how "spreading the wealth" isn't socialism

It is amazing how you do not see that his trillion dollar plans aren't going to trickle down to the middle class.

It is amazing that you do not see that he is going to ruin the best (though still imperfect) health system in the world.

It is a SHAME that I have to suffer with Obama as president for 4 years because of the ignorance of all the "Obama Mania" out there.

The first 6 months of Obama as president is going to be very very scary for our country.  Let's see how happy all of you are when we get more terrorist threats, have people like Al Sharpton shaping America's society and Bill Ayers destroying it even more.

You are all fooled....and you are going to drag ALL of us down with you.

May God help us all.
If Obama is a Socialist then McCain is a Fascist.  Same comparison.  Both ignorant statements.  You're repeating the ignorant talking points of people who are all about invoking fear.  And you (as well as others) sound very fearful so it's obviously worked.

“Fear always springs from ignorance.”  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trickle down theory doesn't work.  Didn't work in the 1890's as the "horse and sparrow theory" either.
It's not all or nothing--totally one way or another.  Some government regulation is needed to prevent having to bail out people who became billionaires by doing awful things.
If we don't have government regulation, we'd end up with monopolies and a two class system (no middle class).

Your last post is an example of what repeating talking points gets:  baseless statements that are not supported by facts with one purpose--to invoke fear.  Again, where there is fear, there cannot be God.

I'd love to continue this pointless ping ponging, but I'm volunteering all day today--launching three canvasses for the HUGE GOTV push for my swing state that is turning BLUE!  GO OBAMA!!!
I could say the same.  I hear alot of "baseless" talk from the Obama camp as well.  It's not a phenomenon, it's an Obama-non (from SNL).  I'll be glad when this is over.
Aggie- do what you have to do....you are so blind-sighted.....by a man who stands for nothing.....

I feel the same way about the garbage that spews from your lips.

Yes, God has to help up against this cult society that is in the process of being born.  It is just a shame that I have to be a part of it.
I've posted links to credible sites verifying every claim I've made, have you?

I've also posted many links proving statements by McCain supporters here wrong.

There's something we can agree on, though--I'll be glad when this is over, too!
Thank you for your links.  I have done my own research and don't require yours.  I am not going to post links for you unless you truly require them, because I don't think you are really interested in anything but Obama-so what's the point?  Anyway, I am not trying to persuade you to change your mind.  I don't care.  I'll do what I want, you do what you want, let's each retreat to our corner of the ring, and move on.
No, I do not think that those who support Obama are "dummies"...I feel that you are just misinformed by the media and have fallen for the "Messiah-like" Obama.  His theories and plans cannot work...If you feel that the economy is bad now, what it PLUNGE when Obama gets into office.

Yes, I do hope for a "divine intervention" and that McCain can pull it off...but reality is showing things as being different.

Do you know how many people Acorn has "registered" to vote?  Done completely illegally in a partisan way?  It is not going to be correct representation of what the people truly want.

Even Hillary Clinton has said that McCain has the experience of 24 years where Obama has one speech that he made in 2002.  

Biden himself has said that the country is going to be tested because Obama is considered very weak in international affairs.

I hope that If Obama gets in, he does steer the nation towards economic growth and safety.  Of course I will support him because I am an American.....I still wonder, however, how "AMERICAN" he truly is.....After all, Michelle Obama considers America a "downright mean country"....yes....I question all of it.  And it is my freedom (for the time-being anyway) to express my thoughts.
Hey,

Guess what?  2wonderfulboys still hasn't responded to my question about why she is worrid about my wellbeing or what is meant by "don't ask don't tell".  I guess now I am supposed to be a left wing, socialist/communist, athiest, homosexual.   That's the only thing that I could think she might also be afraid of - those D*mn Homosexuals that are maybe socalists too!

Good Grief!  For the record - I have 2 children - 2 WONDERFUL boys, LOVE men (actually 1 man), and also love my best friend that is a homosexual man - who is a Republican (go figure).  

I think Teko is right  - let's don't sit on our laurels and not ENSURE that Obama is elected - everyone must go vote.  I wonder if 2W actually voted in the last election.

Angie - come on - do you think they actually know who Ralph Waldo Emerson is???  LOL

Rach
You really are sad,,,,I never called you a homo...go grasp at some more straws if it gets you through the day.. you have two kids..........oh my...........yes I did vote and you are a lost cause,, go insult someone else...you are not worth my time or thoughts...sounds like to me you really need some medical intervention...big time
So what was the "don't ask don't tell" comment about?  I am curious.  What should I not ask and not tell - the truth maybe about the lies that you are spreading out of ignorance?

Just curious - please enlighten me.  Oh - smart intelligent true American..... LMAO
Oh, and by the way - I do have medical intervention - I guess you have checked my profile and see that I am a bipolar patient, and yes, I do take medication for it.  I also go to see a therapist twice a week, and all's well.  SO, if you are truly concerned about my well being- I have a medical team and family that make sure I am ok.

The thing is - I might be "mentally ill" as you have eluded, but at least I am seeking treatment and I am in stable condition.  Perhaps you should seek the medical advice a licensed psychiatrist for your paranoid delusions.

Correction - I see my therapist every 2 weeks - and my psychiatrist every 3 months.
"Listen to the fool's reproach! It is a kingly title!"

William Blake:  Proverbs of Hell
This forum has gotten really stupid....so glad I could be the one to get most of the insults, it just shows the intelligence of some..hope I made you all feel better by relieving your frustrations, I really could care less..

not sure what the "don't ask don't tell " comment is or where it came from. probably something taken out of context (again). Some of you really have a lot in common with Obama=Osama, ( I said that to irritate some again, hope it works too). So go be an Obama-bot, follow him like he is God and you will regret it.. I pray that God is with us all, yes even the ones that disagree with each other.
So, true - this wise person should not be baited by the comments of the fool - I should take take pride in being reproached by a fool, because what the fool condemns, the wise man will praise. .  Good point.    Love me some Blake.....

I let the (apparent) insults of my illness get the better of my judgement.  

Thanks, Mike.

Racheal

I believe that the gulf that separates the two camps her isn't so much a moral or political chasm. At the root it appears an intellectual one and there's not much either camp can do about that. I just hope the electorate is has more smart people represented than...?
Mike
So true.  We pray for the same result.  

The only thing that worries me is that when people do go in and pull the lever - will they vote with intelligence or fear/ignorance?

I'm not taking anything for granted. I will worry until the results are in. It's an unbelievable race all the way around. I am a firm supporter of McCain and though I do not think he would be good for the country I think we'd survive his presidency. I get the impression that many McCain supporters aren't as sure we'll survive an Obama presidency and that does concern me. We'll know soon and I am eager for this election to be finished.
Mike  
Me, too.  I would be more inclined to be a McCain supporter (typically not a Democrat here), but the Palin choice - I just can't wrap my arms around that choice.

My boss is a HUGE Republican - wouldn't think of voting any other way - and he falls into the $250K plus category for small businesses.  He is terrified of the Obama policies - I on the otherhand think he would be very good for my family and me - IF he can get the things that I have seen passed through Congress.

My fear is that we will have 4 + of the same, and even though, it's not all Bush's fault - the reality that more of the same, would negatively impact our country even more, in my opinion.

Who knows - it's a guessing game either way.  We will just have to wait and see.  

In any event, it's over tomorrow - hopefully, unless it's contested ......let's hope not!  What a mess that would be with the emotions of the election this time - can you imagine?  GOOD GRIEF!
All I can say is that TIME WILL TELL...it will tell all.....it is just 24 hours away.

Yes, this debate has gotten dirty....just as dirty as the candidates themselves.  However, many have crossed the line....Cowgirl...you are number one on the list and tied with KiddtheKat....just complete ignorance and insults.

Aggie and Mike....you have both kept your debates very civil...thank you for that.

2wonderfulboys----we are both being treated like Elizabeth Hassleback on the the view...the beacon of truth being surrounded with loud mouths like Joy Baer (I think that is her name).

Let's have the polls decide....

I would also like to say to most...I hope this debate hasn't created too many hard feelings.  We are Americans and need to stick together and hope for the best for the future of our country.  I truly hope we can set aside our differences and still be able to share posts on different threads amicably.

Suzi
Hey Kidd!  We are the winners!  I tell you what - since I am number one tied with you - I will be gracious and agree to be the Vice President of the Department of Ignorance and Insults.  I will be glad to be the VP and you be the President.

Agie - LMAO - now you are civil!  HEE HEE -  I will bet - you know who - wasn't consulted on that one.  Don't worry you can be our Secretary of State.

AND, did you notice in previous posts that Mike is a Republican - so yes, by all means, Mike thanks for being civil and most importantly human and intelligent.  He is a true gentleman and VERY VERY intelligent.  I respect him for posting correct and factual information.

Sorry, Teko, allaboutmary, SeriousSam and the other evil Democrats- you didn't get mentioned, but would love to have you on our cabinet seats.  

LMAO!!!

Rach

Your comments just prove who you are....what a shame.
Sidney Madwed:
Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about eventually will manifest in our lives.

Mike and Cowgirl:
   It has been a pleasure to be a part of this thread with the two of you. Very enlightening and enjoyable. But to be very honest with you, I will be happy when the election is over, it's difficult to carry on each day when so ignorant.  But you see, the cult that I was raised in allowed ignorant people only.

suzi-q:
   Elizabeth Hasselback is a mouthy blond who thinks her chit don't stink and deserves her treatment because like some on here, she feels that her opinion is the only one that counts. Before my husband and I decided that it was time for a change, yes a change, the thought of another 4 years with an administration that has literally stripped us of more than jobs. In the 8 years that Bubba W. has been in the white house, has been 8 years of really making the USA look like Cartoonville. Leaders in foreign countries don't respect him, they don't trust him and if truth be known they don't like him anymore than I do.
    We were uptight republicans, ugh!! I never realized how horrible I probably sounded until I heard the garbage coming from someone else. I don't think I've been called ignorant so many times in so few days.

2wonderfulboys;

Are you and suzi-q really twins and just trying to throw us off?

We'll see how things go tomorrow, and then we'll go from there.

Angel                                                                      OBAMA08

You people are ignorant, this is the dumbest forum and I am ashamed to have been apart of it....it seems if we aren't dem's then we are wrong. The person that started this stupid thing should have titled it "for dem's only" then you could have had so much fun bashing the republicans.. you have shown that most of you have a small IQ and are scared to death that you could possibly be wrong...oh well, I am done, I have no more time to associate with some of you, I think most of you just like to read what you wrote and it makes you feel better about yourself, well have fun and I don't really care what you say about me , glad I could make you feel better about yourselves :)
I must be the stupidest poster here. I said above I was a McCain supporter and I meant to say "I am an Obama supporter". I guess I am on the wrong side of the intellectual chasm after all.
Mike
Yes I heard. Mike
Twas the night before election
And all through the town
Tempers were flaring
Emotions all up and down!

I, in my bathrobe
With a cat in my lap
Had cut off the TV
Tired of political ****.

When all of a sudden
There arose such a noise
I peered out of my window
Saw Obama and his boys

They had come for my wallet
They wanted my pay
To give to the others
Who had not worked a day!

He snatched up my money
And quick as a wink
Jumped back on his bandwagon
As I gagged from the stink

He then rallied his henchmen
Who were pulling his cart
I could tell they were out
To tear my country apart!

'On Fannie, on Freddie,
On Biden and Ayers!
On Acorn, On Pelosi'
He screamed at the pairs!

They took off for his cause
And as he flew out of sight
I heard him laugh at the nation
Who wouldn't stand up and fight!

So I leave you to think
On this one final note-
IF YOU DONT WANT SOCIALISM
GET  OUT AND VOTE!!!!

That's a catchy little ditty!    

Mike - glad you are with us.  ...Still respected you if you were a Republican - but glad you are with us!

Peace out - I am done.

See you guys on Wednesday!

Obama 2008....      

One  last point to make that will probably start another "word war" and then I am done.

Fidel Castro and Obama
Both are charming, eloquent lawyers that say exactly what people want to hear at the right time and place.

One never led the nation to suspect he was a communist at heart, the other doesn't mention the word socialism when in reality this is exactly what his agenda stands for.

Both were virtually unknown until they began to use the word 'change' as their main political motto.

Both have egos as tall as the twin towers, yet they manage to present themselves humbly, one in soiled military fatigues and the other sweating and with an undone tie.

Both have the unique ability to distort truth and lies as if they were the same.

Both have the ability to hypnotize the ignorant and fool the wishful thinker and to divide a nation in classes, (divide and you shall win) In Fidel's case he divided the rich against the poor, the illiterate against the educated and the black against the white. In Obama's case even if by omission, he's de-facto dividing the races already.

And lastly I'll use the words of Jorge Santayana to finish my case in point: 'Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

And in the words of Sir Winston Churchill: 'The inherent vice of Capitalism is the unequal distribution of blessings, the inherent vice of Socialism is the equal distribution of misery.'

GOD SAVE AMERICA
What a day!  I have never been involved with a more exciting and energetic group of people!  I am an Obama Campaign Volunteer and for the past several months I've worked with hundreds of intelligent and amazing people--and that is just in a small section of our region.  I launched three canvasses today that were supposed to go through 8 tonight.  Well, about 40 high school students from another state drove here and have been canvassing in my neighborhood since Saturday and they KICK BUTT!  They took several packets each and hit the ground running this morning!  So enthusiastic and energetic!  I had to send them all to a second staging location for more launches by 2 p.m. because they finished six hours early!  I've never been involved with a campaign before and a woman I talked to today said she's been involved with several and has never seen anything like this.  It was a very exciting day!

GO OBAMA!
   Sounds like you had a great time!! I've been involved in helping out the Republicans many years, but this year I got involved with the Obama campaign and like you I found it amazing.I wasn't able to go door to door, but I was on the phone, and I was so surpised how many people were going to vote or had voted early for Barrack Obama. It's really nice to see the young people get involved, their voices need to be heard, we have a wonderful group of young people growing into adulthood.
    I am so ready for tomorrow to get here, I'll be around during and after the election.

OBAMA08

gentle hugs
Angel
I voted Obama. I also bought a beautiful broom from the Lions Club and a peach pie from a local baker. It was a great start to what I hope will be an even better day.
Mike
I am going to vote in about 30 minutes, and I am very proud to say that my 19 year old has been anticipating and excited about his vote today.  NOTHING would keep that kid away from the vote today.  That's a very good thing!   Like Kidd, I am so glad to see the youth of this country take hold; get involved; and have their voices heard.  

Can you believe the turn out!?!?  In my small little town there are LINES - actual LINES!  I love it.  Of course I hope that Obama wins - but the excitement and the participation is something that we might never see again in our lifetime.    They are predicting that the votes cast will break a CENTURY record.  That is a wonderful thing.  America is back - and taking pride on both sides.

Racheal

GO OBAMA08!  
I just spoke to all 3 of my kiddos, they've all voted and like their and I, they voted Democrat....:) We're going to get together later tonight, it will be fun. Have a fantastic voting day all. Uuuummmmm Mike, how's that peach pie?

Angel                                                                          OBAMA08
I haven't tasted it. I'm saving it for dinner. Mike
I just got back from voting - OH MY GOSH!  Ok, there are 5 voting places here in Hartselle.  12,019 people live in Hartselle, and I think that's a huge stretch.  The little district that I vote in at 11:00 AM already had 1,000+ votes cast in that location alone.  The majority of the people that live here work out of town - so I am thinking a lot more will be voting after 5:00 PM.  

THAT IS HISTORIC!  There were lines all around the little VFW where I vote, and people were in the best spirits.  There were retired people, people my age, young people, all kinds of people!  It was so rewarding!

Tonight is going to be so exciting to see the results.  I am proud of my little town for getting out to vote!  

We didn't have pie though...... :(

OH, and I didn't vote a straight Democratic ticket (we have some good local leaders here who are Republican) but I did vote for Obama.   And I wish they would had some pie.....  I might go to the local meat and three (diner) tonight and see if they have some!  Dang, Mike, you have me wanting that pie!!!!  :)
I have just one last thing to say , then I'm done.  You keep saying that Obama supporters are ignorant/unintelligent. According to millions of surveys the Obama supporter is the well educated. Where Obama is having trouble with supporters is with the so called Bubba vote/ the uneducated.  I am not making this up. You can check it out on your own.

GO OBAMA !
I guess my new name is BubbaVic then, lol
Voted McKinney myself :)

GO GREEN!
........go Obama........   hee hee......  See you all in the morning!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Glad I can get you you so easy!  You have just shown me your intelligence once again.. That was really stupid to say that "the Obama supporters" are more educated, how dumb is that...but hey if it makes you feel intelligent for voting for him then "YEA FOR YOU"!
Intelligence wins out over stupid again.

President Elect  OBAMA 08!!!
I think stupidity prevailed.  Comments like that are not welcome.  Be a good sport.  I congratulate the winner, no need to be a jerk.
I thought McCain's speech was great.

Obama made me cry.

Yes we can.
stupidity did prevail,, Obama won and I feel like I could vomit, Good luck to us we are going to need it..
It was YOU that was calling Obama supporters stupid and ignorant !  Which is a sign of your ignorance.  The rest are just facts.  You need to get over your hatred, it's not healthy.
McCain's speech was wonderful--that's the McCain I know (and actually like) from years ago.  I hope he can do what Hillary did and get through to his supporters so we can be a United country.  I believe Obama will work hard to bring us all together.
I was amazed at the unity that was throughout the entire country - that was so historic to me and my children.  It was ALL walks of life celebrating and they were united in the hopes and dreams of the country - as it should be.

McCain's speech was moving and I was proud of the humility he did show during the speech.  I truly believe that he wants the changes that the country needs.

Obama's speech brought me to tears like I haven't experienced in my life.  Growing up in the South, experiencing the ignorance and hatred of racism - first hand.  It's horrific and kills your soul.  I have seen the klan - heard the "n" word used - saw people abused for the sole reason of their race.  I was proud of the unity of the country's realization that we are one country - united.  

What moved me to tears the most was that Obama didn't talk of the first African American being elected President - it was that this country has moved forward for the first time in most of our lifetimes.  It wasn't about race - it's about our country - our ideals and what we can overcome and the hope that has been lost we can now regain.  This was a historic event that will forever be remembered and will for me be cherished that I was able to see it in my lifetime.  He spoke of the unity of the country - the need for hope - the realization that we will still have trials and tribulation over the next several years - but we will be united in the cause of getting through it.  We are not alone in our struggles.  

The hope that this intellgent man is bringing to the youth, the middle aged people like me, and people from EVERY walk of life - it is historic and something to take pride in as an American.  

As a Southerner, to see the pride in ALL walks of life last night - to see the tears on the faces of white, black, Asian, hispanic, with the realization that we are moving past the ignorance - the hatred - and we are truly,  "one nation under God, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for ALL.    To realize that even though racism will not be erased in one evening - but there's hope that it will not be an issue - we will judge a person on their merit, intelligence, morals, and their deeds.    

God Bless America and the MILLIONS of people that voted - for whomever - and was a part of the process that for once in my life seeing citizens take pride in their own part of being an American.    I respect our President- Elect not because of the color of his skin - but for the man that will lead us to the next chapter in our lives as one country.   I am excited to be an American.  

OBAMA08

I am upset about the election...as you all well know...I still feel that a big mistake was made.  I feel that Americans were caught up in the hype of the media in this election for they portrayed Obama as a god and was never given the scrutiny by mainstream media that needed to be done.  I feel that McCain, who has proved himself to be a true American was stripped of a position that was justly deserved by a man with no experience, whose wife feels that "America is a downright mean country" ,has associations with, terrorists, racists and radicals but did win because of the color of his skin.....

Hold onto your wallets and your security....it is going to be a long ride.
Suzi - give it a rest will you? It is over and now you should get over it and stop your ranting. You sounded stupid before but now you sound bitter and stupid. After all, Obama is your President too.
Mike
people bush-bashed for years and he was the president too.  if she doesn't like him, she's permitted to say it.
People bashed Bush because he performed in a manner that warranted his redicule.  Obama has just been elected and should be given the benefit of performing in his office before he bashed.  If he doesn't perform - by all means, give it to him - he doesn't warrant it now.  We should be united in our resolve to make this country the best in the world, and one man isn't responsible for that task - we all are.  

In my opinion - if you are unhappy - what will a person do to correct it - volunteer?  Contact your Congressman?  Vote?  

Agreed, she has the right to her opinion just as Obama has a right to be critiqued on his actions as President.  

Thank you Alikat.

Mike....I just needed to "vent" my concerns once more.  And all of his associations are true.  yes, we will wait and see what happens.  However, I do not feel that this campaign was fair by no means.  Acorn is a prime example.  

I will stand behind my president as I did Bush even when I feel his decisions were totally unexceptable also.  I am going to give him a chance....but he still didn't deserve it.  That is my opinion and as long as there is still free speech (Which Schummer is already trying to quiet talk radio and comparing it to pornagraphy) I will say what I feel.

You can choose to read it or ignore it...that is YOUR right.
The election is over, I know that people have their concerns but now is a time to bring the country back together.  There should be no more RED states, there should be no more BLUE states.  You guys live in the UNITED states of America.

You have just elected a new leader.  Rejoice that your political system works, and that you had the opportunity TO elect a leader.  Have many lives have been laid down in history so that you can have the opportunity to elect your leader?  How many people around the world don't have the chance to participate in free and democratic elections.

Both men that took part in the race, are honorable men and should be commended for the sacrifices that they made over the last two years.  

But I will agree with Suzi-q, that the price for freedom is eternal vigilance.  Keep talking to your local representatives.  Remember that your community sent them to Washington to serve you.  Make sure that you make the work for you.

I thought of this thread when Obama said, "...You chose Hope over Fear..."

It may take some time to undo the fear-mongering that occurred, but I believe that McCain will be able to do what Hillary did and convince his followers to support Obama.
Yes, I agree, Teko, UNITED WE STAND....and it is a great country where we can debate and speak freely of our opinions.  There is strength in numbers and we must stand united.  

As you know, I was not an Obama supporter (really?)  But I will stand behind him because I believe we are One Nation, Under God.
Ditto!

Sure we're united under one god!! So how are you my fellow quetacoatl worshipping taoist.
Actually noe of the states are blue or red they are now all kind of a purple bruise!  LOL

If you have read medhelp much you should know that Americans hate their fellow Americans more than any other group regardless of political party!
LOL!!!  Let's not start a religious debate....

Sorry couldn't resist....
I can feel the love.....
Viewing 401-473 comments: