MedHelp Social Community
New Swine Flu Commnity - Did you know we have one now?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Swine Flu Community Link

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Swine-Flu/show/356

Did you know we have one now?
27%
 (3) 
Yes
72%
 (8) 
No
11 Members voted
Oink! Oink!
I don't understand why they would make a community out of this since the Swine flu won't be around forever.  The researchers are already working on a vaccine that will be available in the next six months, so why was there a need for that community???

I would like to see a Prayer Chain Community, since there will always be a need for that type.
Amen, ZQ. I'm with you all the way. I think there's already too much fear thrown at people about all this Swine Flu to begin with. It's crazy. The regular flu kills something like 30,000 people a year and this one has barely made a dent and it looks like it's already dying down.
I think to be able to have an uplifting, positive thing for people to turn to, like the prayers of others, would be a good thing. I think it could work. They could keep it interdenominational, etc. I'm sure people could respect all beliefs. I wish they would do that too, ZQ.
I thought you'd agree on this one!  =D  I just don't understand why there needs to be a new community specific to Swine flu, when this will fade in a short amount of time!!  A prayer community would be awesome and would benefit ALL the communities.  People will lose interest in the Swine flu community, but will never lose interest in a much-needed prayer community.  
I guess medhelp is hoping it will be the big talk of the month???  I thought I had replied to this thread before but I don't see my post? =/

Basically you name it and medhelp will have a forum for it, lol. ;)

Well up to at least 12 suspected cases in MN and two comfirmed cases. They are not closing down the school that the people with the suspect cases came from...
I do not think we need a "swine flu" forum, I am with April and Zodiac Queen, I would LOVE to see a Prayer Chain community, now, THAT would be useful.

33 cases in Washinton state now, it keeps getting bigger by the day. I refuse to listen to things about it, they have told us all there is and all we can do is take precautions.