MedHelp Social Community
Ok, this is totally off topic...sorry!!

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Ok, this is totally off topic...sorry!!

I know this has nothign to do with this forum but I dont know who else to ask so...sorry

I am going to Brazil in March and was just wondering if anyone knew if I can wear my nose ring (its a hoop) in the photo for my visa??
Thank you
Welcome to the medhelp social community. :)  I don't know about the nose ring. Maybe someone else would have an idea.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. Their thinking on that topic is the same as ours. The only countries that would have a problem with it are various islamic fundamentalist countries. I have no knowledge that the United States has any regulations that are that strict for a passport. If someone else knows please correct me. I wouldn't think its a big deal.
Okay in reading your profile if you are going to Singapore that's another issue. They are very strict with legal and social regulations. I would take the photo for the Visa without it.
Thank you everyone!
I had posted this in another forum, I didnt know where to do it and it was not the right one so it was moved.
My hubby and talked lastnight have decided it was best for me to go to Singapore, I will not need a visa. I already have my passport and I have all my piercings in for that photo. I have been to the Dominican Republic and have never had a problem with it so...I'll hope for the best. My hubby works in India and travels a lot. This will be his 3rd time to Singapore.
Thanks again
Why do you think they may not allow you to wear it?
Well I went to get my photo done yesterday for my visa and the lady at ama told me that I have to take out all my piercings! But in my passport photo I have all of them in!!
I was just not very ahppy about it.