MedHelp Social Community
Ok Cheri started the music question here we go

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

cheri ask in a post what is your favorite Elvis song...well i would like to know 1 or 2 of your all time favorites...i get mine from 2 different periods in life ..my all time favorite song is  by Led Zeppelin...Kashmeir...that song just gets into my head and just sends me to the stars...and the 2nd has to be Havana Daydreaming by Jimmy Buffett...think of the cruise i was on to Costa Rica...please let me here about yours music is so important paret of my life so put yours down
Judas Priest..........Turbo Lover

Whitesnake...........Here i Go Again on my own.......going down the only path ive ever known.....like a drifter i was born to walk alone.  

That was the story of my life for years!!!!!!!!!

Good post Jollyman!!!  Hope you and your babies are well!!!         sara
oops........going down the only ROAD i mean!!!!
very good ones sara..how bout ComfortAbly Numb  by Pink Floyd and Starship Trooper...bvy The Yes
Well, LOL, just call me old fashioned, but I love the songs and music from the big band era, so here is mine:

Glenn Miller:  Moonlight Serenade

Maynard Ferguson:  Invitation
It's hard for me to pick an all time favorite. It depends on my mood and what things are on my mind at the time.

High on my list is Enya - Athair Ar Neamh. It's sung in Irish Gaelic. The translation is beautiful. It makes a good song to play in the background. It's kind of sad, but the translation is beautiful. I use it when I'm writing.

Often when I am writing I prefer music without lyrics, because then I can focus on the setting/character's dialogues, etc.

When I am painting or doing artwork, then I listen to a variety of music, lyrics or not.
I didn't realize I repeated myself until after I posted.... Yes a lot of Enya music is beautiful to listen to if you want background music.
those are good songs too.  I have to look in my archives for some more too.  Ever listen to Blackfoot??  
Wish You Where Here...Pink Flloyd

Dream On......Aerosmith

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face....Elivis...
( I sang this to my boys when I rocked them as babies nice memory)

How Great Thou Art.....By   I dont know but it makes my soul feel good
Free Fallin...Tom Petty...

Good one dominosarah ...whitesnake

I have so many songs for different moods...Love Blondie....

Billy Vera....the sad song...  
Pour Some Sugar On Me....Def Leppard
Your so Vain....Carly simon

Very Superstitsious......Stevie

Grape Vine........Marvin Gaye

To Close to Jupiter...Train
Ooh, Led Zeppelin`s Kashmir is really good, I agree. And Enya, oh yes! And Marvin Gaye gets to me... And I did listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival a lot.

If I have to choose two though for the majority of my moods, it would be:
1. Old fashioned swing of the 1930s - anything by the Boswell Sisters
2. Anything by Nirvana

loved Blackfoot....train tarin..take me on out of this place>>>>>

also Sir Elton John..one of the best shows i ever saw

then our wild man Ozzy Osbourne

The Outlasw, Mooly Hatchet..Lynard Zknyard
King Crimson people!!!!! The song Epitaph is just unbelievably deep!!! :)

Please, please, someone, listen to that song or I'll have a heart attack!!!
"I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe. That's my all-time favorite song, although I have tons of other favorites.
Sir Elton John and Billy Joel are coming to Minneapolis!!!!  Wouldnt that be a kick a$$ concert!!!!
yes that would,,,sir elton is one of the best musiciaisns i have ever saw what a show..and the pianao man himself my god if you can get tickets go!!!!!
My all time favorite is
"Mere Idea of You" by Doris Day
2nd fav
"Yes Indeed!" by Tommy Dorsey
I've loved early 20's, 30's music since I was very young.  Something about the way they sang and played back then just had so much more soul and depth...
oh yeah someone said Nirvana love the song Lithium
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love those two songs too. I have so many of the big band era and also lots of videos I have recorded from PBS featuring them,. I think they are the greatest.

My dad used to play in the big bands, one was with Clyde McCoy, their theme song was Sugar Blues.
That's great!!  I played in a jazz band for three years (alto sax).  It was really fun, I was the only one under 50 in it though.  I have a decent record collection from the 20's to 40's.  About 200 records in all!!  Picked most of them up from the back of old antique shops.  I have to listen to them on vinyl, it's more authentic.
My all time fav song are

Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper

and Stardust by Nat King Cole

My reasons, well i just adore cyndi lauper and anytime i hear thei song i just start to smile and dance

and stardust it was my grandparents bridal waltz and we played it at their funerals, if i could have alove like that i would be happy.

My all time favorite is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Over the Rainbow.  It just melts my heart.  I'm not normally a country music lover but Lee Anne Womack's I Hope You Dance is a song I live by and hope to dance with my son at his wedding.  Otherwise I'm a '70's and '80's rock lover.
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
My Back Pages (I was so much older then I'm younger than that now) -  Bob Dylan
I love most types of music old and new except heavy metal ,jazz and rap! I download so much stuff!As i have a lousy memory i dont know the names of the songs or who sings them ~~~ my CD player goes on everyday!! I play it suit my moods!!!
You're a Big Girl Now - Bob Dylan
One  (One love, we get to share it, leaves you baby if you don't care for it) - U2

there are more but these two are on my mind right now
Once-Pearl Jam...Actually anything from the 'Ten' album.
United States National Anthem-Various Artists

Stuck with 2 because I really have too many to list that I could consider my favorites. You know ones that I never change the radio station for, that I seach my CD's for and will always be on my iPod.
As far as Rock songs, hard pick but a few of my all time favs..

Ball and Chain - Janice Joplin
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zepplin
oh yeah Bohemian Rhapsody rocks....

I like a lot of Santana songs to
Yeah, anything Queen did was great. Its so sad that Freddy Mercury passed. He was so great. I have been listening to another one that I loved..(but I love all his songs actually)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxbFLYa0_bw

There's also some last interview videos on utube that are worth watching. I enjoyed watching the videos but its still sad. But the nice thing about recordings, we always have a part of that person to enjoy and he still lives on in our lives whenever we listen to his recordings.
I'll have to tell my grandfather that as he enjoy to hear that as he was a trumpet player who played with the big bands including the Dorsey Brothers. I like jazz from that era but mostly stuff a bit newer such as Miles Davis. As for rock my taste is all over the place. Perhaps the Who "My Generation" and Radiohead "Paranoid Android" would come out as tops.