MedHelp Social Community
Red envelopes

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Red envelopes

I was just curious how many people participated in sending a red envelope addressed to the President? (pro-life, to represent all the aborted babies)
19%
 (4) 
Yes, I sent one
19%
 (4) 
No, I did not send one
33%
 (7) 
No, I'm pro-choice
28%
 (6) 
No, but I am pro-life
21 Members voted
Whoops I forgot I did mean to ...so much else going on
I didn't even know about it or I would have!!!
Sorry hit the wrong one I am between pro choice and pro life I dont think abortion should be done after a few weeks..
i didn't even know about it. if i would've i would have sent one. i'm pro life but do believe in abortion for certain circumstances such as the mother and child won't survive or the mother won't survive. even though personally i'd give my life so my child could live. even in rape cases i could understand. but as a form of birth control, your mad at you df, dh, bf or whoever, you're getting divorced or whatever other stupid reason...nope don't think it's right and am 100% against.
FYI- I did send one.  I am also pro-life, unless it is trauma related(as in the mother will die).  
When were you supposed to send one?  I wasn't aware of this so no I didn't send one.

I say I'm pro-choice because I believe if a woman's life was endanger, she should have a choice.  I'm not in favor of abortion for birth control or because it is inconvenient.
It was March 31st.  

Check out this site...
http://www.redenvelopeproject.org/

Here is what we all could do:

Get a red envelope. (You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores.)

On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back, write the following message.

This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.

Responsibility begins with conception.

Put it in the mail, and send it. Then forward this email to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having a a chance to live. Maybe it will change the heart of the president.
I sent one, and hey, it is never to late to do things like this, if you feel like it, and forgot or did not know about it, I would send one anyway. I say, better late than not at all.
Have you all noticed that the media does not make it a habit to make things like this known. They make me so angry. I mean, there were probably lots of folks that would have participated in this, but, they just did not know. I did not know about it until I heard about it from a Christian forum. It is sad, I do not trust the Media at all. I know there are some good ones out there, but, they are few and far between.
You are right the media is also very prejudiced where politics are concerned , when the campaign was on I think they chose who they wanted to run , msnbc is extremly liberal, Fox erres to the Republican side whilst not as much as the former.the reteric was hard to watch, I changed to CNN as at least they are not so biased.one way or another,,They do have a big affect on outr thinking they were very mean to Hillary Clinton at times.So I am not surprised they decided not to run with the red envelope idea.
I am 100% PRO CHOICE!!!!  The government can NOT infringe on a woman's rights to do what she chooses with her body.
I wish I would have known about this, someone needs to stand up for these innocent babies.

It's no longer just your body when there are TWO beating hearts.
I have to agree with sassy and margy, the media doesn't give us all the facts.  They pick and chose who to support and what to tell us.  Just like which bills get signed.  They chose to make a huge deal over AIG, all the while the 900 earmarks are getting signed.  It's a distraction tactic.  Get us focused on one thing so, we don't notice the others.

I agree completely with Grose.  No, you can't infringe on a woman's right to do what she chooses with her body.  But, when there are two beating hearts it's no longer just her body.  Having a child is a huge responsibility and I think it's sad when b/c of her circumstances a woman can choose to KILL another human being to better suit her!!  I understand there are extreme cases in which the mother's life is at risk and the baby needs to be taken.  Inconvience is not a reason to kill another human being.  What if everytime someone "inconvienced" me I decided to take them out??  I would be thought a monster and murderer!!
No, the government should not tell a woman what she can do with HER body, but, remember, we are talking about another life here, and it is that life we are protecting. Sure, I realize there are times when this must be done, but, so many women use this as a form of birth control, or just get rid of the poor thing because they do not want to be "inconvenienced" well, too bad, you have been given this new life and it is up to you to take care of it as our Lord intended. This new life depends on you.
I agree with you that way toooooo many women use abortion as a form of birth control.  I personally know some women that do that, and it totally disgusts me.  I also don't like the idea of late term abortion when nothing is wrong with the baby or the mother.  I truly believe those "reasons" are morally wrong.  BUT, it is also morally wrong for the govt to tell a woman what she can/can not do with HER own body.  That is just wrong, too.  I would hope that a woman would make the right moral decision.  Afterall, she's the one who's got to see herself in the mirror everyday.
I totally agree, but, when it involves the baby, then it is the baby's body we are talking about. Shouldn't they be protected since they have no say in any of this?
YES, the babies should be protected-by the mother, NOT the govt.  It should be the mother's choice to protect her own baby.
I totally respect what you are saying. However, to ME, I just feel that the baby needs protection from whomever will give it to them, they are the innocent party, so to speak, and if the mother does not want to protect them, then, I say someone should, even if it is the government. I mean, this is a life we are talking about.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, I know others feel differently, but, I had to spout off.

Have a nice day. It is beautiful here, I am going to take a nice walk now.  See ya!!  :)
But the goverment means OBama and he is pro choice.. even late term babies ..thats one of the reasons there is such a big tadoo going on amongst the catholics..
I am confused now. All I was trying to say was I am against abortion, and I feel the poor unborn has a right to live and be protected. Hmmmm, did I miss something here?
Everyone's opinion is getting respect!!  Is there something that has offended you?  I thought we were having a good clean debate, so I hope that you didn't feel offended!
No way, I am not offended at all, sorry if I came across that way.

This is a good debate, and so far, all the answers have been awesome and extremely respectul.

Hugs
Susie  :)
OHHHH, good glad to hear that you're not upset/offended!!  =D  I thought this was a fun debate and very respectful!  I really love hearing other people's point of view-it's what makes people interesting and special!  =D

Hugs back at ya!!!!
hmm...I had a post but it got erased.  that's a bit weird considering it wasn't offensive...
well I thought this has been a good thread with airing something serious to a lot of us, and important to get others aspect .
I feel as though women are left to the decisions involving this matter, I don't feel that the instincts of motherhood can be can be challenged, particularly when one has already experienced it. That being said, I just want to ask where these unwanted children are going to go? I realize it's a very cold question, but these women don't want the child, what will be the consequences if they cannot make the choice legally? There are a lot of back rooms out there, and if the opportunity arises, there will also be a lot of people that shouldn't be preforming it. What about the lack of, or rejection of prenatal care, the women who will carry on with their drug and alcohol addictions, and in the event of a successful delivery, what about the abuse and neglect many of them will be subject to unless the government steps in.

I don't know why your post would get deleted, when all of us are behaving!  No one is getting PO'd, and we are having a nice, calm debate!!!!  Why would it get deleted like that, when none of us are getting evil?
I don't know...maybe it was an accident.  I was just telling sassy that the government wouldn't protect the unborn children b/c Obama is pro-choice.  I agree though, I thought this was a great debate.  
WTH??????  I don't see anything wrong with what you said!!!  WHY would someone be offended by that?????  You made a true, factual statement?

I just don't understand people!!!......
I don't either...I just chalked it up to a mistake.  It's not really a big deal, I just thought it was a bit odd...
Heard that the Doctors who dont want to perform abortions have a predicament as they will have to leave their jobs or perform the abortions ,even the late term ones ..that is the part I and I would think most women find horrendous.,whether they are pro or not.
I totally agree with you-late term abortions of a normal/near normal fetuses are absolutely horrendous.  It is BIG time morally wrong.  As much as I strongly believe that, I think it is also morally wrong for the govt to prevent a woman's decision to have that abortion.  The govt can NOT cross that line!  It is the WOMAN's body, NOT the govt's body!