MedHelp Social Community
Share with us your "favorite" gift you rec'd big or smal...

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Share with us your "favorite" gift you rec'd big or small ...

3805787?1230213041
What was your "favorite" gift this year that you rec'd....

C~
MY SON IS AWAY AT COLLEGE ABOUT 3 HOURS DRIVE, WE HAD A BAD ICE STORM tUESDAY NIGHT INTO YESTERDAY. wELL HE MADE IT HOME LAST NIGHT, SO THATS BEST THING I COULD GET AND AS A PRESENT A WONDERFUL cHRISTMAS PICTURE OF MY 3 GARNDKIDS
Having my whole family over for dinner...even threw terrible driving condtions ice, snow more ice they all came ..ate early and went to Christmas Eve service at church...we all got a tiny 1inch voltive candle..meant to spread the light..seeing sooo many people leave church holding their still lit candles...priceless...
Still waiting the arrival of my kids.  That will be good enough!!!
Time with my grandma and the cats opening presents is priceless.  As far as gifts, I got some music CD's from my mom and a Thomas Kinkade light house sculpture from grandma. It lights up.
GOD Bless Thank You for sharing :o)
I took my 6 year old grandson so he could buy his mom and dad a gift this year. He took me to Marshalls, then Target, then to the local Mall. Then he took me to Applebees for lunch before going back home. He got mom a snowglobe with a reindeer inside and for dad he got a  toy parrot that repeats, dances and talks. It talked all night and by the time Dad opened it this morning, the battery was dead! He wore a Santa hat while shopping and I totally enjoyed this more than anything I can remember in a while. I also got a picture of him and his siblings for christmas. Then I took him home and his baby sister got in the car, so I brought her home and we baked cookies for todays dinner. Fun, Fun, Fun!
Peace, Love, Joy and much Happiness From All my Brothers and Sisters :o)
I loved getting to spend the holidays with my parents...but the best physical gift I recieved was a GPS system from my parents or the books my fiance got me!
My granddaughter was not going to make it home from college in Chgo to our home in WI. She is more than a granddaughter, I raised her. I was 32 when she was born so she is like my only daughter. Anyway her transportation out was cancelled and due to the wonderful winter weather there was no way home.  No way out of the city. She was crying when she called me the night of the 23rd. I was heart broken. She tried every other transport out of Chgo. About 1:00 AM the 24th we gave up. No way home that day or the 25th. When my son, a semi-driver saw me crying he said, "Mom, we can work this out. I can drive. I do this for a living." At first I said NO. I didn't want to endanger his life. He made calls regarding road conditions between here and there and than insisted it wasn't all that bad and he could do it.  I called her and had her take public transportation as far out into the suburbs as she could get and he took our new 4-wheel drive truck and picked her up. He left at 5AM (roads a bit better) and returned with her safe and sound at 4PM. That was my greatest gift. We were all together, safe and sound.
Thanks for asking.
I'm glad to hear you got to be with your granddaughter afterall. The cra ppy weather--when does it ever end?  I saw what's coming tomorrow and although we are expected to be in the clear it will be terrible for WI...
no one was materialistic high five to that..guess we all been through more and know what really matters its not the stuff.
BED SHEETS
Only someone that understands what life is all about would say BEDSHEETS. You are a dear heart lovemypillhead!!
My most precious gift was having all of my children and grandbabies with me. And I also recieved Bedsheets. So soft and cuddly. My hubby got me the Iphone smartphone. I love electronics. And a bag of cookies baked by the two odest granddaughters they are 9 and 11. I didn't have the heart to tell them I couldn't have them, but Papa can.

gentle hugs
Angel
Watching my childrens face on christmas morning as they opened their presents. My daughter was upset mommy didn't get anything from santa so she gave me some of her gifts.  That was the best gift I could have received.
My favorite gift is always remembering the birth of our Savior.  I also love spending time with family and friends and the love we share.  

My favorite material gift this year is a pair of pearl earrings.  I love pearls and when my husband and I first got married in 1992, I had gotten pregnant a few weeks before Mother's Day and so he spoiled me with pearl earrings and some other gifts even though I had miscarried just before Mother's Day.  He told me I was the future mother of his children back then and it was such a beautiful gift and held great sentimental value.  We had been vacationing at Atlantic City in 1996 when I accidentally left the earrings on the nightstand in our room.  We were half way home when I realized what I'd done, but of course, when we called the earrings could not be found.  So, I just wanted a pair of pearl earrings like those he gave me back then.  And, yes, he found beautiful pearl earrings for me for Christmas!  I actually cried when he gave them to me!  They even look identical to the ones I'd lost!  

I'm a very sentimental person anyway!  :)
my family all being at my house , holding hands asking the LORD to bless us this year. nothing means more to me than family ,if i never got another gift had to live in a box i would be happy with just my family.
An Obama T Shirt with his picture on it and the words "Hope" in big letters under it.

I plan to wear it when they have the next bailout hearings. Watch for me on CNN, I'll be in the third to last row! ;-)
We got our kids a wii...when they were all done opening all their gifts from Santa...I gave them one to "the Family"...they thought it was going to be a cheesey board game (cuz I always give them board games as "family" gifts when they are done with their own pile of gifts. I have 4 kids from ages 16 - 7...noone wanted to even open it...when i finally got them to all gather around when one of them wanted to open it...they FREAKED!!!! They were so excited and over joyed!!! They NEVER expected to get a wii!!! They were with me when I went to 3 or 4 different stores asking about it and was told there was no way I would get one this year!!! So that was priceless to see how excited and thrilled they were to get something they were not expecting AT ALL!!  That was the best!! Also having my kids AND my hubby home for the whole "vacation" was the most wonderful gift I could have asked for!! It was great!!!
Wonderful silver heart key chain from my daughter to replace the one stolen a couple of years ago,that she had also got me. and a watch from another Daughter , and the wonder of their company on Christmas day in England ,  
origami  ornaments made of one dollar bills.  
My husband gave me a beautiful diamond "C" necklace in honor of our son Cooper, who returned to heaven on July 23rd. I love having it on me, it makes me feel so close to Cooper again.  
several things

my teenager was home for the holidays from boarding school - so nice to see her sweet face!  she made me a christmas ornament for the tree, which i love.

my 6 year old bought me a religious necklace from the Dollar Store, it is Mary with baby Jesus, because i am her Mommy and she was the baby.  so sweet!

Well, I was with my favorite little camper, aged 103 (she'll be 104 next month) last august. I was sitting next to her at 11 P.M. while she watched television.

She cuddled to my arm and said "I've never been happier in my life".

And she gave me a million dollar smile and a kiss on my wrist.
Hello...Well I have two "gifts" that i love and got at Christmas....
1. A new bed and theses beautiful sheets to go with then also a Amish quilt.

2. This year  was the first year in (my whole life (25 years) that my mom was not drunk out of her mind. THis was the first she did drank any on Christmas.

SHes back to drinking again......thats another post....
My grandsom comming through brain surgery with few complications. Spending Christmas Eve with my husbaaand @ church in praise and worship
my favorite gift i got for christmas was my sidney crosby jersey my husband bought for me. we're HUGE HUGE HUGE hockey fans (haven't missed a game this year) and i just LOVE sidney crosby. he's such an amazing hockey player and is truly the next one. so for christmas all i really really wanted was the powder blue crosby jersey. he got it for me. i wear it every game day. and of course he got his black n gold crosby jersey. next one to get...malkin!!!! or fleury. lol.