MedHelp Social Community
Snow poll

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Snow poll

We ar snowed in today..worst since 1973 before Christmas...Ive lived with snow all my life people have strong opinions either love it or hate it.

14%
 (5) 
I hate snow
29%
 (10) 
I love snow
55%
 (19) 
I like snow when Im inside, dont like to walk or drive in it
34 Members voted
Hey Cherie, so are we.  It hit you guys first and is hitting us hard right now.  I'm hoping everything's good tomorrow as I'm making a trek down to Windsor.
I grew up in Western NY and then was in Philly and now outside of DC.  I keep slipping further South!  

While I miss the sight of it, it is nice to not need to brush off the car or deal with the messy roads.  

Good luck getting dug out!

I put "hate it". But, that is a rather strong word, lol. I like it because I don't have to deal with it :)  I recently traveled to Greenbay and it really came down. It was nice to see, but I was glad to get back home and into my shorts.  I wouldn't want to live with it in my daily life.
We got 8 more inches last night and now we are in Blizzard Watch with more snow on the way........Will it ever end!!!!!!!
I love snow......................We rarely get any :) ............I am moving in with Cherie!!!!!!!
I think snow has its time and place, but I don't like being out in it.  When I was a child I loved it though.
Alien says send it my way I LOVE IT and my kids do to and YEAH I love snow cream too!! Can you guys send me some on the icecream truck??
You can have it all from MN if you want.
I wish i could send you ALL of it!!!!  The older i get the more i dont like it!!!!!
I LOVE SNOW!!!!  We're supposed to get hit with another big storm this evening - WAIT - I just looked out my window and it has already started!  It's supposed to snow into tomorrow late morning!  YIPPEE!

But, I do hate driving in it.  Last February, I was driving on a freeway that has four lanes heading in one direction.  Everyone in front of me hit their brakes (it was icy and snowing) and I hit mine, but the car behind me was going to fast and she swerved to go around me since she couldn't stop in time and hit the back right corner of my car (I was in the second lane to the right) and it spun my car around sending me across all lanes of traffic until I came to a stop facing the traffic coming at me but luckily I was on the shoulder.  I kept saying "No, no, no!"  Luckily, nobody hit me!  It scared the **** out of me!  So, I'm more nervous driving in the snow this year than last year.  The person who hit me was ticketed for travelling too close.  

But, I do love the SNOW!!!
Alien says thats why when it snows here I break out the spaceship. People look but at least we dont have cone heads LMAO! Plus its safer.

I will be calling on the spaceship shortly!!!!!  We wont be able to move around here once the next storm comes and the wind starts!!!!!
alienshadow, What no cone heads on your planet?  That's a bummer.

HelpinUtah, there were  a few times we were driving home from my grandma's house and we had to drive through 6-8+ hours of blizzards. I guess if you travel through Wisconsin anytime in winter, you can expect to go through a snow storm at least with one of the trips.
I want a spaceship - share and share alike!!!!  LOL!!!!
Its too darn cold for it too snow where I am.
To look at the snow from inside the house where it's warm is fine. Knowing there is a plow in the driveway is even better. Too know the Heat bill is payed...priceless. I did notice that the people who like snow, don't live in a state with snow. Smart!  
I like it about once a year.  Unfortunately, in Southern California, we don't ever have it.
I absolutely HATE it!!!!!

We don't get it that often, usually just flurries that will add up to a couple of inches that will stick. This week we got almost 12" dumped on us!
we got blasted today 9 inches,,more tommrow and Sunday ...we ( a large part of south MI_)  lost out internet and tv today...the kids had no school OMG what to do,,,they had to play old fashioned board games and read books,,,hahaha good for them.
glad it was you all and not us here in western maryalnd..we got rain if it would have been cold enough to snow we would have had about 132 to 14 inches of snow have fun
We're still waiting to get blasted here in MN...there's 100% chance of snow tomorrow...
Oh, you're so lucky, at least you get snow! It never snows here in Southern Califronia and I would just love to see it snow...
Would you like me to send some to you?
I dislike snow but snowfall is beautiful however that beauty is short lived. Slush, snow and icy roads take lives and cause many MVA accidents. If you sit by the window and watch the snow fall it is breathtakingly beautiful...but so is a powder white sand beaches on the east coast of Florida. I was born and raised and live in Wisconsin all but 4 years of my life. Now that I reached fifty a few years ago I am very ready to spend the rest of my life on those white beaches. With God's help this is my LAST winter in the frozen tundra.
Yes, please do send me some! Enough to fill my whole front yard?!
I don't mind the snow, provided it doesn't have my stuck in my car for over 3 hours on a hwy with my son, who had just undergone surgery. That was how I spent my Thursday afternoon/evening.

I grew up with snow, I spent a couple Christmas seasons without it as well. I would definitely vote yes for snow, with a few exceptions. I live in a rural wooded area where the infrastructure is not designed for snow. Leave it to the rednecks to plan poorly. Couple that with people who do not know how to drive in the snow and you have disaster.

The delays that kept us on the hwy for over 3 hours were all 4-wheel drive trucks in ditches...no joke. More than half a dozen in a 6 mile stretch had the hwy at a standstill for hours. Those of us with half a brain know how to drive in it. It is the people who think 4WD trumps brain cells that get into trouble.
Absolutely ADORE snow! One of my early childhood memories is waking up in the morning , looking at the ceiling of my room, did it look TOO white? If so, that was a good day, because it meant it had snowed!  Its silence is so beautiful, then the way that through the cushion of silence you can hear the faint whisper of new snowflakes coming down. It's clean and bright, and when the sun shines on it .....amazing! Where I live now we don't get much snow. Last we had here was about 2 inches about 5 years ago. (And everyone including the media made a freaking fuss about it!) But I used to live in the mountains when we'd have to dig our way out of the house, and it was dark indoors because the windows were all covered with drifts. And I never grow up, I'd get the kiddie sledge out at a moment's notice, play eat the snowball with my dog. I love it. Basically I hope hell freezes over, because when I get there, I'd like to see some snow!
But I do agree with you. There are many so called 'good' drivers who turn to mush when driving in snow. They can't adjust their technique, and think they can steam through it in their 4x4's! "Hey I'm BIG I'm POWERFUL ! Watch me acting like a complete TWIT!"  (Don't worry, if hell does freeze over they'll be there, slip-siding around, and ending up in ditches.) Problem is....they're dangerous.
I know that Detroit gets it a little more than we do, atleast much sooner, but right now in the Cleveland area, we are having 50 mile an  hour winds with temperatures at - 1 with windchill at -20.  A little bit of snow today, but I am waiting for the big one. Have plenty of firewood and hot chocolate. Not much we can do, just hope that it doesn't put a damper on christmas.
I love snow, what I don't like were the horrible gusts of wind we had yesterday blowing the snow in my face. It was -5 with a windchill 0f -31, not fun when you are trying to run around with a two year old getting stuff ready for his party.
Woke 2 days ago to a blanket of snow in London, but am back in CA, no snow here , well there is on top of the Mountains, I love to play in it , but only if its not too cold, I mean has some sun shining like in Switzerland
We had a light dusting which really made everything sparkle like glitter or crystals. Very pretty.  But watch out for ice underneith... I sliped and fell on my rear, but otherwise okay.
I love these massive snowfalls. Finally it feels like... umm... Christmas? Winter? Change of season? Oh well, I don't enjoy the avalanches it causes in the mountainside though, that's the only thing.
The snowfall makes you get up and out of the house. In a little while I'm going to get on with shovelling again... Best wintertime exercise besides downhill skiing or crosscountry. Then you've got the snowmen and the making of snowcaves - oh yep I'm a kid again....