Swine Flu
I was just wondering if anyone has actually spoke to someone or actually seen anyone, either in person or interviewed, with the swine flu diagnosis.  I mean with the actual dianosis by a Doctor and the CDC.  I was just curious since I have a few friends that went to Mexico about 10 days ago for a wedding and noone has any symptoms or has been sick from the flu and there was 60 people that went to the wedding.  I have not seen anybody come out on tv or by satellite that has the flu.  Just wanted some input.  
Melissa:
From what I have heard here in Utah, the people who have this flu are being quarantined in a sense.  So, I would imagine that we wouldn't see any of them on tv.  

Here's the latest from the CDC:

U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
(As of May 1, 2009, 11:00 AM ET)  States # of laboratory confirmed cases Deaths
Arizona 4  
California 13  
Colorado 2  
Delaware 4  
Illinois 3  
Indiana 3  
Kansas 2  
Kentucky 1  
Massachusetts 2    
Michigan 2  
Minnesota 1  
Nebraska 1  
Nevada 1  
New Jersey 5  
New York 50  
Ohio 1  
South Carolina 16    
Texas 28 1
Virginia 2  
TOTAL COUNTS 141 cases 1 death
Thats what I heard too. Anybody with this flu go into an "incubation period" so the virus does not spread. Sadly where I live we have the most cases because of that school in my area (NY).
thanks for the info.  I was just perplexed as to why noone has spoke about what they were going through or went through.  I haven't even heard from anyone that has been treated.  I just would like to know what they are really feeling and their symptoms.  And if they are being kept in isolation, some do have access to computers or web cameras, so why hasn't anyone at least told someone how they are feeling.  If some are getting treated, then after 48 hours the antibiotic should have went through their system enough My husband asked me why businesses are not closed when their are cases of people that work in an environment that they should definitely not be in with this flu.  Why is it we are only closing schools?  

I am not questioning whether the swine flu is real, but as to what is really going on and how severe it really is.  
I understand what you're saying.  I have been sick the past couple days but pretty sure it's allergies.  I don't want to panic and run to the doctor and get tested.  But, you just don't know what to do, you know?  

I have a feeling that this is going to peter out here soon and when flu season hits it will come back with a vengence.  That's just my suspicion as well as some experts based off the 1918 pandemic.  

Here in Utah, Park City is closed completely until Monday.  The school, government offices as well as businesses.  They have 3 suspected cases and just wanted to be sure.  That's the only town I know of that are closing businesses too.
O.K. so on Shepherd Smith they just had a teen on that was quarintined at home that has the swine flu and spoke to him via phone.  The teen said that he had a fever of 102 for 1 day and mild symptoms and that thay are totally making this more severe than what it really is.  He is taking tamiflu and is not allowed by the CDC that he is not allowed to leave his home until Monday.  So, finally we heard from someone with this.
The symptoms will feel exactly the same as someone who has a regular flu.

Most of the people who contract it get only a mild illness -- some fever, fatigue, joint aches, coughing. It just has to be watched carefully because its the complications that are dangerous.
Thanks Swampcritter.