MedHelp Social Community
Take Hold of Every Moment

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Take Hold of Every Moment

5905591?1279038313

A friend of mine opened his wife's underwear drawer and picked up a silk paper wrapped package:

"This, - he said - isn't any ordinary package." He unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box.

"She got this the first time we went to New York, 8 or 9 years ago. She has never put it on. Was saving it for a special occasion.

Well, I guess this is it. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other clothings he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just died. He turned to me and said:

"Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion".

I still think those words changed my life. Now I read more and clean less. I sit on the porch without worrying about anything. I spend more time with my family, and less at work. I understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through. I no longer keep anything. I use crystal glasses every day. I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if i feel like it. I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to. The words "Someday..." and "One Day..." are fading away from my dictionary. If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now.

I don't know what my friend's wife would have done if she knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can tell. I think she might have called her relatives and closest friends.

She might call old friends to make peace over past quarrels. I'd like to think she would go out for Chinese, her favourite food. It's these small things that I would regret not doing, if I knew my time had come. I would regret it, because I would no longer see the friends I would meet, letters... letters that i wanted to write "One of this days". I would regret and feel sad, because I didn't say to my brothers and sons, not times enough at least, how much I love them.

Now, I try not to delay, postpone or keep anything that could bring laughter and joy into our lives. And, on each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.
Thats great rahim and important for us to remember but hard for us to do ...especially with the tormoil of today ..
You welcome dear Margy
may be if we take it easy it will become easier
That is quite a learning experience. I think more than one person will be moved by your
story. I think I have become the woman that just enjoys the moment for what it is.  I recall not so long ago, being OCD about everything that kept me in an uptight state of anxiousness.  I am more like the lady that takes things as they come.  It is really hard to let things go.  I like things in a certain order and organized. Well, when you live with 3 men this is hardly possible.
I have learned that the world will not end if I don't get certain things done and so on. This is a type of control, and in this control you do not let others be who they really are. This affects their being.(not good) One lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks for the enlightenment,

Crochetya
You welcome dear Croch
We usually plan for future in the price of losing the present.
Somebody said :
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, Today is gift, that is why it is called present
I use to attend in English language class at LSU in Baton Rouge LA ( missed those good old days. I remember the last day of our class our teacher ( beautiful young lady ) took the class outdoor she said she had enjoyed her class and wished us success and happiness in our life but the moment she was going to leave us, she couldn't stop her tears falling down and that touched my heart.
I still wondering where is she now and what is she doing.