MedHelp Social Community
Tiger Woods comeback to Golf, Rehab all done ...?.

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Maybe some folks here could answer me something I dont know , I heard on the News that Tiger Woods is making a Golf comeback ,after completing ' Sex Rehab' would someone explain what Rehab actually means what do they do to you that in a very short time are you  cured' especially of a sex addiction.Indeed I am puzzled by the whole process of Rehab for anything , one hears of it a lot that one of the Stars is going into 'Rehab' for drink or drug addiction, then they come..Cured "?could anyone explain it to me .
Rehabilitation is a process.  With drugs and alcohol and really anything, first someone has to "detox".  That is that their bodies have to go through physical withdrawel from whatever they took.  This can be dangerous at times depending on drug of choice and sometimes requires hospilization.  People have seizures, hallucinations and can be violently ill.  Then the process starts of changing onces thinking.  Rehab will never work if someone isn't ready to change their thinking.  You have to believe it is  the abused substance or thing  OR it is your life.  For Tiger Woods, his sex addiction (reportedly sex addiction) was ruining his life.  If he continued, he would lose endorsements (money) and suredly wife and kids (if he hasn't already) and his reputation (okay, he lost that too but probably thinks he can earn it back with the golf comback).  So he desperately needs a change.  He may be motivated to do the work.  

Anyway, you work with doctors, counselors, and others (many of which are recovering addicts) that go through why you did what you did, how to change your thinking, damage you've done (you have family time in which family tells their grievences against you which helps the family healing process) where you can admit what you've done and offer apology, and try to give you the tools to make different choices when you leave.  

Relapse rate for al things can be very high, but sexual addiction is a toughy.  

don't know about tiger woods, some celebrities seem to just go to rehab to try and repair damage done without really wanting to fix their problem.  Most rehab for drugs takes longer than 30 days----- much longer.  
So really its a temporary fix; to a problem they need long time care for ?
I find it very hard to believe that a guy with THAT MUCH of a problem could ALREADY be cured.  Right.  For his sake, that would be nice, but it just doesn't work that way.  
Maybe he has to do a rehab for each 'gal' he had an affair with ...so after the Golf tournament he will go back for more rehab /...LOL
Especially if rehab is "tapering off" of the "drug."  You know, with most addictions, you don't quit cold turkey.  Is there a patch?   LOL
You two are funny.  LOL.  Cure is relative to addiction.  Relapse is common.  Takes a tremendous amount of work to stay away from your vice.  

Maybe I would be interested in trying a patch for sex addiction.  I wonder what that would do . . . could be fun. LOL
The patch comes later, he's having to work his way DOWN to that....uh, hem....
oh you 2 are too funny.

This is just so he can get out there and start repairing his tainted reputation and go back to earning millions upon millions.

People don't care. He will be right back at it. The golf too. (see I can do it too) ha ha ha
Oh, you naught, naughty girl! Somebody told me to come over here to "take a peek" at what you said, no pun intended!!!
I think rehab is like recovery...really, you're doing it for the rest of your life. or you're relapsing...idk but now he's up to 20 mistresses???? when did the man sleep? maybe all golfers should be insomniacs...

has anyone else noticed that his newest mistress is upset that all the girls' faces being printed on golf balls will cause abuse/violence towards women...but she has no problem with her face being on OTHER golf(ers) balls? cop-out, anyone?
and the excuse of "he loved me"....of course he did, sweetie. every other thursday, right after #7.

hmmmm a sex-addiction patch....I wonder what it would be made of...the sensation of cold showers?
if tiger woods went to rehab for sex addiction and it worked i would recommend it for edwards and lots of other men, personally i do not beleive in the word sex addiction it is just a big word for men who like to run around and cheat, and there is no cure for it you just have to want to stop, and many do and many do not it is money wasted on high class places just a place to go for the rich. i used to smoke when i was told i might have mouth cancer i laid down my cigarettes and never took another puff that has been 19 years ago, you really have to want to do something before you can quit anything, but you can do it, and with no rehab or help it is nice to have help, but you can quit anything if you want to bad enough, just my little ole opinion hey marypops love that post so true ha i felt bad until i saw your post made my day i love a good laugh maybe there is some truth init costs lots tho  jo
I agree.

That is just another word to downplay "sin" and take away a persons responsibility.  And I am not the one who called it that, so please, no comments about judging.

i promise i will not judge you  jo
and I appreciate that!!
sometimes i get jokes on the computer i thought this was  cute i know many of you have seen it or heard it
it says celibacy can be a choice in life or a condition
this couple were attending a ameeting for newly weds and how to make your marrige work, the instructer said couples should know what each other likes, and so forth any way he asked the men if they knew what their wifes favorite flower was
walter put his arm around his wife and whispered in her ear yours is GOLD MEDAL FLOWER isnt it dear well that started the 1st day of walters celibacy     bad bad
LOL jo.  I like it.  
That is funny,

and very typical...don't you think?
Good one!  
well Jo isnt that what happens with the Stras ,you hear of them being caught driving drunk , then big news they go into rehab' then they are out within a few weeks , and go and do it again,so as I said he had so many gals' I expect him to go in and out ..ha ha unless hes changed his spots now and become a good little, home ,family loving guy !!!!
Oh, Marg....does a Cheetah change his spots?  (I'll do my best to ignore that other "little" pun you had "in and out" of there   LOL ! )
ha Ha Ha I'll set the Stras on you LOL     ha I meant Stars ,
i have always heard the expression Man can not live by bread alone, i take that to mean thet he wants sex also?  read the history of one of our greatest presidents in history and he served 4 terms Franklin Delano Roosevelt well he had a mistress, His wife stated that she could not stand sex and would give franklin a divorce if he wanted it, she said she loved him as a freind but nor sex, anyway Franklin stated he loved his wife she was his freind and confident and would never consider divorce nor would he force the act upon her so it was a well known fact even by the public the mistress kept herself out of the limelight and they were discreet some people never knew i did not untill i read his history years ago women did not have a choice according to my granny they did as their husbands bid and when sex time come the man did not expecta woman to enjoy the act, anyway lots of men way back when when looking for a wife cared about 2 things one she had to know how to cook to heck with what she looked like also she had to be a good helpmate and work with him and have his kids he did not expect her to like sex or be a wanton as they were called at night they lifted the their nightgowns the man satisfied himself and went to sleep, so that is a marriage of the dark ages and it did happen that way of course some were different but my granfather i do beleive was that way he was strict no talking at table no laughing no makeup he was a stern godfearing man but he must have liked sex because he sired 8 kids the other granfather father sired 14 i am glad i was not born around that time my grandfather said i laughed to much and i really do not think he liked me i led my granny astrayi liked to run and play and he said i woud come to a bad end if he seen these women in the \bathing suits today he he would preach a sermon and yell dont look ethel
Most people that go into rehab for an addiction usuallly end up back there a few times before they get fixed.Maybe they gave tiger bromide!! Its a drug that stop urges~~
Sounds like his wife has forgiven him ..thats one great woman , I wouldnt have ...but I see she is probably thinking of the kids I do know children do fare better with 2 parents in their lives , and even if they dont live together a regular visitation programme with great participation on both side works well and children are happier..so maybe although she doesnt like what happened to say the least she is putting her kids first and I give a thumbs up to that ...
I agree w/ what another poster has said-so called sex addiction, is just an excuse for a man's cheating ways!

HMMMM, I find it very interesting that no men have made any comments.  I'd love to see some comments from some of the guys on here!
Yeh me too Hey some super man out there what do you think about Tiger muds capers  .....?
I think in sex rehab, they put a rubber band on his "Thang" and teach him to snap it every time he thinks of sex. That'll cure him.
He is a swinger all right and not just with his golf club. His wife was better with the golf club than he ever was!!! All those pretty faces were flashing before his eyes!! ha, ha  
OK, a man’s perspective.
This is his first step in his “come back”.
Like most celebrities, he screws up, goes to rehab, says “Sorry”, writes a book that he will make millions off of because the word is full of suckers, and he will come out smelling like a rose.
If his wife takes him back and she does not have a diabolical scheme, she is a fool and deserves what she gets.
Oh yeh I definatly think he will write a book and it'll be a I am sorry book ...I bet all those gals are busy writing theirs too I would rather read theirs ...
Ditto
Oh the simple days when there were drunks, bums, and wh0re mongers. Now we are supposed to pity the Homeless (I am not talking about people with ambition that are temporarily down on their luck), Alcoholism is a disease, and you go to rehab for lascivious behavior. Everyone now has an excuse for their behavior.
Thats true , it seems to work they get forgiven or laughed off I guess like here ....
Tiger may not be forgiven, but he will resume his career and will become even more famous!
Tiger who....?
   Sad but True. If he were to die today, like M. Jackson everyone would feel sorry for him, forget about his past, and restore him back to an Icon. What a pathetic world we live in.
I Heard his speech today and he sounded very believable I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt ,everyone deserves a 2nd chance or in his case a 12th chance LO.l  ..stop it Marg
“Tiger Woods says sorry, golf return still unknown”

WHAAA.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Let The Games Begin.

Sorry Marge, can’t stand with you on this one. He made his millions on his Role Mode Status. I wish I had the luxury of $crewing my life up and saying “Sorry”. I fail one P1ss test and my career is over. I would have more respect for him if he had said ”hey I am a Scum Bag Get over it” instead of poorly reading notes. My God, he had plenty of time to prepare. This is the best he could do?
Maybe Trojan will endorse him. Oh that’s right, in most cases it was reported he didn’t practice safe sex, endangering his wife.  Maybe Viagra will pick him up.
You maybe right, he did sound believable ...I guess I like to think he can make it up to his wife but hey I am sure money is at the bottom of it he wants to get playing for more ...
It is good to want to believe in the best of people but we can’t let that blind us from the facts. It would be one thing if he had an affair (not that an affair would be acceptable behavior but some people do “Fall from Grace”) but this guy had an army of puhnanny. Sex addiction? It is called Testosterone, all men have it. The fact is, all of us  (men and women) could have a multitude of affairs if we wanted to. We don’t because of this thing called morality (and in my case, the fear of my wife still beating the Bejesus out of me with Golf Clubs.)
It would be funny if his wife had a Press Conference and said, Yeah that’s right, I beat the Krap out of him.
I also have no compassion for the women he slept with. I don’t buy into the “Star Struck” excuse. The fact is, they all knew he was married and had children. This makes them just as low as he is.
I never could understand the money thing. How much is enough? I guess that is one problem I doubt I will have to worry about LOL.
Hi I'm new to this forum.....

I find it sad and pathetic that Michael Vick who mudered poor defensless animals is welcomed with open arms back into the NFL and also kept most of his sponsers. But Tiger who is only guilty of doing the deed is being just attacked and losing most of his sponsers. What the heck is wrong here?
Why does the media portray athletes as role models anyway?Why does society do it? I just dont get it. Just because some one is an extrodinay athlete does not automatically make them a good person.
I do not agree with what he did but in all honesty I really just dont care.What he does in his personal life does not change his abillity to play golf.
The women that he slept with new exactly who he was and what they were doing. The porn star that wants an apology is riduculous. Is this B**tch for real.LOL
I know I'm going to get some $hit for this next comment...
His wife new what he was when she married him. This is not new behavior. She was willing to make The Deal. There are alot of famous women who made The Deal. Jackie Kennedy,Hilary Clinton, Carmela Soprano come to mind. If she could not keep up her end of the deal she never should have signed on in the first place.