MedHelp Social Community
Tiger Woods...your thoughts?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Tiger Woods...your thoughts?

Here in Australia Tiger Woods is hot news! Splashed all over the front pages of our major newspapers etc.
Today we see his wife has left him. Personally I just rolled my eyes when news came out that he has at least 10 woman coming out of the woodwork claiming affairs with him. Reminded me of Gordon Ramsay and his philanderings.

Do you think this will wreck his career? He has been such a fantastic golfer. Do you think he will start to fail now all this has come out?
I think I heard he makes 90 mill a year!  Of course he has women falling all over him! What astounds me is that these women come out proudly about what they have done, even tho it is tearing apart two little childrens home!  He is wrong, yes. I am sure he has women throwing themselves at him all the time. To me those women should be shamed and not made rich and famous from whoring around with a family man. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.  And he deserves to lose the family. And frankly, it is none of our business and the media is having a field day with it cause they make a fortune for helping to ruin peoples lives. Sick times we live in. IMO
I do think this will hurt his career. I think people thought of him as a clean cut good person. It's sad. Why couldn't he stay faithful? He has a beautiful wife, beautiful children, more money than he knows what to do with and his job is something he loves. He had it all. I can never understand someone not appreciating that and just throwing it away. It's so hard to understand and it's incredibly sad.

As for the women coming out of the woodwork, I'm with Teko. They should be ashamed but this is the society we live in anymore. Apparently it's not a big deal to commit adultery or tear apart a family. But these women are proud. Well, they'll get their 10 seconds of fame. I guess that's what it's all about.
He is the one who has betrayed a marriage and all the while projecting (and, no doubt, profiting from) the squeaky clean/ family man image... so, if anyone should feel the enormity of embarrassment and shame, it is Tiger Woods, himself.
It says a lot about his character. Hopefully he will lose endorsements because of this.
Yes, you're right. I think he had more responsibility than anyone and should be held more accountable. I was just saying these women should be ashamed from trying to profit from their (supposed) relationship with Tiger. But indeed, he should be ashamed too. It's all so sad. Now his wife has left, right before Christmas with the children. Was it worth it, Tiger?
Tiger is not out of the woods, yet.
As of today, Tuesday, Dec. 8th, it's 12 women and counting.
I wouldn't be surprised if he announces that he's a Sexaholic.
There is also rumors of Ambien and Vicodin use.......
I'm sorry but it's old news....not about Tiger, just about these actors, sports players, famous people cheating.  It's common place not only in today's society but in their industry.  It's sad to say it but I don't think a lot of these people are capable of being faithful, too much temptation.  But I guess you can say that for people who live a normal everyday lifestyle as well.  
Did you guys see my journal on this? People can still remain faithful. Bottom line is it's a choice.
It is a choice and unfortunately not everyone is born with the same moral compass.  It's the reality of the situation.  Maybe I've been scorned too much or maybe I've seen too many of my friends suffering from infidelity or maybe I've had too many male friends who have given me no hope.  
If anybody thinks that the former babysitter (his wife) didn't marry him for money you are very naive.  Take off his cap and he is nothing to look at.  Had he bagged groceries at the local Supermarket she probably would not have given him the time of day.  When the "first" mistress came out the wife immediately jumped to having the prenuptial agreement changed.  When and if they divorce she will get 300 million.  I'd drive my husband to his mistresses for 300 mill, NOT :)  There are tons of women out there who go through hell, husbands taking a hike, not paying child support, husbands can't be found and the women are left alone with kids, and no money.  As for Tiger's mistresses yes, they should not have had sex with Woods being a married man, but at the same time these women did NOT put a gun to his head forcing him to have sex with them.  Most, if not all, rich athletes are screwing around on their wives, his wife should have known that by marrying Woods that she is also marrying the territory.  Has she deserved it?  No!  She thought she was the only one, the only difference she was the one he "married".  Are the mistresses the only ones to blame?  No!  They didn't put a gun to his head. The only people I feel sorry for are his two kids.  The wife will be enjoying her 300 million, and will move on!  As for Woods causing his kids to have a split up family he is already paying for that because the advertisers are already pulling out.  As the saying goes "what goes around comes around".

I'm sick of this story.  What makes him/them so special?  Because he has money?  Because he is a good golfer?  Women/families  go through stuff like that every day.  Will the rich athletes, other rich men, or any men for that matter keep their pants zipped after the Woods story?  No, of course not.  
Me and Barbarella think alike...lol.  It's been happening for ages.  Remember Bill Cosby, here's this man who acts like an angel, has his show "the Cosby Show" about family, his comedy act is all about his beautiful wife Camila and his kids, he loves children, yadda yadda yadda, he loves them so much he was hit taking a paternity test for a child who said that he was her father and guess what?  Camila was not her mother.  I give credit to the actors who hide all their skeletons and can keep them from coming out of the closet, that's true talent.
Indeed it is the children that suffer, my daughter went through this except he wasnt a celebrity  albeit well off, it ruined their lives and 4 years later she is struggling to be happy, her DH went off with her 'best friend 'of quite a few years, my daughter was heart broken I spent most days and Nights trying to keep her sane ,the children have been put through unimaginable yelling ,financial squabbling, he tries at every turn to stop any financial aid she gets from him, her children have  by court ruling to see him every 2 weeks ,which I happen to think is good as children should be part of both parents lives. Sorry if I go on I have seen what it does to families, and gosh darn it dont these'other' women care  what they are doing ..I guess not maybe getting into a celebties pants is the only thing they are interested  in and the books they will be asked to write ..as for Tiger Woods I know what I would like to see him do.............
Ugh your poor daughter. What a double betrayal. These other women don't care. They are just as selfish as the man they are cheating with. If they thought about the wife or the kids they wouldn't have done it in the first place.
Thank you Mamie thats so true , they dont care but I really would like to kick Tiger's tail real hard..........
It is a terrible thing Tiger did to his family. One affair is more than enough to deal with, but he is a womanizer, going from one to another. He had no regards for his family. Saying he is sorry now is not going to have any affect on helping his marriage. Being in the news constantly has to be making his wife's situation even harder to deal with. They should lay off and let the woman have some peace. This is a time when I bet Tiger wishes no one knew who he was. He will wear that guilt for a long time.

Margy, I am so sorry your daughter had to go through that. I can relate to what happened to her, and it is a terrible thing to go through. The children always suffer in those situations. She is blessed to have you to stand with her.
I know many feel his wife only married him for his money. I don't know as I am not her but I feel so badly for her.  To have your husband cheat on you would be bad enough, but to have it make international headlines and everything that happened splashed all over the news would be so humiliating.  And those poor kids.  I am thankful they are too young to read the newspapers.  No matter what Tiger and his wife decide to do about their future I hope they shield those children.  So sad all around.  And in a situation like this I do hold the other women a bit accountable. It's one thing to have an affair not knowing a man is married, and maybe I am really old fashioned, but if a man is married or in a committed relationship it's hands off.  Period.   Surely sisterhood still exists in some form?  I just don't understand some people.
When I found out my husband of 6 and half years had been having an affair for over a year, I was devastated. Especially as he had been doing the deed whilst I was pregnant with our 3rd child! Let alone 12 or more mistresses! I really feel sorry for his wife!

I reckon some men will think he is a hero. But I really think he will lose sponsorships now. We shall see!
"He without sin cast the first stone.  If we are tired of hearing about this them why do we keep contributing to it?I
I agree, this morning I walked by the television and on the Today Show they were interviewing one of the escorts that had slept with Tiger.  I was so disgusted I turned it off.  These women are sickening.  Yes I know, he's a pig, but come on to continue to go on camera and tell about your sexual conquest with this man is just as pathetic.  Ok, so now you have your 15 minutes of fame, without thoughts of the woman who he's married to and how she feels being repeatedly humiliated day in and day out.  I'm sure she wishes she could forget about it, it's bad enough her own mind is replaying all the images and moments, now she has to turn on the tv and be reminded constantly.  It's disgusting what tv shows will do for ratings.
I feel bad for Tiger's wife. I really do. It's terrible to hear that you've been cheated on and it must feel even worse to have all of the public watching and giving their opinions.

I don't know very much about this but I don't think there is much Tiger can do to keep his wife. I mean theres tons of women and nothing he can say can make it go away.

I just hope this all goes away soon. I wish them the best though..
She'll stay, because he's paying her to.  She may just stay for a little while and than leave.
what about all of the politicians and their girlfriends, it seems most people that are well known the media makes a mountain out of a molehill, and once they sink their teeth in them they do not let go the media does not always tell both sides and they watch the celebrities like hawks,I keep hoping they will say something good but they enjoy the juicy tidbits, i personally think it is sick, one person i felt sorry for was a rape victim, she was found and was helped to the car, and the media took a picture of her at least what they could get before someone gave her something to put over her, and they showed it, she tried to sue, but they said she could not sue the media for taking a picture of what was happening just wonder who tips them off, as far as tiger he is no better and no worse than the rest of them i just feel for the family being hounded jo
Tiger announced he's taking an indefinite leave from golfing to work on his marriage. The word infidelity was used I guess for the first time from him. I bet this is really hitting him now.
This whole thing is so sad. Some of his close friends said he changed after his father died. Maybe he never got to fully grieve. Who knows what happened. It's still all so sad.
He certainly had some stamina ,one way and another ,LOl to keep all this going and women all over the place even 'escorts' I hear tonight, his wife could have ended up with something nasty ,medically to deal with ..what was it  Ivana Trump said , 'dont get Mad get' everything '.....I hope Tiger tail's wife does get everything ..  ......
He needs to take an indefinate leave from running around with other women!
Hey he just won 'Sportsman of the Year '   good title I thought..... I hear the figure is past 15 now, is his wife still with him?
She has been seen without her wedding ring on and she's looking to buy a house in Sweden.  I wouldn't be surprised if she moved away to avoid the media scrutiny.  
This story with Tiger Woods just disgusts me! I hope his wife does get all the money from the new prenuptial, because she deserves it for having to go through this! And the mistresses just keep piling up! What a scumbag.
What makes me laugh is that the mistresses are hurt because they thought that they were the only ones.  Haha, he's cheating on his wife with you, they really thought they were special.
mami, lol.
Oh boy a ton of money is going to be made by each of them when they write a book about it...hey I heard Monika Lewinsky just had a book out all about 'Bill' and she says he lied ....lol
I can't wait for the movie! Well, actually I can!
i read back in the history of presidents and most of the presidents had a mistress or whatever even franklin d roosevelt and he was my hero, his wife stated she did not like the sex side of marriage and even offered him a divorce, but he said ni i love her they lived separate sheknew of his woman, but stated that was fine with her you just do not know who you can trusy but i wonder how bill got away from his bodyguards i guess it can be done i bet bush had one too, but he did not get caught i read how some of the women were slipped into the white house by a trusted emplyee yhis was way back when tho who cares  jo
Some people are tired of hearing about it every time they turn the television on. The silver lining is, it is a break from Michael Jackson. The sad truth is, they would make him out to be some kind of hero if he died.