MedHelp Social Community
Vitamins

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Vitamins

do any of you believe in supplementing vitimans in your diet..Ive been tired due to thyroid and recooping from surgery...just started taking   B complex with C and Rosehips..it helps alot.....also am starting on Omega fish Oil supplement has anyone had success with that or have anything  to comment on about vitamins...?
I was put on potassium pills because of my heart and that was the only thing low when I had a minor heartattack. I have noticed that when I take the potassium pills I am more energetic all day long.  

If I try to take a multivitimin then it makes me sick or makes my heart race. I wish I could find one that I could take.
yes my dear since my gastric i have to take a supplemental vietamin.. plus with my kidney s being bad i have to take a special one. it is called Nephorite...doesn wonders for me
I take supplements as directed by the doctor treating me for Lyme disease.  I take sublingual B12, B complex, Omega fish oil (though I am otherwise vegetarian, I make an exception to take the fish oil), alpha-lipoic acid, and vitamin D.  My bloodwork showed that my D was very low.  

It's hard for me to dissect and say which improvements are from supplements and which are from antibiotics, but I did start to feel less fatigue when I added the D supplement.

I have to eat with vitamins if not they upset my stomach...found a liquid one I can take on a empty  belly....Took it for awhile..Now I am on a multi gel one from Walgreens and no problems with it ....Gives me energy...Omega is good...My husband has psoriais he takes it for that...I think I read its good for belly fat..So i take it to....lol
Although counter to the Marshall Protocol, I am reading more and more about the use of Vitamin D and preventing everything from premature births to chronic pain...

I am drinking at least one glass of milk a day. But that possibly isn't enough...
Not all vitamins are created equal. Some of them are no good... Make sure to see if they are pharmacy grade if you want to get the most out of them.  I saw a video once, but I don't remember the url.  They tested them by putting a pill in a cup of vineagar for about 15-30min.  If the pill didn't disolve in that time frame, then it was no good because the body can't absorb the pill.

That said, I haven't been taking vitamins. It seems I feel no different either way. It just turns my urine a brighter yellow, lol...
I've taken a multi vitamin daily since I was 13. I sometimes take extra B vitamins as well. I think when things are so hectic we sometimes don't get as well or as much as we should and any bit helps.
I was feeling tired all the time for months. I started taking a multivitamin and omega-3s and after a couple weeks I started feeling a lot better. I slept better, had more energy during the day, and was in a much brighter mood for it all. When I stop taking the suppliments, it usually takes a few weeks to get really drug out again. I'm sold on them anyway.
I get the regular vitamins from food, however I am adding vitamin D because of a genetic deficiency plus alpha-lipoec acid. The latter gave me so much energy to get by on very little sleep throughout a decade. When my diet is too starchy sometimes, I take prenatal vitamins with the hope that it is a safe and balanced mix within each pill.