MedHelp Social Community
Welfare Rip-off Busts

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Welfare Rip-off Busts

There is a 45% surge in NYC welfare rip off busts.  Hey Obama, and we should help these people???

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02222009/news/regionalnews/heats_on_cheats_156373.htm
Have tried twice to get this tells me its incorrect, I have double checked all the dots etc
Oh come on, are you REALLY going to rely on the NY Post?!?
I'll read the link but if the people are being arrested that obviously means the government cares. Who do you think initiated the investigations? What occurs in N.Y.C. may not be occuring in other cities or states. Its complex. And before any labels me as a "liberal" I voted for Giuliani in 1993 because the crime rate in N.Y.C. had gotten out of hand. I didn't vote for him again because his tactics had gotten too heavy handed. The problem I had with "workfare" was not returning people on Public Assistance back to work but just giving them menial chores to do and keeping them dependent on Public Assistance at the same time. I'd prefer they be given job training and the oppurtunity for real jobs but many of these people did too. I certainly don't support anyone collecting for life and I'm glad that practice ended. As for President Obama you've made your stance on him loud and clear and I don't disagree with everything you said. But this is about the 4th thread on it. Since you love America and what we stand for but disagree with some specific viewpoints of the president why not start a thread about some aspect of our country you enjoy? Or politician you support? And what they are doing right? Just a suggestion.
Thank you for your intelligent, well reasoned response to the haters masquerading as patriots.  I like your suggestion, it will be interesting to see if those who are obsessed with bashing and tearing down the administration have anything positive or helpful to contribute.
jd
You're right, the link doesn't work.  Go to Google and type in "Heat's on Cheats" and you will get the link which WILL work.

ILADVOCATE,

If you do not like my posts, don't read them, simple as that.  

What I enjoy about America?  Hard working people.  Our freedom thanks to our military people.  Freedom to say and post what you like and not being sensored and told what I should say, what headline I should make, how many times I should talk about Obama.  Hell, why am I getting attacked??  I'm not the only here disliking Obama.

What I dislike about America, irresponsible people milking the system and want us hard working people to bail them out.  

Others said the same thing about the bailing out issues, yet I am getting criticized.  But hey bring it on, I can take it!

30.000 welfare frauds in NYC and I get criticized for posting this?  Are you kidding me?.  No, NYC is not the only State, if you read my other post I said that IMO CA is the worst. when it comes to welfare/disability fraud.  I also said that there are people who DESERVE the disability and who WANT TO WORK DESPITE IT.  But people only want to read what they want to read.  Why so sensitive?  It is what it is.  As for the government stepping in yes, they should step in and a lot more, its about time.

I thought we live in a free country and people should not be told/asked what they should and should not post.

And I don't disagree with what you just posted here either. But its complex. People who are conservative don't want the government interfering in their lives. They don't want "big government". But then they want the government monitoring what people are doing in general in some cases. Its complex. America is a free country and I did post a suggestion you should write to President Obama. You have the right to on this or any other issue. I did that for a reason. Because everyone has a right to their own opinion and free speech was designed specifically to protect those viewpoints that you disagree with most. I just felt that President Obama deserves some respect as the president of our country. Sure people disagree with the Economic Stimulus Plan and its understandable. I just wouldn't go as far to say he is connected with or would agree with people defrauding Public Assistance. That's a federal crime. And the federal government is the one who prosecutes it. If you feel the government should take a stance I wouldn't say they shouldn't. But I wouldn't say they would in any way support it.