MedHelp Social Community
What is with the federal Government holding our money we worked hard fo...

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

What is with the federal Government holding our money we worked hard for when we need Social Security Disability?

I am so tired of our Federal Government not giving the people that need Social Security Disability their money they worked so hard to earn.  I have currently been turned down once already and am up for reconsideration. I have a Governor, a Senator and a lawyer working to get this appeal through for me this time around. And I hope they bug them enough that I get it.

We are about to lose our house because I can't work and haven't been able to work since February of 2009 and  my husband is busting his butt to make what little money we are bringing in truck driving and he is gone 6 days a week. We need my disability money to help with bills. This system is so unfair, you shouldn't have to beg for the money you earned and payed in to the system.

Yes its essential to obtain quality representation but also to have the information on your disability, full records from all treating physicians and hospitals (if you went) entered into the case file. Lawyers should help with all this but some don't. As well since by Soc Sec law, any documentation from any treating physician has greater weight than a Soc Sec physician, make sure to have full documentation from all treating physicians on why you are unable to work at this time. At the same time they need to write up a letter as to exactly why the initial denial was wrong. For more information Google "Disability Secrets" which has some helpful information. Also go to ssa.gov which is the Soc Sec website and has general questions answered as well as specifics about different disability listings and many other questions. They have a very complete questions and answers question and very specific information on laws and regulations. Don't be concerned if this has to go before a soc sec judge because the higher the level of appeal the greater the chance of winning. You just need to be prepared.
Thank you so much for this info ILADVOCATE. My sister is getting ready to apply for disability because she has rheumatoid arthritis, which is getting much worse. I hope she can get some help from the sites you gave.
What I don't understand is during the wait for disability you can have no income. She is eligible for unemployment insurance since she was let go at her job. But she's heard that she can have no kind of income during the wait. How are people supposed to eat, pay for meds and rent?  
Thanks again for the info you give all of us.I wrote these sites down to give to my sister.  Remar