MedHelp Social Community
Where in the world is Palin?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Where in the world is Palin?

They seem to be keeping her under wraps for a while, after her two flubbed interviews.  Is she bound and gagged in a closet somewhere, until after the election?

Come out, come out, wherever you are!  
Peek - did you watch the SNL parody on Sat night?  Tina Fey was hilarious.  
With Palin, you don't really need a parody, though!  Real life is funny enough!
Shes on vacation
This is not quite the time for a vacation.  If she really is, that's even funnier!
Yeah I know but sometimes after 2 interviews with CAMERAS its time for one ya know
I don't think Biden is on vacation, and he's been doing lots of interviews.  With cameras.

Biden has been here in N.C. over the weekend

I really dont know whats up with Palin
Biden has not been doing interviews, he has done what 2? Biden has been at rally's not interviews. Obama is not doing a lot of interviews, do you see him taking questions left and right?
I would like her to take a permanent vacation...
bohan54-not to sound like a jerk, but you are in Canada and have no basis to speak on anything in our political process.
You do sound like a jerk!

bohan54 has EVERY right to state her opinion!

bohan, I totally agree with you!!!
wannabenana-yeah she can state her opinion but she lives in Canada and should focus on her country and politics. it's like the world polls that says the world wants Obama elected. Who cares what the world says, this is America and we only need to focus on what America wants and what America says in terms of our politic process and politicians.

and you think i sound like a jerk because you disagree with me on politics.
How can I disagree when I don't even know where you stand?

bohan would be a very closed minded person if she only concentrated on her own country's politics.
i am on here to help people and not get into a huge political discussion, but if wanted then i can.
i said you disagree with me because you agreed with bohan on the Palin comment
I don't know where Palin is but I am with you Peek, hopefully in a closet somewhere bound and gagged until after the election. Then they can ship her back to Alaska.

I am with you bohan, all the way!!!

I believe this is MedHelp's forum and everyone is welcome to this discussion. We all know that our poltiics in the U.S. will have influence in other countries.

Best,

PlateletGal
I am entitled to vote in the federal election as a US citizen living abroad.  
then i misspoke bohan54 and i apologize for that.

Platelet Gal-yes American politics will have effects on the world, but the world media does not give fair coverage to all politicians.

Why do people dislike Palin?
Sorry, did not mean to cause a rift.  It's just that the woman is such an embarrassment...  Ironically, I can't vote here in Canada til next year when I intend to obtain citizenship.  My son can vote in both countries, it will be for the Democratic ticket in the US, NDP in Canada.
Oy, let me count the ways,...
Yes please tell me. She is a governor of a state. So how is she an embarrassment?
Sorry Vance, this is probably not the best forum for a political debate and I sense that we are not on the same page.  
they will  find out where she is thursady nigt.. and the ones asking will not like the answere
This is the perfect place for it. Just say why you don't like her. What views don't you like? Or are you just liberal that follows with the liberal party no matter what?
Since you asked:
Hillary was my candidate.  I will vote for Obama because his positions on most issues of consequence to me are similar to hers.

In general, I lean to the left although I am somewhat conservative on immigration and free trade issues.   I favor stem cell research, sex education and am devoutly pro-choice on abortion.  

My objection to Palin is quite simple.  McCain is an old man.  She is as far to the religious right as she can be and has a very thin political resume.  Speaking as a feminist, it would be an insult for this woman, who only represents a small minority of us, to gain such a powerful position.
and obama is too far left to have such a powerful poistion that argument doesnt work
Plus he's black.  I was at a family gathering yesterday, had to leave.  My nephew said there's no way he'd EVER vote for someone of color (he actually used more offensive language.)  Scary.
You think Palin has a thin political resume, well what about Obama? Palin is only going for VP and Obama for president. And it's an insult to millions of women to say she only represents a small minority of "you". Just because she is not a liberal on pro-choice and same sex marriage doesn't mean she doesn't represent millions of women.
See this is the problem with liberals, Palin is a strong woman but because she doesn't walk with so called "feminists" you turn your back to her. She would accomplish much more then NOW has ever done.

This is what is scary not that your nephew will not vote for a black guy.
i hope ur not saying i am against hinm because of his color????  thats a total insult.. i was praying that colin powell was going to run i would vote for him in a heartbeat.. if i am wrong i apoligise but noone said anything about race
Politics always start the feuds! Personally, I like Palin.  But I haven't heard much from Biden yet either.. After watching the debate, Im pretty sure I have finalized my decision about who I will vote for, but I won't say anything about that.. Politics are really interesting to me.. How people fight so hard about it.. I think we might as well face that one of them is going to end up running our country and we might as well find things that we like about EACH candidate and pick the one that we like BEST.. That way we wouldn't spend months arguing with eachother over which is better than the other.. But Im a nonconfrontational type of person :D
No, the race issue was not directed at you specifically.  Just wanted to expose it for all its ugliness.
thats one thing that makes our country great we can disagree and argue about elections .. whar u are saying is true one of them will lead our country and in the end most americans support our president
See, we won't accomplish anything here.  You are as entrenched in your ideals as I am in mine.  Truce?
jollyman- you're right, it is great that we have the freedom to do things like argue and debate about politics.. I love having debates, its just always so sad to me how a lot of the time it ends up "turning us against eachother"

My grandpa is a die hard republican and Im very liberal.  Hearing him speak about Obama and how he is "stupid" makes me really mad.. Yeah I like to debate but once people start calling names and making things up just to hurt other peoples' feelings I think it takes it too far, thats why I would rather watch the debates than have actual debates.. Too many people get out of hand and go to far with their stereotyping and judging.
Palin was recently in NYC and I was told by one of my family members who happens to work in law enforcement that she has alot of their votes :rockonPalin:
I personally hate Palin. I don't agree with her politics, but mostly I just think she's not very bright. In fact, she may be one of the most stupid women I've ever heard speak. I'm a registered Republican who will definitely be voting Democrat. I just cannot stand the thought that if McCain dies, Palin will be running the country. In interviews, she sounds like a high school cheerleader. One can only imagine what she'll be like when she actually has to defend her views in a debate. Even if it's a semi-acceptable response (which it isn't) to tell Katie Couric that she'll have to look up some arguments to defend her position in an interview, I don't think that will fly in a national debate.

I wish McCain could have chosen a better woman for the job. I find his choice in Palin offensive to women. We are not this dumb! Sometimes I feel sorry for her because she's obviously not at all prepared to answer questions on the economy, meet foreign leaders, or give an interview that actually states a position, but then I remember that she really did this to herself. If I had been in her position, I would at least have been smart enough to realize this was out of my league.

If McCain loses, then this will be the most entertaining election ever. It's the first election that has drawn my interest. Watching Palin struggle has been quite a comedy. But if he wins, then I can only hope that McCain lives a very healthy four years. Or if not, he takes Palin with him, so that Pelosi will become President.
Heh heh...for a little comedy relief on Palin;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-in0vEN5E
Why don't you realy tell us how you feel lol ;) ;) ;)
You said it better than I did!
If you are voting for Obama then your are a RINO-Republican in Name Only and do not follow the beliefs of the republican party. Because Obama is not even close to middle of the rode.
And to vote against McCain because you have some sort of personal adjenda against Palin is crazy. And you said you don't agree with her politics shows that you are not a republican.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y
Palin does not always agree with McCains political views.  

But then again, its hard to tell, because she forgets what she's talking about fairly often.  When asked directly, she does not always know what the Republican "party lines" are.

Obama ISN"T black...He IS bi-racial. grrrrr that upsets me he plays the race card. Sorry.

no arguments please..just stating a fact

Anyways..palin is probably with Biden waiting to speak..Watch the debate tonight!
I don't think that you can say that unless I agree with Palin's politics, I'm not a Republican. I agree with many of the Republican positions on economic and financial concerns, but not always their social positions. Unless you can state what the party line is on every single debatable issue AND honestly state that you agree with that stance, then I would say that you calling me a Republican in Name Only is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. And furthermore, if you believe that you're only a Republican if you can agree with everything they stand for, then the Republican party would be a lot smaller. As Peekawho also pointed out, Palin can't even agree with McCain (and that is if she can even figure out where SHE stands on an issue) on what the Republican stance should be.

I also believe that picking a political party does not mean checking your brain at the door and always voting along party lines. It doesn't matter what party you are, you still have to cast your vote as an individual, which means that you have to consider the issues at an individual level. This is why you still get the right to vote. Otherwise, when we sign up for a political party, we might as well just give up the right to vote and allow the party to vote for us.

I don't think it's a personal agenda against Palin to believe that she's intellectually inadequate. I also think that you should consider who the VP would be in a Presidential race. If this were not a deciding factor, then politicians shouldn't have to pick a VP until after they've reached the White House.
O.K. Lets see, if you are an Obama supporter your man cannot do anything wrong.  If you are a Mc Cain supporter he can't do nothing wrong.

I'm an Independant, and I vote for the man and not for the party, always have and always will.

I always look at both candidates, research their backgrounds, listen to them talk and form my own opinion.

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned she is running for VP and not for President.  I know some of you think McCain got one foot in the grave and one on the banana peel and two days after he is elected he will croack and Sarah Palin will be our President.  Remember Ronald Reagon was only 2 yrs younger than Mc Cain.  Also remeber McCain's mother is 96 yrs old, accompanies him on all his speeches, stands up, does not sit in a wheelchair and got all her facilities.  McCain could very well have her good "genes".  As for his skin cancer, Dr. Gupta from CNN said that he studied thousands of medical records concerning McCain and that he is in good health.

As for making fun of Palin as in stumbling, we could play that childish game and bring up that just recently Biden said that President Trumann in 1929 watched TV, in 1929 there was NO TV.  We could play childish games and  bring up when Obama said "I have been to 57 States and only have two more to go".

IMO Obama has no experience when it comes to foreign policy, is anti military, never wore the uniform, it took him over 900 days to finally visit our troops in Iraq, he did not ask for a meeting with General Petreaus.  While in Germany he did not find it necessary to visit our wounded troops at Landstuhl, blamed it on the Pentagon but the Pentagon set the record straight that he was welcome but could not bring a bunch of photographers with him.

Mc Cain on the other hand served his country for 22 yrs, was 5 1/2 yrs at the Hanoi Hilton severely tortured on a daily basis and when they wanted to release him he REFUSED and said "let the others go who are here longer than me", and that is what they did and he got even more hell after that.  

Obama has/had associations with a domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, with a Real Estate crook named Retzko, and lets not forget that radical church with this racist Rev. Wright Obama went to this church for 20 yrs yet claims he didn't know what this Rev. was all about.  The only reason he stepped out of this church was because he was under pressure and thought it would hurt his chance to become President.  He is so far on the left that he is off the chart.

Look at his wife.  She is a bitter, militant woman.  Just look at her facial expression and read and hear the statements she has made in the past about "her country".  She is a militant and radical person.  Do we want her in the White House? Not exactly first lady material.

Obama's skin color has got nothing to do with it.  He is an arrogant, inexperienced individual.

This is my opinion, but lets not forget because of our military people who fight, have fought, and some of them have died for us we have the freedom to vote for whoever we please and nobody can tell us or force us who to vote for.

As for the media, except for FOX its obvious that all of them are in the tank for Obama.  Katie Couric, as well as the women on The View would never treat Obama the way they treat Pailin and Mc Cain.  Just listen to them, and look at their body language.  They can't stop kissing Obama's a...., even 78 yr old Barbara Walters had to tell Obama "how sexy he is".  Then look and listen how they question and treat McCain and Obama.  Not exactly "fair and balanced".

Palin and McCain can handle it, and I know when you run for Prez and VP it gets very tough and nobody should be treated with silk gloves if ONLY the media would treat both parties the SAME, but this is not the case.

Obama's record speaks for itself... but then again so does McCain. And there are many Republicans who are voting for Obama and especially after McCain had chosen Palin as his VP pick. (of course I think Karl Rove had something to do with that).  If you don't believe me.. you can google, "Republicans for Obama" and find the website.

Why wouldn't I believe you?  There are just as many Dems who wanted Hillary in the White House who will now vote for McCain because they are pi.....ed that Hillary didn't win the primaries, and that Obama didn't make Hillary VP.  There are tons of people, especially women who are so mad that they are now voting for McCain.

Being "mad and pi....ed" should not be the reason to switch parties, but what the candidate will bring to the table.

There are always people who switch parties, why should this election be any different?  However, I am surprised that even though Obama is now leading in the polls by 5-8 points I am still very surprised that Obama is not further ahead in the polls, that there is not a bigger gap between Obama and McCain. 5-8 points is nothing considering the "margin of error".

Of course polls really do not mean anything, remember 2004 the exit polls showed that Kerry won, the exit polls were wrong, Bush had won AGAIN!

Lets see what will happen tomorrow night, if Palin will clean Biden's clock or vise versa.

I was staunchly in Hillary's camp.  Just got my absentee ballot today, will cast it with great enthusiasm for Mr. Obama.  Hoping that other Clinton supporters will do the same!

IMO.. Palin is nowhere ready to be a heartbeat away from the presidency !