MedHelp Social Community
Who will be glad when the holidays are over??

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Me for one I have  kids so it makes it special for me but when thats gone I just dont know I will have to wait and see. At least I have some yrs ahead
I will be glad because it means things will get back to normal and I can worry about catching up on bills that I have let slide for christmas.  Also I will get more hours at work. This week s u c k s only getting 21 hours.
I feel the way companys are now its just a matter of time before christmas isnt a holiday nor thanksgiving which is very close to being done away with as far as employers go.

I went to a buisness conferance the other day and they asked people if they could do away with holidays which ones they would be out of 300 people 85 percent said thanksgiving and christmas

Christmas was chosen because most would not have to give out bonuses or pay them for that holiday.

Greedy bas tards makes me sick I let my opinion out to I stood up and said what I thought and thats why you cant find good employs these days because employers dont know how to treat them
Yeah my mom used to get two weeks off for christmas and new years. Since her boss passed away and his son's took over the business she is only getting off the same days I am Christmas and the day after. and New Years day.
oh and should I add they were paid days off!!  I don't get any of this holiday off paid so it is hurting me.
I will be soo so happy when christmas will be over. Iuse to love this time of year, but anymore i really do hate it. All the rushing and the commericalism, they atrt pushing christmas down your throat at halloween i mewan comeon get real already.. Its just got no fun in it any more
I wish i could wake up tomorrow and it would be January.......
as cold as it is sarah feels like january
Glad to hear I am not the only one who thought about sleeping through the holidays...LOL. I love Christmas...but this year things are rough. I have been off work since Aug...having 2 surgeries, hubby is getting laid off for 2 weeks over the holidays. I am sure glad that we will all get together...that will be great. As for the tree...lol. Barely set it up yesterday. My cat is obsessed with it and wouldn't you know...today he tipped it over...what a mess. I hope he scared himself so bad that he won't go near it again. LOL  You aren't kidding when you say its cold. We had wind chills of -18 this morning...and -38 yesterday......bbbbbbrrrrrr. I am not sure which is worse...the cold outside or the one that has been kicking my butt for the last week.

Well...money...cats and craziness all aside...I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!
No I enjoy the family togetherness people trying to be on their best behavior..thinking about charity,,The celebration of Jesus birthday brings out a lot of good in people,,I wish that part would last all year,,,I could do with out all the commercialism.