MedHelp Social Community
cleaning tip

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

cleaning tip

Anyone have a good recommendation for cleaning the jets in a whirlpool bathtub? It seems like there are dry flakes of soap come out when I run it.
I have no idea.  I'm wondering if you could A. look at the manual that came with it, B. call the store you got it from or that sells that same brand C. call the manufacturer or D. google the company and ask directly online about it.  

good luck
Thanks, I think google will be the best bet.
Fill it with hot water. Add 1/2 cup dishwasher detergent. Run it for 30 minutes. Drain fill with hot water and rinse 10 minutes. (instructions from my manual from Jacuzzi tub).
Sounds like calcium/lime build up.  If you can remove the jets try soaking them in white vinegar. If you can't remove them, try scrubbing them with an old toothbrush and vinegar.  The vinegar will help break down the calcium or line.

This works well with shower heads too.  Just remove the head and place it in a basin of vinegar; let set for a couple/few hours (depending on how bad it is). You may have to use a tooth or other small brush to remove some residue, and if the item is really gunked up, the process may take longer.
We have such terribly hard water here .. it really is tough to get that buildup off.  Lots of great answers/ideas here!!!!!

C~