denial of nexium prescription after 8 years
Medco, the prescription provider for my insurance plan recently notified all subscribers that it will no longer refil NEXIUM for any of its subscrbers.

I have been taking nexium for various conditions, GERD, Barrets esophagus, quite successfully since it was introduced back in 2001.  

I can not afford to risk taking a substitute medication.  Is there anyone out there who knows how I can effectively and successfully take on MEDCO.  
Incidentally, I believed that MEDCO has issues with Astra Zeneca; the substitute medications are of equal cost, but are of UNEQUAL effectiveness for me.
can you change insurance companies? If you are on medicare you can contact the social sercurity office, they have a procedure to dispute it. sorry not much help...good luck
The decision can be taken to a formal appeal. One place of help that could provide you with concrete information on how specifically to do it is your local independent living center:
http://www.ilru.org/html/publications/directory/index.html
The prescription plan could take Nexium off its list of medications that are immediately approved but I would doubt they could remove it entirely but if the law allows that that could be contested as well but it depends on the legality of what they are doing as Nexium (I know someone who takes it) is a very standard medication that is helpful for many people.
MedHelp has a Health Insurance Expert Forum where you may be able to get expert advice on your situation:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Health-Insurance/show/13

Good luck!