MedHelp Social Community
my doctor's office failed to let me know about schedule apointment...

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

my doctor's office failed to let me know about schedule apointments

What to do about this situation.  The doctor office appointment person contacted me and stated " someone is going to call you about your upcoming mamogram (mammogram) appointment and at the time she was aware of the time and date of that appointment. The day of the appointment, my RA doctor had sent me to get xrays of my hands and feet, and guess what occurs that when i found out that very day i had miss my mammogram apt. No one had contacted me as my doctor office had alleged to inform me of the date and time of that appoitnment. This is not the first time, first time it occurred my doctor of 15 years actually acused me of deliberately missing an appointment. I feel that my right were violated  more than one time, since its office gossip like how would the nurse, appointment clerk and the doctor engaged all in my confidentialy information, and i intend to do something about this issue.
Hi there.  Well, I'm not sure there is anything you can 'do' other than switch doctor's offices.  Typically when you make an appointment for anything like a mammogram, office visit, etc.----  you are part of the process of making the appointment.  I've actually in all of my 40 years never had someone call and say your appt. is X without them saying when is good for you?  

I'm sorr you missed your appointment and are frustrated.  I would change doctors if you are concerned that they aren't doing what they are supposed to.  good luck
Lilly,  do you not make your own appointments?  I know when people are in the hospital,  various doctors come and get them for various procedures,  but it sounds like you're at home.  Do you not have the ability to make and schedule appointments?