Medical Ethics Community
Criminal Exposure to HIV
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Criminal Exposure to HIV

Do you think there should be laws on people who engage in Unprotected sex knowingly and who Knowingly infect people with the HIV virus. I've heard Numerous terms in the gay community about guys who Intentionally want to be Infected with the HIV virus( Bug chasers). Then there are people who want to give people the virus (Gift Givers0. Now due to this information wouldn't it be wise to have criminal laws for people who spread HIV knowingly? Since its a incurable disease which would eventually cause death. I know health professionals think that's a wrong way and it would prevent people from testing. I think the laws would be more centered towards people who don't know their status and people who do know there status but choose not notify the person that there with about there HIV status if there positive. Personally in my eyes that's Manslaughter or Involuntary Manslaughter which is a felony.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Just wondering what the Experts think about such a Law?
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Deliberate withholding of HIV positive information of a partner should be punishable by imprisonment.
Blank
2827584_tn?1340583296
There was a nurse recently arrested because he gave himself shots of narcotics and put the syringes and needles back for use somehow. He had hepatitis C and 3500 patients have now been contacted from just one of several hospitals he worked at for testing since they were exposed. How is contaminating a medical device with body fluid from a known infectious person any different than a HIV positive person not disclosing this information before unprotected sex?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank