Medical Ethics Community
Crush on deceased husband's doctor

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

Crush on deceased husband's doctor

Is it rediculous to think that I could ask my deceased husband's doctor out on a date?
After a period of respect for my husband, I would like to ask his doctor out.
Am I to be considered the doctor's patient as well,even though he only medically treated my husband?
I do not want to put him in an awkward position. If he would consider it unethical, I would not ask him out.
thnks
Life is a flash in the pan. Just a small period of sentience and then nothingness. There is no reason not to do so, however be prepared for rejection, which might be hurtful. Providing a sympathetic ear is part and parcel of being a good physician. If he has done so in caring for your husband he may not be interested in pursuing a personal relationship. As long as this person is not your own physician I see no ethical issues.
Thanks.  Asked him 3 times to meet for coffee in the last 6 mos and he has been busy every time.  Finally asked him if I should keep trying  to meet him and he said yes.  What the hell does that mean???!!!
It's hard to say. Think on this. Several months ago I held the hand of a dying woman. She had three days left to live. And the night before she died she held my hand and said: "There were so many things I wish I had done..."
Maybe he is keeping me around until we are both sure that I am over my husband's death and my dating him wouldn't be a rebound thing. What is also weird is that I am pretty sure he has a girlfriend who is a pathologist who works very closely with him. Why wouldn't he just say we can't meet, because he has a girlfriend.  He is killing me!  He also answers 99% of my emails, ande there have been many, but never gets personal. He is using hospital email tho. There is also a part of me that feels that he is not going to tell me to stop contacting him because he is too nice and doesn't want to hurt my feelings.  I gave him the ultimate "out" and he didn't take it. I am soo confused, but when I am ready I will ask him and not be like the lady you sat with.
You might just ask if he dates.