Aa
A
A
Close
Crush on deceased husband's doctor
Is it rediculous to think that I could ask my deceased husband's doctor out on a date?
After a period of respect for my husband, I would like to ask his doctor out.
Am I to be considered the doctor's patient as well,even though he only medically treated my husband?
I do not want to put him in an awkward position. If he would consider it unethical, I would not ask him out.
thnks
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
144586 tn?1284669764
Life is a flash in the pan. Just a small period of sentience and then nothingness. There is no reason not to do so, however be prepared for rejection, which might be hurtful. Providing a sympathetic ear is part and parcel of being a good physician. If he has done so in caring for your husband he may not be interested in pursuing a personal relationship. As long as this person is not your own physician I see no ethical issues.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks.  Asked him 3 times to meet for coffee in the last 6 mos and he has been busy every time.  Finally asked him if I should keep trying  to meet him and he said yes.  What the hell does that mean???!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
144586 tn?1284669764
It's hard to say. Think on this. Several months ago I held the hand of a dying woman. She had three days left to live. And the night before she died she held my hand and said: "There were so many things I wish I had done..."
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Maybe he is keeping me around until we are both sure that I am over my husband's death and my dating him wouldn't be a rebound thing. What is also weird is that I am pretty sure he has a girlfriend who is a pathologist who works very closely with him. Why wouldn't he just say we can't meet, because he has a girlfriend.  He is killing me!  He also answers 99% of my emails, ande there have been many, but never gets personal. He is using hospital email tho. There is also a part of me that feels that he is not going to tell me to stop contacting him because he is too nice and doesn't want to hurt my feelings.  I gave him the ultimate "out" and he didn't take it. I am soo confused, but when I am ready I will ask him and not be like the lady you sat with.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
2059648 tn?1439770265
You might just ask if he dates.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources