Ethical dilemas and moral conflicts
How do healthcare workers deal with these situations? Does moral values ever change as healthcare workers become more experienced and if so, how does their actions to resolve ethical dilemmas change? I am fresh out of nursing school and just recently experienced my first ethical dilemma. I was instructed to give a patient crushed pills with their drink after they refused to take it. I did not and my supervisor seemed a little disappointed.
You did the right thing -as long-as that patient has their wits about them, they themselves have the right to refuse medication and expect those in a position of trust, such as yourself, to respect that patient right.   Documenting the refusal of the medication by the patient, of course, is very important for your protection of your license.

Moral values come from God placing them on your heart.  He gave you a conscience and you realized that to give the pills crushed after the patient refused was wrong.  It's not good to sear your conscience by deciding to go along with what you know to be wrong.

Since you are a newby, may I suggest you look for another position as a supervisor without the right scruples could prove a sore trial?  Then, when you go to resign, you could mention why you are leaving.