Healthy Indiana Plan
I am not sure what to do. I have HIP from Ft Wayne IN I had an emergency and I went to NC to my mothers. I am just here foa 1-2 months. I had to come suddenly and I go to a Pain specialist in Ft Wayne IN I am on quite a few medications to control the pain. I will run out of my medications in less than a week. These meds if stopped will cause seizures. Does HIP pay for me to see a DR in another state. It coukld turn into an emergency if I dont get them filled . thanks kris
I would think that the coverage they provide should be nationwide. You should call their hotline and if you can't get a satisfactory answer ask to speak to a supervisor and keep track of the dates and times of the calls and the names of the people you spoke to in case this isn't easily  resolved which it should be as they would understand that it would be an emergency situation. Have your doctor write up a letter to this effect as well.