Medical Ethics Community
Legalization
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Legalization

Do you think marijuana should be legalized?Why or why not?Just a curious question.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Yes. It's a concept called individual freedom. Life,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I don't use marijuana, however, certain laws, in the United States, are unconstitutional. Yeah, I know the supreme court has not ruled that, but nevertheless, it's true. Laws against driving under the influence of drugs are another thing entirely. Those are reasonable. The state does not have the moral authority to prevent a cancer patient from smoking marijuana. And the idea is inscribed in stone on the fifteen foot high stone statue of a Roman Gladiator with his hand on an unsheathed sword  in front of a courthouse in New York.

"The State shall use no force unless just laws are defied".
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
The late Dr. Thomas Szasz (died Sept. 13, 2012), one of the founders of the libertarian movement, goes into the concept of drugs, laws and freedom in his many books, including "Szasz under Fire" and "The Myth of Mental Illness". Years ago I read two of his books, called him up at his office, and he spent three hours on the phone with me. All of his books dwell on this subject in one way or another and are good reads.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...