Medical Ethics Community
medical marijuana
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

medical marijuana

More states are passing legislation on the use of marijuana for controling pain. I've never been a fan myself, (makes me eat everything in the house) but I just wondered about the people on MedHelp. Have you found that marijuana is effective for chronic pain? Do you know anyone else that says it has helped them?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
790421_tn?1341233731
i must say it does help me ,after being on pain meds for 3 years just ha a spinal fusion ,got off the meds maybe too early but dont want to take them ,so smoking up does relax me to where im not in chronic pain,plus puts a smile on my face
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Yes. I have personal knowledge of several cancer patients who used marijuana while undergoing chemo and they felt it helped them very much.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
how about for other sorts of pain? not just cancer, is it as effective and does it always cause appetite increase and weight gain? seriously considering this in lieu of narcotics for chronic pain......just curious.
Blank
1925157_tn?1328932617
It does not cause weight gain. As marijuana speeds up your matabolism, that's why you get "the munchies" also I've ate more then my stomach can hold and wake up the next morning, smaller in my stomach area then I am before eating a normal meal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...