Medical Ethics Community
my doctor is crooked

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

my doctor is crooked

I have been seeing my family doc for about 2 years and my psychiatrist also. They both gave me SOMA. But my PC gave me lortabs, Xanax and percocet for breakthrough. I have a broken back and chromes. I hardley use the loratabs  or percocets. I take maybe 2 Xanax per week. Also, he is my husbands doctor and he gets SOMA and lortabs as well.  At first I thought he was the sweetest Dr out there but little did I know that he was the devil. He started making moves on me, calling me after hours to talk and asking me to lunch. This made me very uncomfortable. I explain ed to him that it was hard for my husband to come in every month because he started prescribing add meds for him for energy?? He started giving me scripts for him and told me to share my other scripts with my husband. I noticed that he started scheduling my appts after hours and this freaked me out and then one day he told me I looked tense and gave me 2xanax bars that he said another patient left there. After that he tried to kiss me, yuck!!! I told him that I was going to call my husband and he told me I would regret it. He even told me to take his script to a mom and pop shop before so I could share. Since he knew I already had the same one from my other Dr. I was scared to say anything until now because I tried to get my refill yesterday and they told me it was withdrawn and if I wanted the DEA phone number, they would give it to me. So I took the number. But my biggest fear is that now I have told him that I will call his wife because I feel harassed, he is trying to get me in trouble. He had mailed me a script recently because we moved and he denies it. I haven't seen him in months and don't plan too. He has even gave me scripts for add for my husband to hold onto until he needs them. Help, I was stupid but his threats scared me so do I call the idea or just sit here waiting for the cops to get me. I am not sure if they called them on me but he needs to be shut down. I am terrified, but he has already been under investigation and many pharmacies won't even fill for him?? That should have opened my eyes!! He has been touchy freely on so many occasions it makes me sick. I only believed in him and I messed up. Can anyone help or pls give advice??? I feel as though I was blackmailed, I no longer take any medicines:-)  thank the Lord above.......thanks for listening
Well this doctor sounds like a creep, if I was your hubby and you told me I would deck the clown. As far as him getting you in trouble, I don't see where the DEA would even have anything to come after you about. It would be the creepy doctor they would want. Good luck with all of this but you should be fine.
Im wondring if maybe the doctor is in trouble with the DEA and that when you tried to fill that script of his with his DEA # on it , it triggered and alarm of notice of some sort. If he was passing out drugs and scripts lik crazy he probably was hotlined by one of the pharmacies. You mentioned that some wouldnt even fill the scripts and you had to go to a mom and pop pharmacy. Something is up with that doctor. I dont see where you really did any wrong here. Just imagine, if he did this for you how many other patients has he done this too? My guess is the doctor got in trouble. ~Bkitty
I guess I can see your point.....but as I search the internet, that means I was Dr shopping and that's trouble!! But, my PC doctor told me how to go about it so I could give to my husband when he couldn't be there. My husband came back from his deployment in pretty bad shape, so he needs his meds. He doesn't take anything now but 2 low dose pain med daily. I can't sleep or eat just thinking the cops will come get me and I don't know how this works if the pharmacy involved the dea, not sure but they just said I could call them for questions because I couldn't get my husbands medicine. Just scared how to handle this...... we have children and are a military family??? Thanks again, just rambling because I am so afraid.
If you were doctor shopping you would be going to mult doctors and you pretty much have stuck to this guy? The best thing that you husband can do is make an appoint with a new doctor and start over. Get that other doctor outta the picture all together,,he is trouble.~Bkitty
I agree with Bkitty you did not doctor shop. You went to two different doctors for different legit problems. That is not doctor shopping and actually it sounds like the DEA is on to the creepy doctor and is just building a case against him. So I wouldn't worry about the storm trooper DEA kicking your door down anytime soon.
He has crossed the ethical line and should be reported to the state medical board. They will appropriately investigate your allegations.