Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
papillary necrosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

papillary necrosis

I am 49 years old they found out I had papillary necrosis years ago. Up until 2 years ago I did pretty well I was all ways able to push on.  I worked a full time job along with a 2ND part time job. however in the last two years I have now become so over whelmed with weakness and pain I can not pull an 8hr a day job..my urine is so dark, sometimes dark orange and brown my Doctor told me it is from so much blood in my urine and the pain has become unbearable at times,  feeling so weak to the point of being unable to hardly hold my head up..After years of living with this condition and holding down a full time factory job along with a pat time job for 4 years, I can no longer work..the weakness and pain over comes me to the point of not even being able to drive myself home after pulling 8 hour day. My question to you is in your opinion should I be able to qualify for social security disability benefits  with this disease. After many years of working over 40 hours a week my Doctor told me he feels its time for me to apply for disability.  Do you feel I should have no problem being approved. Thank You so much for your time.