Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Disability

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Disability

Just found out this week that I have MSK. My pcp doc told me that I need to file for permanent disability? Wow, I new that the last two years of my life has been in and out of the hospital but forever? Anyone out there on disability?
HI, SORRY YOU ARE HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ILLNESS MSK BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH IT FOR AWHILE (IN AND OUT OF HOSPITALS)  GETTING PERM DISABILITY DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BED RIDDEN. I THINK YOUR PCP KNOWS THAT WITH THIS ILLNESS YOU CAN'T HAVE A STEADY WORK SCHEDULE. IF YOU WORK IT HAS TO BE HARD GETTING WORKMANS  COMP. STARTED EACH TIME YOU ARE OUT OF WORK SICK. JUST CHECK IT OUT, AND DONT STRESS TOO MUCH. BEST WISHES  OH, IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, I AM ON PERM. DISABILITY, IT JUST MEANS YOU CAN'T HAVE STEADY WORK BECAUSE OF YOUR ILLNESS IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE AN INVALID, THERE ARE VARYING DEGREES , SOME PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO WORK ON DISABILITY. TAKE CARE.
How is it going for you?  So many have problems getting approved.  It can be a very lengthy process.  Hope you are successful!