Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
ER visit:(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

ER visit:(

I had to take another trip to the ER Tuesday night because I could not handle the pain here at home; this time it just got too bad.  Anyway, they gave me pain medicine and sent me for a cat scan.  The doctor comes in and says your cat scan looks great.  So I was like ok good, knowing that I still have stones that don't show up on scans.  However, she said I did see a tiny stone in the upper part of the kidney.  I just wanted to die laughing because at first she says it is perfect but there's a stone, so wouldn't the stone make it imperfect?  All these doctors think if it is a stone not blocking anything then there should be nothing wrong; it makes me angry, even after I told her that my MSK was diagnosed microscopically during surgery.  She still did not see the problem, oh well at least this time they helped me with my pain.
I had a 1.0mm stone that was lodged very low near the bladder that showed up on a CT Scan and that darn stone was hooked on and caused colic for about 10 days and then it finally passed and when I saw it .. it was paper thin but had hooks like a fishook to it!!!!!   SIze makes no difference .... as we know you can pass a 4.0mm stone all shiny and round as a marble as a non-event or can be in agony for days -- it depends on the stone.

Mine tend to cause pings and pangs for months in the kidney area and cause microematuria when they are moving around.  It's finally when they pass that the pings and pangs go away ...............and, my largest is only 4.0mm and my most recent was only 1.5mm but jagged edges like the ends of a baby tooth when it comes out!!!

I'm sorry you are going through this and I just wish there was a way to get that stone out of there for you.  

I did mulching last weekend and I think that has stirred up some stone-activity with pings and pangs that weren't there for a long time.  

Ugh

C~