How long does the burning/bleeding last after cystoscopy?
As most of you, I had a cystoscopy done yesterday...

I was wondering how long the burning and blood is suppose to last? I had it done over 24 hours ago and still burns badly when I urinate and there is still blood when I wipe.

Thanks!
Also, is vaginal bleeding normal?
The stinging/bleeding lasted about 48hrs for me ....

The other bleeding may come from irritation maybe with slight cuts?  But I'm not sure on ? #2 .. the other one hurt like a bad yeast or UTI for about 48hrs and then slowly eased up.

With my 2nd cysto I had to have scar tissue removed before the procedure cause they couldn't use the scope .. in only 6 mos it had caused strictures to form, but even then about 48 hrs

C~
Thank you!!! That is good to know :)

Merry Christmas!
I really am sorry you have endured all this without an answer.................I waited 9 weeks between my biopsy and surgery on my thyroid and that was on the heels of this MSK diagnosis ............the waiting is the worst part sometimes.  Hang in there. And post as much as you want.  I'm going to be on/off a few times tomorrow, too.

C~
Sorry had a house full yesterday and then was not well today.   I would encouraged you to take the AZO.  This should help with the burning/pain etc.  It will however mask the symptoms of the blood which it important to know for about 24 hours, (Don't forget the ice. warm bath etc too!)

When he did the cysto, did he use a speculum and a light to check the vagina too to make sure their were no cysts or lesions causing the bleeding?   I know even though i had saved a midstream catheter collected urine, when I had so much blood in my uro my URO did a pelvic and used the speculum to check out the cervix etc.!  I was not happy with him honestly but I know now that is standard to make sure there is nothing else going on!

How much bleeding is also significant.  If you are just spotting, not a concern.  If you  have a great deal of increase bleeding I would say call your doctor tomorrow!!  Even if the test don't show it I would say that it is very likely that an infection is causing the bleeding.  This is often the only sign except increased nausea and fatigue that I get with infection.  However within 3 days of a stronger antibiotics all the bleeding stops,
I get my strength back and the pain daily gets less and less!

I do hope you are better today!
and Sorry I didn't catch this sooner!
Keep up posted!
Shelly