Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Just Diagnosed withMSK Today
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just Diagnosed withMSK Today

I had an ultrasound on my gall bladder last Friday and got the results that afternoon. No gall stones but abnormal presentation of my kidney. Went to GP today. He said I have MSK. I have been treated for "lupus like" illness for the past nine years.  My question, does anybody else have positive ANA, extreme fatigue, joint and muscle pain? Would the MSK cause this? Knock on wood, haven't had any problems with stones or infections. What are the chances of that continuing? BTW I am 45 years old, mom, and work full time. Thanks for any input. Very new to this.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi and Welcome ... many people can have MSK and never know it unless they present with symptoms or it's found incidentally.  Many produce kidney stones and many do not with this condition. I happen to be one who does, but not nearly as often as many others who do.  Not too sure about a correlation with your other conditions but definitely ask your doctor.  A good Urologist or Nephrologist handles MSK.

C~
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Here's a link to our health pages, which are put together by our members.

BTW, meant to mention that I have gallstones, too, but they say nothing is because of the MSK.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank