Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Just diagnoised

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Just diagnoised

I have been experiencing kidney infections and kidney stones for several years.  Recently, I went to my regular doctor and told her I thought I had an infection and/or a kidney stone.  I had a CT scan and the results came back that I had three kidney stones in the left kidney.  She also mentioned that the MSK, which stated she was not familiar with, seemed to have changed some since 2009 CT scan on file.  I was beside myself.  My urologist that did the scan in 2009 had never mentioned this to me.  I have kidney infections at least once a month and the pain in my lower back and left flank is awful.

My question is where do I go from here?  Do I need to find a urologist and have all of my records sent to him?  Does this need to be monitored or what is the next step?
Hi and WELCOME ..

I did what you are thinking .. gathered all my records and tests and found a good Uro and also my Primary Doc understands it, too... that is very important.

Here are some good articles written by members or links:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185

Keep in touch!

C~