Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Lots of bloodwork today & another 24hr urine study .. ugh
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lots of bloodwork today & another 24hr urine study .. ugh

Did I say I hate the 24hr urine studies?  I think I did .. so again .. ugh ugh ugh

They won't just send out the stone -- I have to repeat the study.  I guess this is a good thing given the Vit D was so low and now on meds to be sure the calcium levels haven't risen.

They took all sorts of thyroid tests this morning, along with a Metabollic Panel to look @ the Calcium as well as a repeat Vit D via serum now that I'm on the prescription pills and feeling fine on double dose.

So next week I guess the stone + the study travel to a lab out West somewhere .... and I wait for the results.

C~
MSK with calcium oxalate stones
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
592774_tn?1325397342
Did they give you a hat? It really helps me. I keep one in each toilet when I am doing a 24 hour urine, but I still hate 24 hour urines!
I feel for you!
Nancy
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Yeah ---- the Vit D is normal now @ 33 so all I take now is 1 Vit D pill a week vs. the two!  My TSH is doing ok and all my blood is ok.

I dropped off the 24hr urine yesterday along with the Kidney Stone Analysis and await to hear back.  Looked like Calcium Oxalate to me, but won't know until I hear back.

C~
Blank
592774_tn?1325397342
Maybe they will find something in the center that the stone began forming around? It could help with prevention.  Mine have had uric acid crystals in the center and the rest was calcium Oxalate. I take alopurinol for the Uric Acid
'
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank