Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
MSK Chronic Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MSK Chronic Pain

I'm new to this forum and glad I found it. Lately I've been having more and more pain specifically on my right side. I see some older posts about people with chronic pain, but I thought I'd start a newer thread to if there's any new information. I've grown tired of Doctors telling me that "I shouldn't be in pain." Any advice from anyone? I've historically gone only to Urologists to treat my MSK, but I'm in the process of finding a Nephrologist in hopes that I can get better treatment. I've not gone to a pain management doctor, but that is my next step if I don't get proper treatment from a Nephrologist. I am on pain medication (Talwin), but it doesn't really keep me out of pain; it only lessens the pain.

Thanks!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4358712_tn?1353348292
Hi Yoshi! I feel your pain...but I find myself lucky so far...I've only had pain when I've had kidney infections due to the stones. Passing them is like a mild bladder infection until they pass. now I have 2 stents, one on either side, that are kind of brutal but I plan on going about my dsy as much as possible. They'll be in for awhile!!
Just wanted to say that you're not alone in this and someone out there feels your pain, even if it's not exactly the same...
Good luck and I wish you well!!:)
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi,

Here are some pages our member put together that may be helpful and WELCOME!

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979