Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
MSK and Diet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

MSK and Diet

Hello!  I was recently diagnosed with Medullary Sponge Kidney and have had conflicting information given to me from different doctors.  Has anyone been put on a low oxalate/low sodium diet?  I am having the hardest time figuring out what to eat and can't find much information out there.  The nutritionist gave me a list of foods, but it isn't helping me with a "meal plan."

Oh and I'm glad to have found this place!!!
Hi .. I'm on the low oxalate diet and have been told to avoid foods high in oxalates as well as calcium and to avoid taking added calcium supplements.  So even though cranberries are good for the urinary system, they are not good for us stone makers!

I'm sure others will jump in on the thread to help you ... maybe we can find a list of foods.

WELCOME .. you have found the right place to give, get and share advice with MSK!

C~
MSK w/stones