Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
MSK and genetics
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MSK and genetics

Hi

I have only just been diagnosed with MSK, and don't know much about it and have only just joined this forum.

One of the main questions I do have at this stage until I get my head around things is could my two young children have this same disease? I have been told it may be carried through genetically and I really want to know whether that is the case so that I can keep an eye out for signs and symptoms in the future for my children. My children are only very young, but I just need to know for my own peace of mind I guess.

Kind regards

Kristen
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
489228_tn?1291535054
HI, Kristen sorry I missed your post till now.  It is possible that they have MSK however
it does not seem to be overly common either.  I ask my doctor about testing my teens
and was told that is was not recommended.,,, BUT he did tell me the best known way to prevent them from making stones as to drink lemonade  and take magnesium!

Again, welcome and soo sorry i missed your post!

Keep in touch and let us know how you are!

Shelly
Blank
1002319_tn?1265178710
Hi Kristen, hope all is well. It is possible that MSK may be carried through the genes from what I have learned. Both of my kids were tested at 17 and again 22 years old for MSK. Thank God they are both MSK clear. My doc keeps pushing the issue but honestly no one else in my family has MSK but me. I just wanted to be safe and not sorry. Good luck....Cara
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...